Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britton Colquitt agrees to a reduced salary!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Britton Colquitt agrees to a reduced salary!

    Denver Post Broncos ‏@PostBroncos 7m7 minutes ago
    Broncos punter for 2015. http://dpo.st/1KM4X6p

    http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/8...tton-colquitts

    Looks like he'll be staying around. Good decision by him.
    Last edited by DFence; 08-03-2015, 09:05 AM.

  • #2
    Wonder who we are trying to sign...
    Let's Ride!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Hadez View Post
      Wonder who we are trying to sign...
      Could be that we are looking at someone, or just as likely this is Colquitt's way of winning the punting competition.

      Comment


      • #4
        Great to hear!
        Denver Broncos
        New York Yankees
        New York Knicks
        Colorado Avalanche


        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          I believe that was a self preservation move by Colquitt more than anything else, and probably a pretty smart one.
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

          Comment


          • #6
            http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nf...ncos/31055965/
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

            Comment


            • #7
              I wonder where this leaves us as far as carrying a kickoff specialist?

              Comment


              • #8
                Colquitt didn't have a great season last year. This will give him a better chance at making the team. Paying almost 4 million to a punter just doesn't make much sense.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Woohoo! Love Britton! Such a team player. At the beginning of the off-season, I knew his salary hurt us and I was expecting us to begin looking for a replacement. It would have been sad to lose him. Glad he decided sticking around was more important.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                    Could be that we are looking at someone, or just as likely this is Colquitt's way of winning the punting competition.
                    Yeah I think his cap hit this year was very high for a punter, if he didn't take a pay cut he would've probably been cut.

                    As far as making room this may be a signal that we still might go after a bigger name that's out there, but honestly I feel like we're probably done. We might bring in other rookies at various points but unless Sambrailo seems totally incompetent at LT and we are forced to bring in Long I think we're done as far as major moves.
                    A book I wrote

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CTM View Post
                      Yeah I think his cap hit this year was very high for a punter, if he didn't take a pay cut he would've probably been cut.

                      As far as making room this may be a signal that we still might go after a bigger name that's out there, but honestly I feel like we're probably done. We might bring in other rookies at various points but unless Sambrailo seems totally incompetent at LT and we are forced to bring in Long I think we're done as far as major moves.
                      Agree......

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm not sure Colquitt not agreeing to lower his salary guarantees him losing his job but it does make him a more attractive player to keep.

                        If Elway sticks to his guns, provided the talent is there, we will not have a kicking specialist on the roster. Therefore, those competing for the job need to stand out in more ways than one.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Wouldn't mind getting Evan Mathis for a year to help whoever it is at tackle. Britton must have felt the heat on him, he will most likely make the roster now unless the other guy just completely beasts
                          sigpic

                          2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                            I'm not sure Colquitt not agreeing to lower his salary guarantees him losing his job but it does make him a more attractive player to keep.

                            If Elway sticks to his guns, provided the talent is there, we will not have a kicking specialist on the roster. Therefore, those competing for the job need to stand out in more ways than one.
                            Kubiak doesn't want to keep more than three specialists. IDK if Barth punts well or if Colquitt can KO or PK. McManus can punt, and Schmitz can KO and PK.

                            Joe Don Duncan is a long snapper. Brewer plays KO, KOR and PR in addition to P, but he doesn't play an offensive or defensive position. Duncan has been doing some long snapping at TC.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                              I'm not sure Colquitt not agreeing to lower his salary guarantees him losing his job but it does make him a more attractive player to keep.

                              If Elway sticks to his guns, provided the talent is there, we will not have a kicking specialist on the roster. Therefore, those competing for the job need to stand out in more ways than one.
                              I'm thinking that with Colquitt's experience he prob is very much a fav to win it. But if McM and Schmitz do well enough in camp I wouldn't rule them out. They both can punt and kick. I know Elway must've thought somethingof McM to keep him around last year.We shall see.
                              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X