X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubiak Hoping History Repeats itself with Elway, Manning

http://news.yahoo.com/kubiak-hoping-...0338--spt.html

My favorite quote from the article.
    Elway said Kubiak and Manning will mesh just fine because "that running game will be Peyton's best friend" just as it was Elway's when Terrell Davis was in the backfield.

"Obviously, it's going to be a little bit of an adjustment but you've got two, smart, bright offensive football minds that are competitive and wanting to win," Elway said.

The Broncos brought in free agent tackle Jake Long for a visit Thursday but decided against signing him, meaning they'll head into camp with one of the league's youngest O-lines.

"Youth is always a little bit scary because you never know how fast they're going to come along," Elway said, "but I think the one thing that I feel good about the group is the mentality that they have: they're bright, they're smart, they're tough, they want to be good."
    sigpic

I think our line will be fine. The scheme is player-friendly and all should be able to pick it up. Kubiak Dennison and Barone are great coaches. Can't wait.
    Last edited by Houshmazode; 07-31-2015, 09:18 PM.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

Terrell Davis isn't on the roster and he ran behind a veteran offensive line.

We'll see though. Hopefully the running game is good enough, even if it isn't awesome.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

We'll see though. Hopefully the running game is good enough, even if it isn't awesome.
        Yes, but CJ Anderson isn't too shabby himself and he ran behind a horribly poor line last year. Our line should be 100 times better against the run next year, it's our pass blocking that scares me.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

TD
          1996 Denver Broncos 16 1,538
          1995 Denver Broncos 14 1,117
          CJ
          2014 Denver Broncos 15 849
          2013 Denver Broncos 5 38

I see Cj's true rookie season as 2014. Im thinking CJ would have had similar numbers to TD in 96(behind a worse line) if he was the teams full time starter from week 1

Anything North for 1250 would take some of the load away from manning
          Last edited by rst08tierney; 08-01-2015, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
            TD
            1996 Denver Broncos 16 1,538
            1995 Denver Broncos 14 1,117
            CJ
            2014 Denver Broncos 15 849
            2013 Denver Broncos 5 38

I see Cj's true rookie season as 2014. Im thinking CJ would have had similar numbers to TD in 96(behind a worse line) if he was the teams full time starter from week 1

Anything North for 1250 would take some of the load away from manning
            If C.J. Anderson gets 65% of the rushing attempts and has 4.5 ypa, that should produce about 1300 yards.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
            X