Broncos claim P Spencer Lannon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos claim P Spencer Lannon

#Broncos were awarded punter Spencer Lanning off waivers from Tampa Bay. Roster stands at 90 players.

Looks like we swapped punters with TB. They claimed Schmitz earlier this week.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Interesting, I thought Colquitt was safe now that they cut Schmitz and the concern was the PK/K's not the punter any longer. Colquitt is still too expensive for a punter ... interesting.
    sigpic

Comment

I think this is more about the kickers than Colquitt. Lanning does kickoffs, which would allow the Broncos to keep Barth exclusively as a field goal kicker. McManus does kickoffs, but he might be the least reliable kicker in the league. Colquitt may pay the price for our issue at kicker if Lanning provides similar results as a punter.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
        I think this is more about the kickers than Colquitt. Lanning does kickoffs, which would allow the Broncos to keep Barth exclusively as a field goal kicker. McManus does kickoffs, but he might be the least reliable kicker in the league. Colquitt may pay the price for our issue at kicker if Lanning provides similar results as a punter.
        If he can do kickoffs and punt than GOODBYE Colquitt and McManus. Problem solved.
        sigpic
        Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
        2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
        2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

I think Elway still wants a dual kicker
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
            I think Elway still wants a dual kicker
            Clearly Elway wants a kicker that can do more than one trick. I'm actually surprised because some comments from the STs coach mentioned there was good competition for the PK spot on the team between Barth and McMannus; Barth's KOs were improved and McMannus' accuracy had improved. Reporters from camp though Barth in particular looked good. Apparently that was coach speek or Elway stepped in.

Most surprising is changing horses this late in TC. I really hope Lanning can turn up the heat. It would be extremely beneficial to carry only one punter and one kicker on the roster as we have need for roster spots on the OL and DL.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
              Clearly Elway wants a kicker that can do more than one trick. I'm actually surprised because some comments from the STs coach mentioned there was good competition for the PK spot on the team between Barth and McMannus; Barth's KOs were improved and McMannus' accuracy had improved. Reporters from camp though Barth in particular looked good. Apparently that was coach speek or Elway stepped in.

Most surprising is changing horses this late in TC. I really hope Lanning can turn up the heat. It would be extremely beneficial to carry only one punter and one kicker on the roster as we have need for roster spots on the OL and DL.
              Yes that would be very nice and I'm all for it, if McM could get it togeither and Lanning could it would help us roster wise and money wise. Just don't want to get rid of Colquitt like we did Prater without being sure of his replacement, our special teams coverage did not impress me last night. But I love the idea, we will see. Just another fun matchup to keep an eye on. By the way I thought McM looked pretty good last night.
              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Well Schmitz first punt with TB was atrocious
                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                  Well Schmitz first punt with TB was atrocious
                  Yep, that was a disaster. No wonder why he was cut so early.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                    Poor Colquitt, getting paid like a Top 5 punter for the past three years when his stats suggested he wasn't even close to Top 15.

Comment

Karl did have two punts over 50 yards after a poor start, one 56 and one 57!!!

Comment

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/...pencer-lanning

Bucs claimed P Spencer Lanning off waivers from the Browns.

Lanning was officially waived yesterday after the Browns traded for Andy Lee. Lanning was just one of four punters last season to average less than five seconds of hang time on his boots. He'll compete with overpaid incumbent Michael Koenen for the Bucs' job this summer.
                        https://twitter.com/MileHighReport/s...98361941397504

[email protected]_Legwold notes that new #Broncos punter Spencer Lanning also kicks off.
                        [email protected]_Payne looked up the stats, and Lanning has 1 touchback in 14 attempts in 2 years so a little less interesting.
                        Oh oh.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by li.jonathan1031 View Post
                          Karl did have two punts over 50 yards after a poor start, one 56 and one 57!!!
                          Kind of silly they didn't at least give him a chance to punt during a game before the cut him.

Comment

Working...
                          X