X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie wide receiver Jordan Taylor has been impressive early on

By Scotty Payne  @Skotty_Payne on Aug 1, 2015, 1:46p

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/8...ssive-early-on

We are only two days into Training Camp for the Denver Broncos, but one undrafted rookie has already caught the eye of fans and coaches. That rookie would be wide receiver, Jordan Taylor.

The 6'5", 210lb Taylor has been one of the standout players in the first two days of Training Camp for the Broncos. Many onlookers have said that Taylor has been "catching everything" thrown his way thus far in camp.

The highlight of his day was a one-handed catch he made in a 7-on-7 drill. Quarterback Brock Osweiler threw him a pass down the sideline, and Taylor made a terrific one-handed catch. I haven't seen the highlight of it yet, but many at the practice were talking about it.

This play from Taylor did not go unnoticed. Head Coach Gary Kubiak singled him out during his press conference after the practice.

"He's got a long body. He's got a long stride. He can really run. He's got a big catch radius. I think you guys that have been watching practice through OTAs can agree that he's been a really impressive player. It's going to be important to see how he does, but one of the things he's got going for him is that he can handle a lot of information and he knows every spot out there right now. That's an advantage, and I think he's going to have an excellent chance to help this team."

These types of plays are not uncommon for Taylor. He made plenty of highlight reel type catches while at Rice. Taylor is a big/sneaky fast deep target who has the ability to make plays after the catch.

If Taylor can continue catching everything and stay healthy until the preseason games begin, I believe we will see a few big plays from the rookie. Quarterback Brock Osweiler likes to sling the ball, and I could see Taylor being his target a few times.

Taylor is fighting for a spot on the Broncos 53-man roster. His main competition appears to be veteran's Andre Caldwell and Jordan Norwood along with Bennie Fowler and Nathan Palmer.

I like the chances of Taylor making the team, especially if he can continue this type of play throughout the summer. Taylor may join the long list of undrafted rookies who have gone on to have success for the Denver Broncos.

Always nice to read about the camp standouts. Hope they can be future contributors.
    Let's Ride!

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    By Scotty Payne  @Skotty_Payne on Aug 1, 2015, 1:46p

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/8...ssive-early-on

Always nice to read about the camp standouts. Hope they can be future contributors.
    Yes it is VERY good to see. I would love to see Norwood and Taylor as #4 and 5. Please send Caldwell packing.
    Dr. Giggles

Comment

Footage/Interview:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...7-a6b5c9a03b6f

No doubt he's an intriguing prospect. 6'5" 210lbs and ran a 4.5 40? Impressive.
      Last edited by Bootleg; 08-02-2015, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Knew he would be. Taylor, Watson, and Ndukue were my top 3 UDFA to make the team.
        A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

I really hope they keep him over Caldwell
          Dr. Giggles

Comment

Originally posted by Hesky View Post
            Footage/Interview:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...7-a6b5c9a03b6f

No doubt he's an intriguing prospect. 6'5" 210lbs and ran a 4.5 40? Impressive.
            Very impressive physical traits for a UDFA!
            Let's Ride!

Comment

Well let me be the first to say it.... For the record don't mean it but someone is going to.... Maybe we didn't need to sign DT after all
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                Well let me be the first to say it.... For the record don't mean it but someone is going to.... Maybe we didn't need to sign DT after all
                It's a valid point... We have some great depth @ WR right now. But who are we kidding, we all love some DT.

Comment

Originally posted by DFence View Post
                  It's a valid point... We have some great depth @ WR right now. But who are we kidding, we all love some DT.
                  I think I'll keep DT and let him have Caldwells spot
                  My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

I have had Taylor making the 53 man roster since the beginning of the off-season. I am glad to see he was able to transfer his skills to the field...now lets see him in pre-season.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                      Idk about that, having good, young depth in TC isn't the same as having a top 3 WR who has been the best YAC receiver for 3+ years.
                      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                        Idk about that, having good, young depth in TC isn't the same as having a top 3 WR who has been the best YAC receiver for 3+ years.
                        /sarcasm...
                        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                        sigpic

Comment

There was another article indicating Taylor struggled to get separation and the 5th spot might go to a guy with return skills. This level of competition and tough choices is going to make for a good team.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drgiggles View Post
                            Yes it is VERY good to see. I would love to see Norwood and Taylor as #4 and 5. Please send Caldwell packing.
                            Works for me. Eventually if they can put a bit of weight on him 6-5. 210 is bean thin add some pounds and team him up with DT in the RZ along with our big TEs who are they gonna b able to cover.

Comment

Since the edit function does not seem to work

In an interview he says Jordy is The guy he emulates.

Comment

Working...
                              X