Von Miller devours lineman, makes Broncos camp look easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Look, the o-line will likely struggle for the first 5-6 weeks. We all should expect that.
    But all hope isn't lost (even if we don't make some changes and bring guys in) if the o-line can gel (which takes roughly 5-6 weeks) I think the talent is there. Having someone like Von and ware pushing is huge. Look at it this way. Our corners are good, real good! Having someone like Manning on the other side pushes them to get better, it's not a coincidence that our corners are so good. Part of it is talent (which they have) part of it is facing stiff competition day in and day out to push you to get better.

It will lower that learning curve as you mentioned and I'm actually confident that we'll be alright. We just have to be careful the first half of the season to protect Manning. That may mean running a lot of two TE sets early until the o-line can gel. We've got good blocking TE's and not enough people consider that.

Firmly agree with you. I think they will be much better 5-6 weeks in and just keep improving. I'm more worrtied about getting our qb slaughtered like a lamb in the mean time. It only takes one hit to do it, let alone consistent ones especially with an old timer who aint mobile.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
      [B]

Firmly agree with you. I think they will be much better 5-6 weeks in and just keep improving. I'm more worrtied about getting our qb slaughtered like a lamb in the mean time. It only takes one hit to do it, let alone consistent ones especially with an old timer who aint mobile.
      Keep in mind that we have smart coaches. I can almost guarantee you we will heavily utilize those talented blocking TE's we have until the line is ready. Kubiak thinks like the QB he was and knows what to do to protect them. We'll be fine. Between the fact that Peyton will zip that ball out of there quickly and the blocking TE's Manning will be ok.
      sigpic

Comment

Keep in mind that we have smart coaches. I can almost guarantee you we will heavily utilize those talented blocking TE's we have until the line is ready. Kubiak thinks like the QB he was and knows what to do to protect them. We'll be fine. Between the fact that Peyton will zip that ball out of there quickly and the blocking TE's Manning will be ok.
        to you and that thought. I think I will feel a lot better when they get on the field. I do know we have smart coaches who will scheme and play call with this in mind. I guess I just need some football.
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

The O-Line will be fine when they achieve unit cohesion. I think they will see a lot of playing time during preseason.

I'm looking forward to Von Miller. He seems to be getting ready to go off. [future infinitive of to go off = to be about to go off]
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Miller is going to have breakout year hopefully will be in discussion for defensive player of the year.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X