Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Denver Broncos training camp preview

Jeff Legwold

Previewing training camp for the Denver Broncos, who have a new coach and a mostly new offensive line as they try for one more run to the Super Bowl.

..........Mend the fences: The Broncos have earned a reputation as a hard-line team in negotiations -- in their own locker room. The sometimes-plodding offseason talks with wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, a team captain and three-time Pro Bowl selection who is among the elite at his position, only reinforced that the team doesn’t always want to keep its owns players if it means inking the kinds of deals they have given to free agents. Of the team's top 10 multiyear contracts in terms of total value, only three -- Clady, Thomas and Chris Harris Jr. -- are second contracts given to homegrown Broncos. Given the number of free agents the team has let walk in the last two years, it is something the Broncos might have to address with team leaders moving forward.
    Dr. Giggles

This drives me nutts. Why are we hard line? Because we didn't wanna pay soft as toilet paper JT or can't pass block to save his life Zane Beadles.....really?
    Dr. Giggles

Comment

^true that

Also though...WHY IS ANDRE CALDWELL PROJECTED TO MAKE IT IF HE TAKES ANYONES SPOT I'M GONNA JUST BE FLABBERGASTED....HE SUCKS SO BAD

Comment

Denver re-signed Clady, Bruton, D. Thomas, Green, Johnson, Brewer, Garland, Marshall and Harris.

They let Moreno, Ayers, Decker, Walton, Beadles, Carter, Irving, Franklin, Knighton, Unrein, Smith, Cornick, Tamme, Welker and Moore go during the past two years.

Of the twenty-nine guys they've drafted since 2012, they still have twenty-five.

They kept seven of the UDFAs they signed last year (Thompson, Burse, Bibbs, Fowler, Barrett, Davis, Anunike), and signed eleven low/medium profile veteran free agents this year. They signed some other miscellaneous guys (e.g. Duncan, Schmitz, Jones, Marsh, Vaughn, Palmer, Rivers)

The new coaching staff will influence future personnel decisions, and much will change when Manning retires and the salary cap goes up due to increased revenue. I'm not an armchair GM, but it looks to me like Elway has accomplished a lot with a limited budget.
        Last edited by samparnell; 07-24-2015, 04:52 PM. Reason: spelling
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
        X