Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antonio Smith Not Getting Charged

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Antonio Smith Not Getting Charged

    Per Mike Klis on Twitter and PFT:

    "The Fort Bend County Sheriff's Department has decided not to file charges against Broncos DE Antonio Smith."

    Smith was under investigation for some creepy alleged "sexual in nature" child abuse in May. The police department has apparently concluded its investigation, and Smith will report to Broncos camp this week. The versatile 33-year-old will likely play a big role while DE Derek Wolfe is suspended the first four weeks.


    AMAZING NEWS!! Be a great fill in for Derek Wolfe for the first 4 games
    sigpic

  • #2
    Let's just hope the investigation ended because he's innocent and not just because there isn't enough evidence.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by broncolee View Post
      Let's just hope the investigation ended because he's innocent and not just because there isn't enough evidence.
      Texas police love media attention ( remember Talib's fiasco), I doubt that there is anything, some girl wants a payday just like the case of chris anderson the birdman, that sexual rape charges ruined his carrier with the nuggets.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by multimoussa View Post
        Texas police love media attention ( remember Talib's fiasco), I doubt that there is anything, some girl wants a payday just like the case of chris anderson the birdman, that sexual rape charges ruined his carrier with the nuggets.
        Find me one damn story or article that indicates that the child or mother of the child filed this case in order to secure a payday.

        We all understand that no charges will be filed after the child abuse investigation for whatever reason, but your statement is completely out of line.

        Saying that some girl wants a payday when you have ZERO information to make that claim is totally off base and irresponsible.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

        Comment


        • #5
          If it was legitimate, he would be locked up by now, that is enough for me to assume what happened.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by multimoussa View Post
            If it was legitimate, he would be locked up by now, that is enough for me to assume what happened.
            While there is really no need to adopt a holier-than-thou attitude about what your initial comment was, I have to agree with BL.

            What you believe to be true and what are true are not necessarily one and the same. There is no reason to jump to the conclusion that there is a money hungry female predator involved in the story. All that does is to demean her without having any facts. Ironically, this is the same thing you essentially find fault with Texas law enforcement.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by multimoussa View Post
              If it was legitimate, he would be locked up by now, that is enough for me to assume what happened.
              What do you assume happened. People who may be guilty have charges dropped all the time for a variety of reasons.

              This child reported to her mother allegations of child abuse of a sexual nature. Whether the department of family services or the investigative branch felt they could pursue charges or not does in no way indicate that this mother told the police or child protective services in order to secure a payday which was your contention.

              Ray Rice was guilty, is he in prison? Adrian Peterson was guilty, is he in prison? Greg Hardy had a bench trial and was found guilty, is he in prison? Your statement that if it were legitimate he would be in prison is ludicrous.

              We have no idea why charges were not brought forth. Could be the fact that the child didn't remember. Could be that the incident didn't arise to the level of child abuse, could be a million reasons. It still doesn't mean that the mother did this for a pay day.

              You can ASSUME all you want, doesn't mean you know anything; the least of which was that this was some girl looking for a pay day.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

              Comment


              • #8
                Will we ever have the facts to judge?? if there is a slight doubt about his situation and if he did what that girls claims he did then I am sorry but why are the Broncos allowing him to come back, I hope he is innocent, and you guys are right assuming is premature of me. I guess we have to wait and see.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Glad to hear he is cleared and can resume activities with the Broncos. We can use him at DE especially considering Wolfe's suspension. I think he seems to be more of a pass rusher than a run stopper so he doesn't necessarily give us the same strength that Wolfe gives us, it would obviously be better if his rotation gave us a boost in the pass rush. His experience should be very helpful to have in camp/preseason for the younger players as well.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Good. One less off season distraction. I'm not going to pretend to know what really took place, but these things are painful for everyone involved. I hope all is well with everyone involved.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by IHaveBRONC-itus View Post
                      Per Mike Klis on Twitter and PFT:

                      "The Fort Bend County Sheriff's Department has decided not to file charges against Broncos DE Antonio Smith."

                      Smith was under investigation for some creepy alleged "sexual in nature" child abuse in May. The police department has apparently concluded its investigation, and Smith will report to Broncos camp this week. The versatile 33-year-old will likely play a big role while DE Derek Wolfe is suspended the first four weeks.


                      AMAZING NEWS!! Be a great fill in for Derek Wolfe for the first 4 games
                      Are you sure Klis provided that exact quote, and that's not a paraphrasing from elsewhere? The closest Klis quote I saw on Twitter read, "With no charges filed against Antonio Smith, veteran DE will return to Broncos for training camp. #9News" Which, while similar, doesn't imply that the Sheriff's office and/or DA has necessarily decided anything one way or the other.

                      Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                      Glad to hear he is cleared and can resume activities with the Broncos. We can use him at DE especially considering Wolfe's suspension. I think he seems to be more of a pass rusher than a run stopper so he doesn't necessarily give us the same strength that Wolfe gives us, it would obviously be better if his rotation gave us a boost in the pass rush. His experience should be very helpful to have in camp/preseason for the younger players as well.
                      Very true, but having options is never a bad thing. For instance, we could now start Smith at RDE and switch Malik over to Wolfe's side (although I think the likeliest thing is just starting Vance Walker in Wolfe's place).

                      And that's another thing that sucks about all of this: coming in here, Antonio Smith had a reputation as a savvy veteran leader willing to take younger guys under his wing. Now, even if the charges are 100% unsubstantiated (which, unfortunately, is probably unlikely), that stigma may follow him into the locker room.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I hope this whole story is not true. There is no place on this earth for someone who would take advantage of a child's trust.
                        sigpic
                        Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                        2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                        2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I was just listening to Elway and he said nothing has changed with Smith's case. Smith will rejoin the Broncos for training camp but if the DA in Texas decides to bring charges against Smith, then Smith will be gone. If they drop the case than Smith will stay and obviously play.
                          sigpic
                          Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                          2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                          2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GrizzlyB View Post
                            Are you sure Klis provided that exact quote, and that's not a paraphrasing from elsewhere? The closest Klis quote I saw on Twitter read, "With no charges filed against Antonio Smith, veteran DE will return to Broncos for training camp. #9News" Which, while similar, doesn't imply that the Sheriff's office and/or DA has necessarily decided anything one way or the other.



                            Very true, but having options is never a bad thing. For instance, we could now start Smith at RDE and switch Malik over to Wolfe's side (although I think the likeliest thing is just starting Vance Walker in Wolfe's place).

                            And that's another thing that sucks about all of this: coming in here, Antonio Smith had a reputation as a savvy veteran leader willing to take younger guys under his wing. Now, even if the charges are 100% unsubstantiated (which, unfortunately, is probably unlikely), that stigma may follow him into the locker room.
                            Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                            I was just listening to Elway and he said nothing has changed with Smith's case. Smith will rejoin the Broncos for training camp but if the DA in Texas decides to bring charges against Smith, then Smith will be gone. If they drop the case than Smith will stay and obviously play.
                            Yup, you are correct.

                            KUSA—With Antonio Smith still under investigation on a complaint of sexual child abuse but no charges filed, the Broncos have decided to allow their veteran defensive end to rejoin their team.

                            Smith, 33, had been dismissed from the team's offseason workout program after the Broncos learned he was under investigation for child abuse that was "sexual in nature." But with the complaint delivered eight months ago and still no charges field, Smith will report for the start of the Broncos' training camp Thursday and begin easing his way into playing shape when the team holds its first practice Friday.

                            "The complaint is still under investigation and no determination has been made to formally charge Mr. Smith at this time," Healey said in a statement to 9News this week.
                            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              BL115, You know more about this than most. Is this common for this to take this long without any charges being filed? I would think that if these were a possibility that they would want to get charges filed and get this guy behind bars.

                              Do these cases always take this long?
                              sigpic
                              Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                              2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                              2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X