Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peyton Manning set to unveil his new mash-up offense

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Peyton Manning set to unveil his new mash-up offense

    - Peyton Manning set to unveil his new mash-up offense -

    "Get ready to see Peyton Manning like you haven't seen him in years.

    Roll-outs. Bootlegs. Sprint-outs.

    He'll be lining up under center or in the pistol (with a running back behind him for some play-action possibilities) instead of the shotgun, from which he's operated almost exclusively since joining the Broncos.

    He might still sprinkle in some shotgun, but when the league's only five-time MVP makes his 2015 debut Saturday night at Houston, he'll finally get to show off the mash-up offense he's been working on for six months.

    Although preseason games offer more vanilla than a middle school ice cream social, there's no hiding Denver's new offense that mixes Manning's famed deciphering skills and passing prowess with Gary Kubiak's zone blocking, run-oriented philosophies.

    Fans and fantasy players alike are curious how it will play out, but former Broncos coach Dan Reeves, who visited their training camp this week, said he thinks there's no way these two brilliant football minds didn't come up with something special." ...

    http://news.yahoo.com/peyton-manning...2274--spt.html

  • #2
    Well, I'm all for whatever helps us win!
    sigpic

    DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

    Comment


    • #3
      I heard P Manning is currently running a 4.43
      in training camp to help with his roll outs, boot legs
      and sprint outs.

      Can any confirm?

      Of course not!

      Comment


      • #4
        I am more excited to see the LoS General audible in and out of pass/run plays at will to expose those defensive line ups

        People making too much noise about the boots and rolls imo
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Hadez View Post
          I am more excited to see the LoS General audible in and out of pass/run plays at will to expose those defensive line ups

          People making too much noise about the boots and rolls imo
          I think Defenses are going to show one play and then switch up and confuse him, even more so than the last couple years. At first, anyway.
          sigpic

          Hooray, beer!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            I think Defenses are going to show one play and then switch up and confuse him, even more so than the last couple years. At first, anyway.
            I am thinking in particular the Cinc game last year. When we had 6 OL in then game they put in their run defense which also meant they used a certain db and certain lb. When we started passing they switched out those players to pass defenders at same spots and also included an extra db for a lb. (Saw this on the NFL show where they break down what a team did to be successful )

            Sea also did something similiar with the DL in the Super Bowl....playing mostly their pass rushing DL knowing we would not run much so they kept their run stoppers off the field except for short yardage situations...their HC admitted their plan was to play their pass rushers more then their run defenders

            Almost every team has run specialists who are not as good vs the pass and pass specialists who are not as good vs the run..
            .even Seattle's amazing championshio defense had this.

            Now PM can scan who is on the field and if a team puts run defenders out there he can make sure a pas play is coming....if their pass defenders are on the field he can go to a run (assuming it is not third and super long)

            U can not disguise which players are on the field
            Last edited by Hadez; 08-21-2015, 06:20 AM.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

            Comment


            • #7
              Which defenders are on the field is one thing. How they align to a formation and what coverage they seem to be showing is another. Defensive fronts will try to disguise that by stemming and sugaring. Coverage disguises include inverts, Zone Blitz and Robber.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

              Comment


              • #8
                Every team knew to play the pass, now that we are going more equal they have to respect both pass and run. Will they disguise their plays? Of course they are professionals, but they have to respect both now unlike before.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I highly doubt we'll see anything but a vanilla offense in a pre-season game.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                    I am thinking in particular the Cinc game last year. When we had 6 OL in then game they put in their run defense which also meant they used a certain db and certain lb. When we started passing they switched out those players to pass defenders at same spots and also included an extra db for a lb. (Saw this on the NFL show where they break down what a team did to be successful )

                    Sea also did something similiar with the DL in the Super Bowl....playing mostly their pass rushing DL knowing we would not run much so they kept their run stoppers off the field except for short yardage situations...their HC admitted their plan was to play their pass rushers more then their run defenders

                    Almost every team has run specialists who are not as good vs the pass and pass specialists who are not as good vs the run..
                    .even Seattle's amazing championshio defense had this.

                    Now PM can scan who is on the field and if a team puts run defenders out there he can make sure a pas play is coming....if their pass defenders are on the field he can go to a run (assuming it is not third and super long)

                    U can not disguise which players are on the field
                    Didnt Peyton throw 3 ints in the second half of that game?
                    sigpic

                    Hooray, beer!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                      Didnt Peyton throw 3 ints in the second half of that game?
                      Yes

                      Because our player usage made our run vs pass playcalling predictable.

                      Which is why I am saying what we are going to be doing now has potential to be amazing...assuming PM fully buys into the concept
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                        I am more excited to see the LoS General audible in and out of pass/run plays at will to expose those defensive line ups

                        People making too much noise about the boots and rolls imo
                        Good god no. I hope we've seen the last of that. Let the coaches call the plays.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Manning only audibled about 3 plays a game. The rest was exactly what gase called, as per Adam Gase.
                          So far:
                          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                            Manning only audibled about 3 plays a game. The rest was exactly what gase called, as per Adam Gase.
                            Herm Edwards thinks Gase will definitely run the ball in Chicago.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                              Didnt Peyton throw 3 ints in the second half of that game?
                              Yes he did throw 3 INTs in the second half he also lead 3 td scoring drives in the 3rd quarter to get us back in a game we were down 20-7. Manning struggled in the 4th quarter and threw a horrible pick 6, and then another pick in the final seconds after the game was decided.
                              Sometimes qb have bad games (Brady vs KC last year comes to mind)
                              The whole point is John Elway got sick of teams knowing exactly what our offense was going to do, so he canned a coach who was 38-10 the last 3 seasons ( best record of any team in the nfl), to try and change things up.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X