Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talib: I'm not jealous of Harris' emergence, accolades

- Talib: I'm not jealous of Harris' emergence, accolades -

"Aqib Talib is still at the top of his game. Only, he finds himself often overshadowed by fellow University of Kansas alum Chris Harris Jr.

Both of the Denver Broncos' starting cornerbacks had Pro Bowl seasons in 2014, each collecting 17 pass breakups, a sack and a forced fumble.

Talib had eight more tackles (63 to 55) and four interceptions to Harris' three.

But Harris led the league in opposing quarterback's passer rating against him (47.8) and didn't allow a single touchdown in 2014 - and all just months after recovering from a torn ACL.

''It's great for me, man. I love it, man,'' Talib said. ''That's my little brother, you know what I'm saying? It's like my little brother getting the recognition that he deserves. Long awaited. So, I'm as happy for him as anybody." ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/talib-i...3075--nfl.html

I love Talib. He cracks me up when he speaks. I don't know, it has something to do with the swag he has. I absolutely loved his support of Harris and how excited he was that Harris is getting the recognition he deserves.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Talib is clearly one of the biggest fans of Wade Phillips' 3-4 scheme that emphasizes man coverage while turning loose pass-rushers Von Miller, DeMarcus Ware and rookie Shane Ray.
      Hope this is true as I think it is definitely a strength we did not use enough in 2014...playing tight man allowing pass rushers to get to the QB
      Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
        Hope this is true as I think it is definitely a strength we did not use enough in 2014...playing tight man allowing pass rushers to get to the QB
        Exactly...10

Comment

Talib is overpaid, he knows it. Chris Harris Jr. was re-signed for a bargain of a deal, so Elway made up for Talib's deal. Now, Wade Philips has to figure out the right way to use Talib, unlike JDR.

Comment

What a stupid thing to ask a player; 'are you jealous of your counterpart?'. Someone should ask Mr. Stapleton if he is jealous of sports writers who write for more popular publications.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X