Broncos still Super Bowl contenders, even if it'll look a little different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos still Super Bowl contenders, even if it'll look a little different

-Broncos still Super Bowl contenders, even if it'll look a little different-

"Welcome to training camp of the contender that everyone has forgotten about.

Pick up a magazine or find an early Internet preview and let me know if any picked the Denver Broncos to win the Super Bowl. I haven't seen one yet.

"We're here to win a championship," said Broncos coach Gary Kubiak, who got the job because John Fox won four straight AFC West titles but no Super Bowl titles. "That's our goal as a football team."

That's training camp talk. Roughly 32 teams will say that if pressed. About 15 or so should realistically think they're telling the truth. Maybe six or seven have a good reason to be angry if it doesn't come true.

The Broncos haven't dropped out of that group of six or seven. They're still a legitimate Super Bowl contender. They'll just chase that goal with a much different approach." ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...224424031.html

I'm glad we are being over looked and people are focusing on Indy, Pittsburgh, and New England. I doubt we get any mention until we face and beat Green Bay, Indy, and New England.
    sigpic

Comment

Since the Elway era, we've always done better as an underdog so this lack of mention if fine with me
      "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
      PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
      LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
        I'm glad we are being over looked and people are focusing on Indy, Pittsburgh, and New England. I doubt we get any mention until we face and beat Green Bay, Indy, and New England.
        Our own fanbase is overlooking us...I've seen several posts saying we have no chance what so ever. Some of the people posting this you just basically expect this from as they are just generally all around negative nellies, but it's being said regardless. I would actually go so far as to say we have a better shot at winning it all this year than we have since Manning got here. We finally have a competent coach, a solid D, a great run game. The only question mark is the line and I think we'll learn within the next 3 weeks that we don't need to worry about the line either.

The team Manning has around him this year has a real 98 Broncos feel to it. Sure CJ is no TD, but he's still solid, we have great WR's/TE's and our defense will most likely be in the top half of the league. There is plenty to be optimistic about this season.
        sigpic

Comment

Denver has won the division the past four years. You don't decision the champ. The Broncos are going for five in a row. Winning the division is the first step to a championship. The challenges every year are different. The parts of Kubiak's plan that he has revealed show emphasis on achieving long term goals.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I think people are underestimating our Defense mostly. With the talent we have we should be top 5 on both sides of the ball..........a true contender.

Comment

Elway said he wants us kicking and screaming on all three sides of the ball. Have we done anything with our special teams coach? Anyone know. That part of our game has always seemed to be lacking and drives me crazy. I'd love to see our special teams play be, well, special.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                I think people are underestimating our Defense mostly. With the talent we have we should be top 5 on both sides of the ball..........a true contender.
                Exactly. If you have a top D that can keep points off the board, your offense doesn't need to be out of this world. I think it will be a top 5 offense, but it doesn't need to be. I really feel good this season.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X