Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dt locked up!!!

Adam Schefter–Verified account*‏@AdamSchefter

Denver and Demaryius Thomas reach agreement on matching 5-year, $70 million deal that includes $43.5M GTD, per source.
    sigpic

Good for them. Hopefully it's structured in a way that won't make it hard on them later.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

DT locked up while his mom's sentence is commuted... go figure

Comment

Hooooray!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

I'm interested to find out the REAL contract. When they flash the initial contract figures, they rarely come out that way.
          I am going to assume it will be fairly Bronco Organization freindly for the 2015 season since Peyton is sticking around.

Comment

Awesome, great contract for both sides

Comment

Glad the deal got done ... I figured it would be a 5 year deal worth 70M+, an average of 14M per year is likely fair to both sides. My guess is by 2017 this deal will not look as "huge" as it looks right now. From what I understand 35M is FULLY guaranteed.
              Bryant, Calvin Johnson, Antonio Brown and A.J. Green have all dominated defenses, but only Thomas can boast of 250 receptions, 4,000 yards and 30-plus touchdowns over the past three seasons. He has earned it!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                I'm interested to find out the REAL contract. When they flash the initial contract figures, they rarely come out that way.
                I am going to assume it will be fairly Bronco Organization freindly for the 2015 season since Peyton is sticking around.
                Mike Klis already has the deets. That was fast.

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzlyB View Post

The details of Thomas' five-year contract:

2015: $22 million. He will receive an $11 million signing bonus, $6.5 million in roster bonus and a $4.5 million salary. All $22 million is fully guaranteed.

2016: $13 million salary, fully guaranteed.

2017: $8.5 million salary, guaranteed against injury. The full salary becomes fully guaranteed early in the league year.

2018: $12.5 million. It includes a $4 million option, plus an $8.5 million salary. None of this money is guaranteed.

2019: $14 million salary, not guaranteed.

There are no incentives, no escalators. It's a straight five-year, $70 million deal.

to think... what we could do with that money

Comment

Looks like DT and CHJ are long term Broncos. Say hello to the faces of your franchise (not named Manning)

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                      DT locked up while his mom's sentence is commuted... go figure
                      That's the 1st thing I thought when I saw the thread title
                      "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                      PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                      LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post

2015: $22 million. He will receive an $11 million signing bonus, $6.5 million in roster bonus and a $4.5 million salary. All $22 million is fully guaranteed.

2017: $8.5 million salary, guaranteed against injury. The full salary becomes fully guaranteed early in the league year.

2018: $12.5 million. It includes a $4 million option, plus an $8.5 million salary. None of this money is guaranteed.

There are no incentives, no escalators. It's a straight five-year, $70 million deal.
                        As I read this, only 3-years are guaranteed leaving us with the ability to jettison him for lack of performance or a better alternative. I think this is a great deal for both sides. If DT fails to live up to expectations over 3 years he misses out on a lot of money-- yet he is compensated for his past years of achievement. I like this deal.
                        sigpic

Comment

Great work by the FO and DT to get it done.

That contract is pretty team friendly too, pay the most up front in the 1st year so we have more to re-sign Von. Should Peyton retire, there should be no problem.

That's that, lets get ready for the season!!!
                          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                            As I read this, only 3-years are guaranteed leaving us with the ability to jettison him for lack of performance or a better alternative. I think this is a great deal for both sides. If DT fails to live up to expectations over 3 years he misses out on a lot of money-- yet he is compensated for his past years of achievement. I like this deal.
                            Me too, looks like it works best for both sides.
                            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                            sigpic

Comment

The signing bonus is likely spread out over the 5 years which will equal 2.2 per year in cap money. That means as far as cap money in 2015 it would be about 13.2M?? ... and maybe not?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X