X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paradis Promoted to 1st string Center

On cell phone... Didn't see a thread on this... So:

Matt Paradis - C - Broncos

The Broncos have promoted Matt Paradis to their first-team center.
    A second-year sixth-round pick out of Boise State, Paradis spent his rookie year on the practice squad. The good news is Gino Gradkowski has lost the job and won't be Peyton Manning and C.J. Anderson's center. The bad news is Paradis is at-best an unknown who walked on in college and is short on athleticism. The Broncos may have to scheme their way around a shaky O-Line this season.

Source: 9 News Denver Aug 18 - 9:47 PM

http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/2015/08/18/matt-paradis-spencer-lanning-gary-kubiak-kenny-anunike/31948569/

KUSA—Matt Paradis was discovered while playing on the Denver Broncos' practice squad.

That's where new Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak found him, anyway. Soon after he got the new gig, Kubiak was evaluating his own roster during the offseason and Paradis' effort and performances well away from game day kept jumping off the film.
    Today, Paradis is the Broncos' first-string center. Snapping to Peyton Manning.
    Let that be a lesson to all you youngsters out there. You never know when somebody's going to be watching.
    "The practice squad is a lot like redshirting in college," Paradis said. "You get to go against the best defensive players every play. And I'd spend more time with those players who were playing last year learning the ins and outs of offense.
    "It's a chance to work on your craft for a year and not have to worry about the games. You'd rather be playing in the games, don't get me wrong. But it is an opportunity if you take it that way. It is hard to take it that way."
    Paradis continues to catch Kubiak's attention. This time it was while the coach was watching film of the Broncos' preseason game last Friday at Seattle. Paradis was in the middle of an offensive line that helped quarterback Brock Osweiler and the Broncos amass 240 yards in total offense and 19 points in the first half.
    "The first thing that impressed me with the first group was Matt Paradis running the group," Kubiak said. "He has to be a quarterback and I know that he has been here a year, but let's remember that he's really a rookie in a lot of ways, too. I liked the way he ran the group. We played extremely hard, we made mistakes, but then we came back to make the next play. I just like our effort and I think that if Matt can hold the group together, we can continue to grow, which is going to be the key."
    Paradis will be snapping to first-string quarterback Peyton Manning on Saturday in the Broncos' second preseason game at Houston. Manning is an 18-year player who has five MVP awards and dozens of commercials.
    Doesn't Paradis feel a tad intimidated in Manning's presence?
    "There's a little bit right off the bat,'' Paradis said. "But you've got to put that behind me and say it's just football. It doesn't matter who's on the field, it's still just football and play my game."

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    On cell phone... Didn't see a thread on this... So:

Matt Paradis - C - Broncos

The Broncos have promoted Matt Paradis to their first-team center.
    A second-year sixth-round pick out of Boise State, Paradis spent his rookie year on the practice squad. The good news is Gino Gradkowski has lost the job and won't be Peyton Manning and C.J. Anderson's center. The bad news is Paradis is at-best an unknown who walked on in college and is short on athleticism. The Broncos may have to scheme their way around a shaky O-Line this season.

Source: 9 News Denver Aug 18 - 9:47 PM

http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nf...nike/31948569/

KUSA—Matt Paradis was discovered while playing on the Denver Broncos' practice squad.

That's where new Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak found him, anyway. Soon after he got the new gig, Kubiak was evaluating his own roster during the offseason and Paradis' effort and performances well away from game day kept jumping off the film.
    Today, Paradis is the Broncos' first-string center. Snapping to Peyton Manning.
    Let that be a lesson to all you youngsters out there. You never know when somebody's going to be watching.
    "The practice squad is a lot like redshirting in college," Paradis said. "You get to go against the best defensive players every play. And I'd spend more time with those players who were playing last year learning the ins and outs of offense.
    "It's a chance to work on your craft for a year and not have to worry about the games. You'd rather be playing in the games, don't get me wrong. But it is an opportunity if you take it that way. It is hard to take it that way."
    Paradis continues to catch Kubiak's attention. This time it was while the coach was watching film of the Broncos' preseason game last Friday at Seattle. Paradis was in the middle of an offensive line that helped quarterback Brock Osweiler and the Broncos amass 240 yards in total offense and 19 points in the first half.
    "The first thing that impressed me with the first group was Matt Paradis running the group," Kubiak said. "He has to be a quarterback and I know that he has been here a year, but let's remember that he's really a rookie in a lot of ways, too. I liked the way he ran the group. We played extremely hard, we made mistakes, but then we came back to make the next play. I just like our effort and I think that if Matt can hold the group together, we can continue to grow, which is going to be the key."
    Paradis will be snapping to first-string quarterback Peyton Manning on Saturday in the Broncos' second preseason game at Houston. Manning is an 18-year player who has five MVP awards and dozens of commercials.
    Doesn't Paradis feel a tad intimidated in Manning's presence?
    "There's a little bit right off the bat,'' Paradis said. "But you've got to put that behind me and say it's just football. It doesn't matter who's on the field, it's still just football and play my game."
    my boy paradis! went to college with him. a work horse!

Comment

Just think, if Fox had recognized the talent last year and gotten him some more reps how much better he might even be.
      Dr. Giggles

Comment

Originally posted by drgiggles View Post
        Just think, if Fox had recognized the talent last year and gotten him some more reps how much better he might even be.
        Reading between the lines in pressers from Fox being released and Kubiak being hired I think this is one of the main reasons Fox is gone. Probably top 5 if not top 3.

Any coach can develop the obviously good players but it takes a good coach to reconize the guys who are not yet there but with a little help can be there...and knowing what "help" they need.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
          Reading between the lines in pressers from Fox being released and Kubiak being hired I think this is one of the main reasons Fox is gone. Probably top 5 if not top 3.

Any coach can develop the obviously good players but it takes a good coach to reconize the guys who are not yet there but with a little help can be there...and knowing what "help" they need.
          I have heard those rumors and try to see evidence to support them.

After Gary Kubiak was hired, John Elway didn't re-sign six players whose rookie contracts had expired, guys he drafted four of whom were starters. Two players received new contracts: Virgil Green, who was drafted, and Chris Harris who was an UDFA.

There were nine rookies in 2012 including three UDFAs, and eight are still with the team (Duke Ihenacho is listed as starting SS for Washington); four are starters.

Of the seven drafted in 2013, four made the roster, one went on IR, one was on PS, one was waived. One UDFA was added in 2013.

Last year twelve rookies were added, six draft picks and six UDFAs. Five draftees and three UDFAs made the roster. Three rookies went to the PS and are currently in TC along with the one who went to IR last year.

Of the six guys drafted last year, three were offensive and three were defensive players. Two offensive players made the roster and one went to PS. One of the roster guys wasn't active and the other played very little. All three defenders made the roster, they all played and two started.

That might have to do with how long it takes players at certain offensive or defensive positions to learn enough of a system to get on the field. It might have to do with how long each player takes, mentally and physically, to adapt to the pro game. It could have to do with JDR playing all available players on game day, but Adam Gase not so much.

We are studying the 90 man TC depth chart wondering who will make the team. When I look at it, I see about thirty-seven young players who were acquired by John Elway during the Fox era.

Did the previous coaching staff develop some young players? They clearly did. Was that a main reason Elway and Fox parted company? It's hard for me to say. It's water under the bridge now, and we shall see how young player development goes from now into the future of the Kubiak era.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I'll take our new staff over our old one every damn time...

It is simply night and day to me. Not even close, severe upgrades across the board...if we had this staff when we first got Peyton, I have a strong feeling we'd have a ring or 2

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post

It is simply night and day to me. Not even close, severe upgrades across the board...if we had this staff when we first got Peyton, I have a strong feeling we'd have a ring or 2
              Yeah buddy! Al and D-Mac were talking yesterday about how each game Kubiak will have someone on the opposing defense that we will go after. Scheming each week it will be a nice change. Saw a little bit of Gase's offense Cutler looked horrible and lost, it will be interesting to see just how genius Gase is now that he doesn't have our group of offensive talent.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post

It's not an entirely new coaching staff. Gary Kubiak retained six offensive coaches.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                  Saw a little bit of Gase's offense Cutler looked horrible and lost, it will be interesting to see just how genius Gase is now that he doesn't have our group of offensive talent.
                  Gase was clueless with Peyton...now without? Super-clueless
                  "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                  PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                  LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Working...
                  X