Broncos-Cowboys being investigated for collusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5558/dez-bryant

PFT's Mike Florio reports the collusion evidence between the Cowboys-Broncos and their unsigned franchise players Dez Bryant and Demaryius Thomas stems from a conversation between Bryant and Cowboys VP Stephen Jones.

Per Florio's source, Jones explained to Bryant that the Calvin Johnson contract -- which contains the benchmark $48 million guaranteed Bryant and Thomas are said to be seeking -- has no relevance because it was signed before the rookie-wage scale. Jones reportedly then told Bryant that Jones spoke with Broncos GM John Elway about the situation. Hence the evidence of collusion. Jones will undoubtedly deny the allegations when they'll then likely be swept under the rug.

Jul 13 - 7:59 PM
    "Spoke about the situation" can mean a lot of things. Elway talking to Jerry Jones and stating an opinion, agreeing that Cavin Johnson's contract has no relevance to present negotiations, is hardly any evidence of collusion.
    sigpic

Comment

watch both of them hit the market.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
        watch both of them hit the market.
        I think Dez gets signed and we end up letting DT go...which if he wants 16mil+...then it's the right move...as much as I love DT...he's not worth $16mil/yr....$13mil is the most I'd go....sucks that they have to be this greedy but it's professional sports
        Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 07-14-2015, 12:23 PM.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13...ong-term-deals

According to a source, Cowboys executive vice president/COO Stephen Jones told Bryant during a recent conversation that he'd had a conversation with Broncos GM John Elway about the negotiations, which the union believes would constitute a violation of the CBA's anti-collusion rules.
          Same info already posted from another source.

1. Who knows what was said. If Elway and Jones were just talking about Megatron's deal then it is a super grey area and who knows where it will fall.

2. Whats up with the Cowboys admitting this to a player in the first place...WHAT IDIOTS!!
          Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
            I think Dez gets signed and we end up letting DT go.
            Honestly I think Dez and Julio deserve more money then DT. I think DT is top 5 maybe top 7 WR but Dez, Julio, Megatron and Antonio Brown right now are all above DT. Julio and Dez obviously....I think AB's mental determination puts him above DT's better skillset.
            Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Same info already posted from another source.

1. Who knows what was said. If Elway and Jones were just talking about Megatron's deal then it is a super grey area and who knows where it will fall.

2. Whats up with the Cowboys admitting this to a player in the first place...WHAT IDIOTS!!
              The NFLPA is overreaching on this. Accusing the teams of collusion is one thing, proving it per the legal definition is something entirely different.

Two teams discussing a similar contract situation, perhaps frowned upon, is not in itself collusion. The question is where was the intent to defraud the player's and/or the NFL or NFLPA by willfully conspiring or simply mutually agreeing to offer low contracts?

There is so much wiggle room there, they'd be hard pressed to prove it. The NFLPA is trying to flex is muscles and interject themselves into what should be negotiations between the players and the teams.

Someone needs to whack-a-mole them back down.

Comment

ESPN is actually reporting that the player union is threatening to file collusion charges if we don't sign the players to a long term deal by the deadline.

So basically, we've now gone from negotiations to blackmail. How are people still defending these guys?... I love DT and Dez is also a great player, but this is a scumbag move...

If either Thomas or Bryant doesn't sign by Wednesday's deadline, the union would proceed with the claim and believes that a success would result in treble damages, entitling the player or players in question to triple the value of the highest current wide receiver contract on the market. Calvin Johnson of the Detroit Lions, at roughly $16.2 million per year, is the NFL's highest-paid wide receiver.
                So basically, sign them to a deal or risk paying $48.6mil for one season of play...Shady, shady, shady...
                Last edited by Freyaka; 07-14-2015, 11:15 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

As I posted in the other thread.....yup its all bully tactics. If something was really wrong you would think the NFLPA would have put their papers in right away not apply pressure and offer to make it all go away if the players are signed on their terms.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                    Honestly I think Dez and Julio deserve more money then DT. I think DT is top 5 maybe top 7 WR but Dez, Julio, Megatron and Antonio Brown right now are all above DT. Julio and Dez obviously....I think AB's mental determination puts him above DT's better skillset.
                    I don't get why people think Dez is better than DT...it's close and you can argue for Dez sure...but the way it seems so many rule in his favor is unwarranted imo...DT is bigger, faster, stronger...but Dez does have his edges too, like better hands

Julio, I'd put above both before his foot but idk now...and Antonio Brown...I can't believe he's as good as he is but he is...I'd still take DT over him...

Odell-Beckham > all though lol...that dude is insane

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                      I don't get why people think Dez is better than DT...it's close and you can argue for Dez sure...but the way it seems so many rule in his favor is unwarranted imo...DT is bigger, faster, stronger...but Dez does have his edges too, like better hands

Julio, I'd put above both before his foot but idk now...and Antonio Brown...I can't believe he's as good as he is but he is...I'd still take DT over him...

Odell-Beckham > all though lol...that dude is insane
                      I think I would give Dez the edge over DT simply because of who is throwing to each of them. The fact that Dez keeps up with DT despite having Romo as a QB instead of Manning is what in my mind gives him the edge.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X