Demaryius Thomas Cuts His Weight Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demaryius Thomas Cuts His Weight Down

Thomas is at 220 lbs rather than more along the 230 he's been playing at...I'm a fan, should make him even more explosive

"Demaryius Thomas cut weight this offseason and is down to 222 pounds.
    Thomas' 2010 Combine weigh-in was 224, and he says he usually plays in the 228-229 range. "I'm fit," said Demaryius, who "held out" for all of OTAs and minicamp. "I think I'm a little faster. I think I'll play at a smaller weight this year, see how it goes." Not yet 28 years old, Thomas enters 2015 having finished as a top-five fantasy wideout in three consecutive seasons."

Also impressed at the work ethic to not be going the other direction

DT has the same weight as i do at 220 LBS!!!!

But....I'm a little shorter than DT's 6'3".

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
      DT has the same weight as i do at 220 LBS!!!!

But....I'm a little shorter than DT's 6'3".

Perhaps your a touch slower than DT too JohnT.Not too late to go down and try to make the 53 man squad mate.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
        Perhaps your a touch slower than DT too JohnT.Not too late to go down and try to make the 53 man squad mate.
        More explosion....adding another dimension. Uh ohhhhhhh
        Dr. Giggles

Comment

Its not like he was using his body to shield defenders from the ball.

MAYBE it will make his first step .10 of a second quicker, which will be murder on DBs.

I'm glad we got DT nailed down. It can be frustrating to watch someone built like Tarzan play like Deion Branch. Here's hoping the -10 lbs gives him all of the confidence he needs.
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

MAYBE it will make his first step .10 of a second quicker, which will be murder on DBs.

I'm glad we got DT nailed down. It can be frustrating to watch someone built like Tarzan play like Deion Branch. Here's hoping the -10 lbs gives him all of the confidence he needs.
            I think that has to do with either a fear of injury, or the manning influence. I think manning has a lot to do with his somewhat finesse attitude on the field

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              I think that has to do with either a fear of injury, or the manning influence. I think manning has a lot to do with his somewhat finesse attitude on the field
              I like this statement. It is true, and not discussed often......finesse offensive style. Kudos.
              Dr. Giggles

Comment

What exactly is a "finesse offensive style?" I haven't come across that in any play books or in any theory either.

I know Walsh'a 49ers were often accused of being finesse though they actually ran their version of West Coast offense and ran it very successfully with three Super Bowl wins in 81, 84, and 88.

So far with Manning we've run his spread offense which lie WCO places a greater emphasis on passing but isn't accepted. In that time we've won out division three straight years (losing only one game) and have been to the Super Bowl once.

In the Super Bowl Thomas played with an injured shoulder in a game that was essentially already lost, but he still played hard.

It would seem that the idea of finesse might be misplaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                  What exactly is a "finesse offensive style?" I haven't come across that in any play books or in any theory either.

I know Walsh'a 49ers were often accused of being finesse though they actually ran their version of West Coast offense and ran it very successfully with three Super Bowl wins in 81, 84, and 88.

So far with Manning we've run his spread offense which lie WCO places a greater emphasis on passing but isn't accepted. In that time we've won out division three straight years (losing only one game) and have been to the Super Bowl once.

In the Super Bowl Thomas played with an injured shoulder in a game that was essentially already lost, but he still played hard.

It would seem that the idea of finesse might be misplaced.
                  something other than this

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

Haha who the heck is Deion branch lol

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                      something other than this

Y.A. Tittle has more passing yards than Troy Aikman, Ken Anderson, Kurt Warner, Sonny Jurgenson and John Brodie; more TDs than Len Dawson, Jim Kelly, Donovan McNabb, Steve Young and Terry Bradshaw; as high a YPA as Joe Montana and higher than Tom Brady, Jim Kelly, Ken Stabler, Joe Namath, Dan Marino and Sammy Baugh.

Is that finesse enough for you?
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        Y.A. Tittle has more passing yards than Troy Aikman, Ken Anderson, Kurt Warner, Sonny Jurgenson and John Brodie; more TDs than Len Dawson, Jim Kelly, Donovan McNabb, Steve Young and Terry Bradshaw; as high a YPA as Joe Montana and higher than Tom Brady, Jim Kelly, Ken Stabler, Joe Namath, Dan Marino and Sammy Baugh.

Is that finesse enough for you?
                        And he played when there were basically zero rules on hitting. If u were on the field, u better be ready to get hit by somebody or something!

It's funny that's he's almost never mentioned in the "greatest QB of all-time" conversations". Neither by fans or media. But he was a bad, bad, man slinging that pigskin around
                        #swapping

Comment

" I watched some games that I played and there were some where I took a play or two off and missed a couple of blocks. I think that if I do those little things it will make everybody around me better and make me a better player. That’s my main focus right now. Not having drops and to not take any plays off. If I have to take a play off, I should just get out.”

Can't ask for much more than that. One of the biggest issues people have with him is he seems to take plays off,has drops, and misses some blocks. Well, he just addressed all of those issues. Add to that he cut weight to try to be faster and it's looking like an exciting season to watch DT.

Nice to see he can own up to things he knows he can improve on. Props to DT.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMoth View Post
                            " I watched some games that I played and there were some where I took a play or two off and missed a couple of blocks. I think that if I do those little things it will make everybody around me better and make me a better player. That’s my main focus right now. Not having drops and to not take any plays off. If I have to take a play off, I should just get out.”

Can't ask for much more than that. One of the biggest issues people have with him is he seems to take plays off,has drops, and misses some blocks. Well, he just addressed all of those issues. Add to that he cut weight to try to be faster and it's looking like an exciting season to watch DT.

Nice to see he can own up to things he knows he can improve on. Props to DT.
                            I also liked the fact that he said he wanted to be more of a leader and help change the mindset of the team...in response to saying some member's didn't want to play in NE last year for the AFCCG.

In so many words, he was not OK with that attitude at all.
                            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I have to say watching a player develop is one of my favorite aspects of professional sports.

DT was pretty raw coming out of college. Talented, but raw.

It didn't take him long to develop into a premier WR.

Now he's beginning to take on some real leadership qualities. That's huge!

From a raw rookie to a premier team leader. Can't ask for much more than that.

Comment

Working...
                              X