Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos-Cowboys being investigated for collusion

@AdamSchefter: Story on possible collusion between Cowboys and Broncos:

NFLPA is reviewing information to determine whether... http://t.co/YGtapSMvQl

Whether true or not I think this means there is about a 1% chance DT signs with the Broncos by Wednesday.
    sigpic

Broncos-Cowboys being investigated for collusion

Story on possible collusion between Cowboys and Broncos:
    NFLPA is reviewing information to determine whether there was collusion between the Denver Broncos and Dallas Cowboys on the unsettled contractual situations of franchise WRS Demaryius Thomas and Dez Bryant, per an NFLPA official. The NFLPA believes the Broncos and Cowboys had contact about each players’ contract when the collective bargaining agreement prohibits such contact. The NFLPA now is trying to determine if collusion did occur and when to possibly file a claim. The deadline for the WRs to sign long-term deals is Wednesday of next week.

Per Schefter
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

This so me sounds like the NFLPA getting pissed its players arent getting megabucks and throwing a tantrum.

IN todays NFL the money goes to the O line, QB, D line, CB.

Teams spending money on Calvin johnson type contracts arent relevant.

Comment

The hypocrisy here is the players, through their agents, are probably doing the same thing to both teams... DT is looking slimier by the day.

From "money does not make me" to wanting Megatron money and accusing the Broncos of collusion... SMH.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
          The hypocrisy here is the players, through their agents, are probably doing the same thing to both teams... DT is looking slimier by the day.

From "money does not make me" to wanting Megatron money and accusing the Broncos of collusion... SMH.
          Exactly. Guarantee this happens in 100% of negotiations by both the players/agents and their respective teams. Would be shocked if anything comes from it.

Comment

So no evidence that DT has a part, but sure slimier.

Money doesn't make him, but he is trying get a deal he feel he's earned. Some fans are quick to bite the hand that feeds them smh.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post

Money doesn't make him, but he is trying get a deal he feel he's earned. Some fans are quick to bite the hand that feeds them smh.
              DT's hands feed me?!?!?! Why is he feeding me instead of signing my Jersey with his hand!??!
              sigpic

Comment

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/stat...17696498458624

The Denver/Dallas accusation lodged with the NFLPA, coming from players' reps, is the teams worked together to fix prices on tagged WRs.
                The agent acts on behalf of...?
                sigpic

Comment

Oh Goody...
                  [sigpic

Comment

This is not the smack section please keep smack talk where it belongs.
                    sigpic
                    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

So if Dez's agent says he smells tampering, and communicate that he's calling it in, but it's DTs fault? The agent also could be doing this of his own accord. You know agents make more money if players make more money. Give me one shred of evidence that says DT specifically told his agent to do this?

Comment

So if Dez's agent says he smells tampering, and communicate that he's calling it in, but it's DTs fault? The agent also could be doing this of his own accord. You know agents make more money if players make more money. Give me one shred of evidence that says DT specifically told his agent to do this?
                        There is a difference between "Bryant's reps" and "players' reps".

If DT fires his agent (like Dumervil did after the fax blunder) then we will know he is not behind this.
                        sigpic

Comment

There is a difference between "Bryant's reps" and "players' reps".

If DT fires his agent (like Dumervil did after the fax blunder) then we will know he is not behind this.
                          If indeed Bryant's agent was the one who suggested it, it would still be both agents. It would look worse if one agent went in, and the other didnt. You throwing all this unwarranted blame on DT is wrong.

Comment

could be a plot by agents to get higher numbers or could be true just will have to wait and see. But it seems it is hard to prove collusion, seems similar to NFL tampering... every team does it and gets a slap on the wrist if they slip up to the media.It seems illogical to think teams never discuss contracts with other teams to try and get a better deal.
                            sigpic
                            "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

How would the agents know what either team is offering the other unless they have been discussing it together?

Is that legal or ethical on their parts? Or just the teams are held to this standard.

Comment

Working...
                              X