Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von out of the league's drug program

http://www.9news.com/story/sports/20...ncos/31005297/

Sorry for the lack of formatting but on mobile right now. Great news for him and us but the contract just got more expensive lol
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

I was literally just going to post this. Good thing I double-checked! Here was my initial comment:

I tend to think that, even if Von was still on the precipice of a yearlong suspension, we wouldn't have any hope of re-signing him at a discount, so this is 100% good news as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzlyB View Post
      I was literally just going to post this. Good thing I double-checked! Here was my initial comment:

I tend to think that, even if Von was still on the precipice of a yearlong suspension, we wouldn't have any hope of re-signing him at a discount, so this is 100% good news as far as I'm concerned.
      True but now I doubt they can work in any clauses to the contract but if he stays clean its nothing to worry about either
      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Mixed feelings on this. I say congratulations to him for earning it, but just hope that he doesn't look at it as any kind of opportunity to have some fun.

We're all only human.

The only person that can get in Von's way is Von. Not many players you can say that about.
        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
          Mixed feelings on this. I say congratulations to him for earning it, but just hope that he doesn't look at it as any kind of opportunity to have some fun.

We're all only human.

The only person that can get in Von's way is Von. Not many players you can say that about.
          Now that he's out of the program he will only stop smoking pot during the time when everyone is subject to testing.

The question is, what happens when Texas pulls him over and catches him in possession?
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Good for him. He seems to have grown up a bit. I think the leadership of DeMarcus Ware has had a huge impact on him. Keep it up Von. :thumb:
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post

We're all only human.

My thoughts exactly

He should stay clean until he gets his new contract. I hope there is wording in it to protect them team if he strays again. Otherwise after he signs his contract is when I truly fear he will "have some fun"
              Last edited by Hadez; 08-02-2015, 11:05 AM.
              Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                Now that he's out of the program he will only stop smoking pot during the time when everyone is subject to testing.

The question is, what happens when Texas pulls him over and catches him in possession?
                Or maybe he's actually learned from his experience and has matured from it. Maybe he's put it behind him and he will be a dominant defender for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                  Or maybe he's actually learned from his experience and has matured from it. Maybe he's put it behind him and he will be a dominant defender for years to come.
                  If you mean that maybe he's learned how to not get caught, maybe you're right. If you mean that maybe he's learned to stop smoking marijuana, you're probably wrong.
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                    When I look at Von I do not see the type of player who is dedicated and loves football. I see a guy who is enjoying life. A guy who lives like most of us would live.

Problem is the NFL is much more strict on its employees then the rules most of us live by.

I do not see a Ricky Williams either so I do have hope in Von....just very cautious hope.
                    Let's Ride!

Comment

Time will tell, I suppose.

Comment

If you mean that maybe he's learned how to not get caught, maybe you're right. If you mean that maybe he's learned to stop smoking marijuana, you're probably wrong.
                        Just a tad cynical, wouldn't you say?

A lot of people move on from smoking marijuana for a lot of reasons. Especially as they get older, lifestyle changes such as a partner that doesn't smoke or kids enter the picture or get a job that drug tests.

I am going to choose to believe that Von matured and realized the ramifications of his actions. For himself, his family and his teammates. Until proven otherwise I agree with you... only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                          When I look at Von I do not see the type of player who is dedicated and loves football. I see a guy who is enjoying life. A guy who lives like most of us would live.

Problem is the NFL is much more strict on its employees then the rules most of us live by.

I do not see a Ricky Williams either so I do have hope in Von....just very cautious hope.
                          Much more strict? You kidding? They test positive for a banned substance once it gets brushed under the rug and they're just tested more often... I test positive for a banned substance once I'm in the unemployment line...

I miss work because I got arrested for a violent offense, I'm fired, not suspended for four days... I wouldn't say they're more strict at all, I'd say they're frankly rather forgiving employers.
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                          Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

I hope people judge you as harshly as you are judging him right now if you ever make a mistake in life...People can learn and change. I normally find myself agreeing with you, but in this instance get off your high horse man.

I know plenty of people who have kicked the drug habit, I have no reason to doubt until proven otherwise that Von won't as well. It's absolutely shameful the amount of judgemental people there are whenever one of our players screw up... Von has gotten a second chance and thus far he's doing well with it. Rather than accusing him of figuring out how to not get caught with no evidence that points to this being the case, let's just support him until proven otherwise.
                            Last edited by Freyaka; 08-02-2015, 02:03 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

PSA: Smoking weed doesn't make you a bad person, nor does it mean you make bad decisions.

Von's bad decisions were more likely than not the bad decisions any 24 year old multimillionare would make, given the circumstances. The team finds a way to let you know when the piss man is coming. Quit being an idiot kid and listen to them when they tell you.
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                              X