No announcement yet.

Broncos can afford to trade a running back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im always astounded at majority of this boards inability to effectively evaluate RBs.
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
      Why keep someone that is OK. Who will probably be gone next year anyway. Opposed to keeping young talent that is OK and has potential for growth.

We know what ball and hillman are, what the price tag is. Again opposed to younger players that have the same ability or better for way less money.
      Do we really though? Ball showed great flashes as a rookie spelling Moreno. Over the final six weeks or so of the season he average over six yards per carry. Last season was lost and he should not be judged by it considering his injuries.

Hillman too has shown flashes. Had he not been injured after his productive stretch as a starter, CJ Anderson never would have seen the field last season.

Both have shown that they can be very effective backs at the NFL level and both have potential to improve. What could we trade for or replace them with that would be better than that?

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
        Do we really though? Ball showed great flashes as a rookie spelling Moreno. Over the final six weeks or so of the season he average over six yards per carry. Last season was lost and he should not be judged by it considering his injuries.

Hillman too has shown flashes. Had he not been injured after his productive stretch as a starter, CJ Anderson never would have seen the field last season.

Both have shown that they can be very effective backs at the NFL level and both have potential to improve. What could we trade for or replace them with that would be better than that?
        Ive always always liked ball. He was born in the ZBS scheme so can probably do well in it.

That said he showed poor judgement in coming back to early last year from an appendectomy and injured himself again and again.

Add to that this is his contract year and frankly I'd rather have a young stud on a rookie contract that will be with us more than this year.

If we can get something for him great if not I have zero problems with keeping him OTHER than his cap savings that could be used next year for resigning more than just Von. As there will be a raft of UFAs come February.

Hillman IMO is a joke. A novelty guy that supposedly has TAKE IT TO THE HOUSE ability. Yet in his time here he has been injured , indecisive or fumbling issues with only ONE 37 yard TD to his credit.

ANderson A 51 and the others besides Bibbs all have had good strong runs without looking them up very similar to hillmans lone longish TD.

Did he hav some good runs last year sure behind 6 OL plus a TE. No over shelling IMO.

You are entitled to your thoughts but I'd trade him so a conditional 7th if I could get it at this point and anything it becomes makes it attractive for trade bait next draft.

Comment

Ive always always liked ball. He was born in the ZBS scheme so can probably do well in it.

That said he showed poor judgement in coming back to early last year from an appendectomy and injured himself again and again.

Add to that this is his contract year and frankly I'd rather have a young stud on a rookie contract that will be with us more than this year.

If we can get something for him great if not I have zero problems with keeping him OTHER than his cap savings that could be used next year for resigning more than just Von. As there will be a raft of UFAs come February.

Hillman IMO is a joke. A novelty guy that supposedly has TAKE IT TO THE HOUSE ability. Yet in his time here he has been injured , indecisive or fumbling issues with only ONE 37 yard TD to his credit.

ANderson A 51 and the others besides Bibbs all have had good strong runs without looking them up very similar to hillmans lone longish TD.

Did he hav some good runs last year sure behind 6 OL plus a TE. No over shelling IMO.

You are entitled to your thoughts but I'd trade him so a conditional 7th if I could get it at this point and anything it becomes makes it attractive for trade bait next draft.
          Since I mobile I'm unable to edit let me add they do not have a long contract for them to "improve". And they are not worth resigning when their contract is over because of the ability for good backs to get 1K in our new scheme. The only one I might be temeoted to resign would be CJ if he becomes the next TD or close to him. P

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
            Im always astounded at majority of this boards inability to effectively evaluate RBs.
            I have come to the conclusion besides highlights on Sportscenter (or whatever station people watch) no one really watches players on other teams. Shoot I do not think some people rewind plays of our own team and watch them again.

All opinions are effected by personal preferences and personal emotion but for some I feel that is all their opinion is based on.

Its ok though...we all Bronco fans and the discussions can still be fun
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Anderson 24
              Hillman 23
              Ball 24

No need to trade anyone. Let Thompson, Bibbs, and others fight for 4th spot. Hillman is still the youngest in the group and is more than a COP back.
              Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Our running backs are always dinged up, keep them all and rotate. If the O-line does it's job, the yards will be there.
                [sigpic

Comment

Ball is not in a contract year. Hillman is.

Comment

ahhhh......yeah.

Let go into the teams possible last chance at a Super Bowl run with Manning expecting ZERO injuries at the position. It is ok to have depth!!!!

Does anyone remember the broncos 2007 season?

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                      ahhhh......yeah.

Let go into the teams possible last chance at a Super Bowl run with Manning expecting ZERO injuries at the position. It is ok to have depth!!!!

Does anyone remember the broncos 2007 season?
                      Was that the year when we went through like 7 RBs?
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                        Was that the year when we went through like 7 RBs?
                        That was in 2008. We began with Selvin Young and finished with Tatum Bell.
                        sigpic

Comment

If you think Hiplman is a joke then you should rewatch his snaps from last year and freshen your memory.
                          A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                            I have come to the conclusion besides highlights on Sportscenter (or whatever station people watch) no one really watches players on other teams. Shoot I do not think some people rewind plays of our own team and watch them again.

All opinions are effected by personal preferences and personal emotion but for some I feel that is all their opinion is based on.

Its ok though...we all Bronco fans and the discussions can still be fun
                            Absolutely correct! 90% of fans who voice their opinion don't even watch every play during the game.
                            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Hillman always looks good, untill he fumbles again and finds the dog house....again. He has all the talent and skill set but just can't figure out how to hold onto the football. Ball, I think is the better of the two. Last year was a mistake on his/coaching staff to get him involved when they did. He should of sat back and got himself 100% before coming back. I personally think if Hillman was to be traded Denver would be just fine, if not better off. Kubiak is just like Shanahan, he can make a 1000 rusher out of just about anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                                Hillman always looks good, untill he fumbles again and finds the dog house....again. He has all the talent and skill set but just can't figure out how to hold onto the football. Ball, I think is the better of the two. Last year was a mistake on his/coaching staff to get him involved when they did. He should of sat back and got himself 100% before coming back. I personally think if Hillman was to be traded Denver would be just fine, if not better off. Kubiak is just like Shanahan, he can make a 1000 rusher out of just about anyone.
                                Ball has a higher frequency of fumbles than Hillman...

Comment

Working...
                                X