Broncos training camp: Manning shines, Malik hobbled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos training camp: Manning shines, Malik hobbled

KUSA - And on the first day of training camp, Peyton Manning moved well and passed accurately.

What else you want to know from the Denver Broncos' first official practice of the 2015 season?

Despite operating on 39-year-old legs, Manning rolled right on a Gary Kubiak-style bootleg play and completed a short pass in traffic during an 11-on-11 team period.

“It's great to work with those guys because it's so challenging. They're so smart. They want all the answers.”
    Gary Kubiak
    His best pass came while pass rusher Von Miller pulled up to the area where Manning couldn't step into his throw. He still hit Emmanuel Sanders in stride on an intermediate crossing route.

"That was a perfect throw by Peyton," Sanders said. "That's signature Peyton and hopefully that's all year long.".......
    http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nf...fans/30947353/

Great, slow- bones Manning running a bootleg. More grey hair this season. I hope Os stay warm on the sidelines.

Seriously though, I'm both excited and apprehensive.

I'm excited that Manning has taken to this new offense and not been a prima donna about it. Like Elway said yesterday how the run game became his best friend late in his career, he expects it to be Peyton's BFF in the twilight of his career, allowing it to make plays while taking pressure off him.

I'm apprehensive because Miller couldn't hit him. Can he still make that pay in traffic when the bullets are live?

Manning running a bootleg?... shudder...

Did he have to ask the refs for a head start?

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
      Great, slow- bones Manning running a bootleg. More grey hair this season. I hope Os stay warm on the sidelines.

I'm excited that Manning has taken to this new offense and not been a prima donna about it. Like Elway said yesterday how the run game became his best friend late in his career, he expects it to be Peyton's BFF in the twilight of his career, allowing it to make plays while taking pressure off him.

I'm apprehensive because Miller couldn't hit him. Can he still make that pay in traffic when the bullets are live?

The good news is that not many teams have a Von Miller rushing off the edge. Could have been a screwup in protection, it's the first day, they'll get it ironed out...it's just a matter of whether 4 of the 5 upfront are good enough to do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post

One of the plays in Gibbs' Zone Series is Boot. It's the QB's course after the meshpoint of each Zone Series handoff. Occasionally, the QB will fake at the meshpoint and keep. Manning will never run when that happens because it will be PAP.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Denver's success all comes down to the OL.

I've complete faith in a healthy Pm and cj/ball running the to k. The D looks pretty good too and hopefully Latimer breaks out at receiver.

The OL is by far the biggest concern. We need the system to really help them out and balance between run and pass is crucial.

If we fall behind and go pass happy we're get killed

Comment

They will stay balanced in play calling and if we do get behind remember Manning lets go of the ball very fast. I am sure the line will have to improve, but nothing could be worse than what happened with the line being shuffled all over last year, no cohesion and no certainty what the guy next to you is going to do. Hopefully they will improve each week.

Comment

Working...
            X