Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
    integrity.
    The magic word that few folks have anymore.

More feel entitled.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      lol.......
      Was wondering if Someone would catch that. LOL

Comment

I support ES 100%. If you have to cheat to win it, you don't deserve it. I don't care if it hurts the poor Patriots**** feelings. They hurt my feelings every time they get caught cheating and destroying the integrity of the game I love. ES spoke the truth. A good role model should not lie. Something Tommy Boy should start paying attention to.
        sigpic

Comment

Hear, hear Both NE & NO should vacate their titles due to cheating
          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by qbronco View Post
            I support ES 100%. If you have to cheat to win it, you don't deserve it. I don't care if it hurts the poor Patriots**** feelings. They hurt my feelings every time they get caught cheating and destroying the integrity of the game I love. ES spoke the truth. A good role model should not lie. Something Tommy Boy should start paying attention to.
            I agree, Tom could have just said yes I like my footballs softer and this whole thing would be over. Instead he lied to everyone on National TV saying he doesn't even know the ball boys when come to find out he has been in direct contact with them.

He just is acting like he is guilty and since they have already been warned about messing with the footballs they deserve a STIFF penalty. We do not know how long this has been going on and obviously since they were warned back in 2002 or whenever that was they have been doing it for a long time.

Just like them video taping opponents for over 6 years before actually getting caught. They won their first 3 SB's while they were taping the opponents and now they win another while they are messing with the footballs.

They do not deserve to keep any of their SB titles if you ask me.
            sigpic
            Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
            2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
            2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

lol.......
              Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
              I agree, Tom could have just said yes I like my footballs softer and this whole thing would be over. Instead he lied to everyone on National TV saying he doesn't even know the ball boys when come to find out he has been in direct contact with them.

He just is acting like he is guilty and since they have already been warned about messing with the footballs they deserve a STIFF penalty. We do not know how long this has been going on and obviously since they were warned back in 2002 or whenever that was they have been doing it for a long time.

Just like them video taping opponents for over 6 years before actually getting caught. They won their first 3 SB's while they were taping the opponents and now they win another while they are messing with the footballs.

I'll vote for this. Great post.

Comment

Absolutely! If Brady comes out the day after and says that he asks the ballboys to make sure the balls are as close to the 12.5 limit as possible, and that he didn't realize it was an issue but he did it, he's fined $25,000 or $50,000 and the entire thing goes away. Instead he denied it and failed to cooperate and when called out on his deception, he decided to stamp his feet and hold his breath until the NFL gave him his way.

Comment

lol.......
                  Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  Absolutely! If Brady comes out the day after and says that he asks the ballboys to make sure the balls are as close to the 12.5 limit as possible, and that he didn't realize it was an issue but he did it, he's fined $25,000 or $50,000 and the entire thing goes away. Instead he denied it and failed to cooperate and when called out on his deception, he decided to stamp his feet and hold his breath until the NFL gave him his way.
                  He doubled down on his bet and lost.

But when you get EGOs involved and because the pats all feel entitled the hole kept getting deeper.

Normally the media loves them and believes them without exception.

He got caught and the media got into a feeding frenzy.

EGOs get Ya every time.

Let me add cover ups NEVER work. Eventually it comes out. And then all hell breaks out.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                    He doubled down on his bet and lost.

But when you get EGOs involved and because the pats all feel entitled the hole kept getting deeper.

Normally the media loves them and believes them without exception.

He got caught and the media got into a feeding frenzy.

EGOs get Ya every time.

Let me add cover ups NEVER work. Eventually it comes out. And then all hell breaks out.
                    Absolutely, the cover up is always worse than the original crime. Is having the ball slightly deflated a big deal? They obviously feel it gives them an advantage or they wouldn't do it. But in the grand scheme of things this isn't as big as filming the opposition signals (Pats fans say they can film them they just did it from the wrong spot, that's wrong the rule was that any team filming, meaning of the play, sideline and end zone, had to come from specified zones, filming signals was always illegal) or screwing with the opposition headsets during games at Foxboro, or perhaps it's just a coincidence that when opposition teams get on a role their headsets have issues that the Pats never seem to have.

Comment

Technically they didn't win the last one with deflated footballs. The balls were switched at halftime of the Colts game and Brady played EVEN BETTER. They were brand new balls at the 2nd half. And the 2015 procedure was in place for the SB. It's sour grapes to ask that. If they vacate their titles, what happens to ours? We were fined and penalized. Therefore found guilty of circumventing the Cap, thus gaining a competitive advantage. Our titles would have to be vacated also. That's why I'm not a fan of throwing stones. U never know what walls or if the roof of your house is glass.
                      #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                        Technically they didn't win the last one with deflated footballs. The balls were switched at halftime of the Colts game and Brady played EVEN BETTER. They were brand new balls at the 2nd half. And the 2015 procedure was in place for the SB. It's sour grapes to ask that. If they vacate their titles, what happens to ours? We were fined and penalized. Therefore found guilty of circumventing the Cap, thus gaining a competitive advantage. Our titles would have to be vacated also. That's why I'm not a fan of throwing stones. U never know what walls or if the roof of your house is glass.
                        I disagree. We had no competitive advantage on the field. Money was being deferred to build the new stadium. We were penalized, took it standing up, and moved on. A big difference to me is gaining an illegal advantage on the field.
                        sigpic

Comment

Such a lame rationale. So the Pats put a good half together with regulation footballs. Good for them! THAT'S not what they're being penalized for. You're just making excuses. Also this is apples to oranges comparison to the Broncos. For one, the Pats situation is mainly a Player situation that remains. That player's actions costs the team, sure - but it was a PLAYER who cheated. I"m not going to go into details and invest a bunch of time arguing the same crap that Pats fan won't absorb either - search your morality - you know it's true. Tom Brady cheated. Deal with it. The sad part for him and his fans and team is - he's good enough to have not even tried to skirt that rule - but he DID - if you can't do the time - don't do the crime. Now he looks like a sore loser crybaby
                          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

lol.......
                            We had no competitive advantage. He did not being in ringers with any extra cap space or anything like that.

It was strictly a computing thingy.

But think in this matter would they have even gotten to the playoffs. How many games did they wins because of cheating during the year

Did they get HFA because of an extra win or so.

As for the super win they had lost that game except for a REALLY STUPID play that was called on the goal line.

Maybe they would have won it going away if they had had there soft balls.

There is a lot of what the hell would have happened if they had not cheated in games for God knows how many years.

Comment

We can't say what would happen if it were the Broncos. What if games never work. Last time Denver was caught doing any cheating, the one doing the cheating was terminated and the coach fired shortly after. I think we all know how Bowlan and Elway feel about cheating.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                                (Pats fans say they can film them they just did it from the wrong spot,
                                Simply saying that is rationalization. I mean you could apply this logic to other rules and it makes ALL the difference. Take for instance, Foul Shooting~ So the Pats shoot from half the distance to the hoop- 'the wrong spot'. Think that's wrong? creates and advantage for them? is cheating?

The NFL depends on these teams to self supervise and make sure they follow the rules in the interest of fair play. Cutting those kind of corners is lame and I for one will never respect their accomplishments. It's a shame because they were a very good team who might could have achieved near the same accolades without cheating - who knows. We'll never know - and that's why history is blemished ..... and that's why there should be asterisks
                                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Working...
                                X