• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Curious....

Does anyone know his Wonderlic score?

I ran into quite a few Indiana fans who swore up and down the kid was brain dead. Im not one to believe everything told to me but I cant find his score anywhere on the net.

As we know, rumors early last season were he could not grasp the playbook and Mannings audibles which baffles me because in a hurry up, routes are given with hand signals and key verbal indicators

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
    Still think we should have drafted Moncrief instead of Latimer...or maybe moved up and drafted both instead of Schofield...but we will see how it plays out. Still hoping Latimer shows us there is a reason we moved up to get him.
    For Kubiaks offense I am glad we have Latimer instead.

Originally posted by pzmire View Post
    My prediction is DT signs his tender and plays on a 1 year deal - As often happens with players who sit out a portion of OTA's and or TC, he will sustain an injury - probably a severely pulled hamstring or some such and be hobbled throughout the year - He will sit and Cody will be the primary beneficiary
    Sadly I agree there is a better then not possibility of this happening.

At this point I think it is more on the agents of these WRs trying to push the max salary for WRs up then the teams who are just trying to keep salaries reasonable and not put too much money into one player.

Who is going to suffer is the guy not doing any physical training for worry of risking a injury which means the chances are higher when he does start playing his out of conditioned body will not only be unprepared for football but more likely to get a injury.
    Last edited by Hadez; 07-08-2015, 10:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• pzmire
    replied
    Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Lol yeah right. You don't just sit players of DT's caliber just because he wants to be a Bronco long term.
    My prediction is DT signs his tender and plays on a 1 year deal - As often happens with players who sit out a portion of OTA's and or TC, he will sustain an injury - probably a severely pulled hamstring or some such and be hobbled throughout the year - He will sit and Cody will be the primary beneficiary

Leave a comment:

• Gbt31
    replied
    Still think we should have drafted Moncrief instead of Latimer...or maybe moved up and drafted both instead of Schofield...but we will see how it plays out. Still hoping Latimer shows us there is a reason we moved up to get him.

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
    Cody could wind up as our #2 receiver. With DT holding out he could find himself sitting when the season starts.
    Lol yeah right. You don't just sit players of DT's caliber just because he wants to be a Bronco long term.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
    Cody could wind up as our #2 receiver. With DT holding out he could find himself sitting when the season starts.
    Is a "#2 receiver" off or on?

Leave a comment:

• broncolassiter
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Bet Kubiak and Dennison look at Cody as just the kind of guy they need to put a lil extra effort in to make sure he gets on the field. Many times last year I herd the Broncos people say he was the best blocking WR in the draft.

He may very well end up being a better Hines Ward.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    With as many 11 personnel/3 WR formations as Denver used last year, one may reasonably have expected to see more of Cody Latimer. This year Welker is gone, but it is expected Denver will use more 21/12 personnel formations with two TE/FB/H-Backs. In those, if there are two WRs on the field, one might expect them to be Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders.

Latimer has his work cut out for him to find a place on the field. His blocking ability will give coaches a good reason to get him on the field more. If he can't crack the starting lineup, I expect to see him on some STs, especially KOR and PR. In comparison, the new offense should be more well defined, and Latimer has the same position coach to help with the transition. Time to step up.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    I am stoked about Latimer yet his own words bring cause for concern to me, mostly his difficulty in getting the play book. Sure he was a first-year player and the expectation on him to contribute in a system with an already established set of WRs in their respective positions would make it hard to get on the field, yet, if his goal was more playing time, the only way for that to happen is to keep getting the coaches attention. We all know of (and look forward to) his physicality but he needs to know what he is supposed to do and where he is supposed to be on each play.

Manning's offenses of the past have caused even seasoned WRs grief, yet most have managed. Reports suggest Kubiak's offense this year is easier which can be a plus for Latimer but he needs to follow the example of guys like Anderson who are not only putting in the time on the field and in the classroom but also their own time to learn all they need to.

I'm glad Latimer has appeared humbled by this and wants to improve. Let's hope that translates in to him improving in to more of a complete player. :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Last year with 3 very good veteran WR's (DT, Sanders and Welker) on the roster AND Julius catching passes (also had Caldwell and Norwood for much of camp) I imagine it was difficult to get many reps to prove himself, and he was not needed with the talent the Broncos had at the receiver position. This year with DT not attending OTA's and Welker not here I would think that Latimer will have the opportunity to get on the field as the 3rd WR, I bet he will do a great job but still this offense probably won't use a 3 WR/11 personnel sets as much as the last couple of seasons and DT and Sanders, barring injury will be the starting 2 in 12 or 21 personnel packages.
    I see Latimer getting around or at least close to 50 catches this season, seeing the end zone a few times ... he is a good WR, the Broncos have just been too deep at his position so far in his career.
    I wouldn't go quite as far as you have here - IMO. Latimer & DT would make a great 1-2 punch. We had one of the most potent offenses with Decker & DT as our wide-outs. Height, speed & willingness to block will all be tremendous assets for Latimer. I am imagining a speed vs. size WR group.

Leave a comment:

• brianmcfarlane
    replied
    Last year with 3 very good veteran WR's (DT, Sanders and Welker) on the roster AND Julius catching passes (also had Caldwell and Norwood for much of camp) I imagine it was difficult to get many reps to prove himself, and he was not needed with the talent the Broncos had at the receiver position. This year with DT not attending OTA's and Welker not here I would think that Latimer will have the opportunity to get on the field as the 3rd WR, I bet he will do a great job but still this offense probably won't use a 3 WR/11 personnel sets as much as the last couple of seasons and DT and Sanders, barring injury will be the starting 2 in 12 or 21 personnel packages.
    I see Latimer getting around or at least close to 50 catches this season, seeing the end zone a few times ... he is a good WR, the Broncos have just been too deep at his position so far in his career.

Leave a comment:

• JPPT1974
    replied
    Just hope he lives and learn and becomes an elite player in the league!

Leave a comment:

• Taos_Broncomaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Well, there were six guys drafted last year; three on offense and three on defense. The defenders made the roster and played while two of the offensive guys made the roster; one wasn't active and the other played very little. One drafted rookie was on the PS. Maybe last year's offense wasn't rookie friendly, or maybe those three guys just weren't ready. Who knows? I'm sure someone who thinks they do will tell us.
    One would think the DT holdout is the best thing that could have happened to Latimer. The rest is up to him, here's hoping.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
    At least we know, it wasnt totally Fox's fault, that Latimer didnt play much.
    Well, there were six guys drafted last year; three on offense and three on defense. The defenders made the roster and played while two of the offensive guys made the roster; one wasn't active and the other played very little. One drafted rookie was on the PS. Maybe last year's offense wasn't rookie friendly, or maybe those three guys just weren't ready. Who knows? I'm sure someone who thinks they do will tell us.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X