Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As career winds down, Peyton Manning takes it in and makes adjustments

-As career winds down, Peyton Manning takes it in and makes adjustments-

"As he gears up for his 18th NFL season, the quarterback who wears No. 18 for the Denver Broncos can see his illustrious career unfold in a collection of mental snapshots.

"There's a certain age that you hit when you start doing that," said Peyton Manning, 39, standing in a quiet hallway at team headquarters. "I really enjoy interacting with the fans. My kids have been out to practice a bunch this year. The rookie skits. Things you know will never happen again."

Manning, the NFL's only five-time most valuable player, isn't putting a stop date on his career, nor is he looking at this season as some type of rocking-chair tour. It's just that, since joining the Broncos from Indianapolis in 2012, after sitting out a season because of a neck injury, he has learned to appreciate the small moments. In that sense, he has savored football through a slow-motion lens." ...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la...816-story.html

I hate those words... "as career winds down".

Originally posted by Emily Diana View Post
    -As career winds down, Peyton Manning takes it in and makes adjustments-

"As he gears up for his 18th NFL season, the quarterback who wears No. 18 for the Denver Broncos can see his illustrious career unfold in a collection of mental snapshots.

"There's a certain age that you hit when you start doing that," said Peyton Manning, 39, standing in a quiet hallway at team headquarters. "I really enjoy interacting with the fans. My kids have been out to practice a bunch this year. The rookie skits. Things you know will never happen again."

Manning, the NFL's only five-time most valuable player, isn't putting a stop date on his career, nor is he looking at this season as some type of rocking-chair tour. It's just that, since joining the Broncos from Indianapolis in 2012, after sitting out a season because of a neck injury, he has learned to appreciate the small moments. In that sense, he has savored football through a slow-motion lens." ...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la...816-story.html

I hate those words... "as career winds down".
    Why do you hate those words? I can understand not wanting to lose a talented player to retirement but we knew his career was almost over when we signed him. It's not like he's a career Bronco. Just a talented FA that we enjoyed watching play well for a few years, and that's all we knew it would be.

Comment

Hopefully Peyton and Broncos can win it all this year and walk away.

(Just imagine this place next year if Manning tells the media Kubes system has rejuvenated him to come back for another run with the Broncos.)

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

(Just imagine this place next year if Manning tells the media Kubes system has rejuvenated him to come back for another run with the Broncos.)
        You just literally made some people wanna throw up.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

If anything the system will put manning in the hospital.

Comment

Working...
          X