Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    I see bibbs going to the practice squad. Even if he has a better camp, it's harder for rbs to latch onto new teams. Anderson, ball, Thompson, and Hillman are our 4 rbs. As much as id like to see Thompson or Hillman in some specialty role, I doubt it'll happen. I'd love to see Thompson at FB and Hillman line up in the slot from time to time.

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    And why do you say that?

That only leaves Bibbs and thompson as potential 2b RBs....I like both, quite a bit actually. I think Bibbs does awesome this year- as he reminds me of slaton. I think he beats out hillman. I do not think bibbs will beat out ball or thompson though. Thompson will great fit for the ZBS is a little slower and stiffer in the hips, I also do not know about his pass catching skills. Ball is as good or better than all of those guys in all of those categories and has been renown as our best pass pro.

It would take one heck of an all world camp for one bibbs/thompson to become the 2B and not ball nor hillman.

Personally I see CJ/Ball, bibbs,thompson- good news is we only have about 1 more week before we get to find out!

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    I don't know how advanced Montee Ball's appendicitis was, or whether he required open surgery or a scope. I had a feeling that procedure, which was done at the start of TC last year, would come back to cause him troubles as it opens muscle tissue in the midsection.

I'm glad C.J. Anderson, Ronnie Hillman and Juwan Thompson were available. I'm looking forward to seeing all the Broncos return to TC recovered from their injuries and ready to compete.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
    He will be wrong
    And why do you say that?

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    He will be wrong

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by SammyWinder View Post
    Just do not see what people see in Ball, he is slow and plodding and does not run big.

I will necro this thread in December to prove that point. I really think someone not named Hillman or Ball will be our number 2.
    This is what I hate about these boards.....The neiner neiner attitude of haha, I told you so. I was right, you were wrong na na na na na na....

If you were right, congrats on being right I guess...If you were wrong then we have another viable option at running back which as far as I can tell is the better of the two scenarios.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    How can someone be considered a flop after having surgery to remove an organ? Hillman has only had himself in the way of consistently doing what he did last year in two games but i dont hear that term mentioned for him. Yet hillman has numerous apologist. It kind of reminds me of wolfe and the year after his health issues, i heard a lot of chatter about how he wasnt living up to his potential and we should cut ties with him.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by SammyWinder View Post
    Just do not see what people see in Ball, he is slow and plodding and does not run big.

I will necro this thread in December to prove that point. I really think someone not named Hillman or Ball will be our number 2.
    Yeah, what was that stupid Elway thinking?

Leave a comment:

• SammyWinder
    replied

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Den615 View Post
    This is a misconception that is very popular on these boards, but it isn't entirely true.

A few examples off the top of my head.

2005 Denver Broncos
    Mike Anderson -- 239 carries -- 1014 yards -- 13 TD's
    Tatum Bell -- 173 carries -- 921 yards -- 8 TD's

2011 Houston Texans
    Arian Foster -- 278 carries -- 1224 yards -- 12 TD's
    Ben Tate -- 175 carries -- 942 yards -- 4 TD's

Obviously there have been seasons with Davis, Portis, and Foster where Kubiak did ride his workhorse, but he also knows the value of splitting carries.
    How much of the splitting was due to shannahan? Tate had a 175 carries but 84 came in 4 games. Foster missed 3 and the last game they had the division wrapped up so Tate got the majority of the carries. If kubiak feels he has a true workhorse he's going to grind him

Leave a comment:

• Den615
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Kubiak is known for having a workhorse RB that carries the majority of the load. It will all depend on how CJ does though.
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I think it may actually be a little high. Kubiak runs his primary rb into the ground. Barring injury ball probably won't get more than 130 carries all season.
    This is a misconception that is very popular on these boards, but it isn't entirely true.

A few examples off the top of my head.

2005 Denver Broncos
    Mike Anderson -- 239 carries -- 1014 yards -- 13 TD's
    Tatum Bell -- 173 carries -- 921 yards -- 8 TD's

2011 Houston Texans
    Arian Foster -- 278 carries -- 1224 yards -- 12 TD's
    Ben Tate -- 175 carries -- 942 yards -- 4 TD's

Obviously there have been seasons with Davis, Portis, and Foster where Kubiak did ride his workhorse, but he also knows the value of splitting carries.

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I think it may actually be a little high. Kubiak runs his primary rb into the ground. Barring injury ball probably won't get more than 130 carries all season.
    That would be 8 carries a game, right on par with the writer's expectations

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Only 7-8 carries? I think that is little low. I bet there will be games he gets only 7-8 carries but on average I bet he sees over 10 carries a game by the end of the season. Later in the season CJ will need some relief too, it is hard to stay 100% healthy and fresh the whole season. Ball will be a solid "relief" back.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    One day Big Al was talking about how - in the ZBS, simple 'effort' can actually go a long way. If these rooks can absorb what their jobs are (and attack the snap with confidence) and don't take any plays off, they actually could be better than what you might expect from power scheme with rooks. Dunno if that's the case, but there a ton of variables between this season and last.

If the OL doesn't turn out to be even adequate, Monte Ball might struggle again - of course he should at least be healthy now though. I'm just not worried about CJ - dude is a greased cannon ball with legs

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    A lot of media doesn't seem to know the struggles our offensive line was going through when Ball was starting. I think Ball could do MUCH better with an OL who is settled into jobs - as opposed to being tinkered with and experimented with because things weren't coming together.

Having said this, CJ made plays despite the OL's issues.

I think we still haven't seen what Ball can do. I also think CJ will continue to show that he can make the 1st guy miss 90% of the time and the 2nd guy miss 50% of the time

CJ is one of my favorite Broncos after last season. But I think Ball can still make a splash
    I think both RB can be good. I am worried about the Oline and their ability to play at the NFL level. They could have up to 4 new starters, several of them rookies and others not having much experience at all. It's very possible to see an Oline of:

Sambrailo--Garcia--Gradkowski--Vasquez--Schofield

Now people keep saying Kubiak can turn anyone into a good Oline....having 3 or 4 new guys in their 1st and 2nd year in the league??? That's a tough order to fill.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X