Clear All

• Chrissy
    replied
    Test post my bold print ..test

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied
    Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Joe Don Duncan has only been on the Broncos as far as NFL teams go ... he did participate at a Colts rookie camp last year but nothing came of it. He spent last year coaching as a graduate assistant at Dixie St, working with receivers. Joe Don too short? James Casey is 6'-3", Owen Daniels 6'-3", Virgil Green 6'-5", Dominique Jones 6'3" ... Joe Don is 6'-4", not too short.
    I think sometimes releasing a player on the first cut might allow them to go "under the radar" and not get picked up. Also I think it is a little more difficult for teams to add players when they are trying to cut down to 75. He will have already cleared waivers by the next cut, I don't know but that might figure in the decisions?
    Thanks for that info I've been tracking and really have. Not had decent wifi access for that last week.
    Seems to me I heard something on the announcers group about him being in several camps and being cut.

But then Most of those guys know less about the team than you all do.

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied
    Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
    One of our cuts got picked up. Zac Dysert claimed by the Bears.
    Foxy strikes again he was not very good here for two years. But Fox will fix him and make him cutlers backup. More power to him.

Leave a comment:

• ramanboy33
    replied
    One of our cuts got picked up. Zac Dysert claimed by the Bears.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Are we really arguing over minutiae?
    That's just about all that happens around here sometimes ... during the full moon.

Leave a comment:

• Bterres105
    replied
    Are we really arguing over minutiae?

Leave a comment:

• brianmcfarlane
    replied
    Originally posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    I said short... not too short. I'm not sure from where you got 6'4" (especially since his profile has been taken off the team site, which is usually the main source of embellishment), but at the combine he measured in at 6'2.5". Not too short, but it's definitely on the lower range of NFL tight ends, which was the point. And the endgame here is that it means he doesn't have any quick-reference stats that would make him a particularly intriguing claim out of the ~450 players who've popped up on waivers the past couple days.
    1-02-2014 ... AP, Little All-American First Team, Troy Renk of the Denver Post had an article, Dixie St 2012 profile, Wikipedia. NFL combine profile has him at 6'-3" 268lb. Another Post article had him at 6'3" too.

Leave a comment:

• GrizzlyB
    replied
    Joe Don Duncan has only been on the Broncos as far as NFL teams go ... he did participate at a Colts rookie camp last year but nothing came of it. He spent last year coaching as a graduate assistant at Dixie St, working with receivers. Joe Don too short? James Casey is 6'-3", Owen Daniels 6'-3", Virgil Green 6'-5", Dominique Jones 6'3" ... Joe Don is 6'-4", not too short.
    I think sometimes releasing a player on the first cut might allow them to go "under the radar" and not get picked up. Also I think it is a little more difficult for teams to add players when they are trying to cut down to 75. He will have already cleared waivers by the next cut, I don't know but that might figure in the decisions?
    I said short... not too short. I'm not sure from where you got 6'4" (especially since his profile has been taken off the team site, which is usually the main source of embellishment), but at the combine he measured in at 6'2.5". Not too short, but it's definitely on the lower range of NFL tight ends, which was the point. And the endgame here is that it means he doesn't have any quick-reference stats that would make him a particularly intriguing claim out of the ~450 players who've popped up on waivers the past couple days.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    I've wondered if this was the intention as well.

Leave a comment:

• Den615
    replied
    Broncos waive WR Nathan Palmer. Two more cuts today.

Leave a comment:

• brianmcfarlane
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    I've learnt from hard knocks that they keep the best 53. It doesn't matter how versatile Harris was or could of been, if he wasn't getting it done u can him

Leave a comment:

• JesseH
    replied
    Originally posted by Remedy View Post
    We also traded Clark for a 7th
    :clap::dance::usa:

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied
    Originally posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Duncan's early release surprised me the most, too. I actually thought he'd be on the final roster, both because he's been a good special teamer and because I'm not super-thrilled with the idea of not having a backup should Casey get hurt. But as you said, it's unlikely he gets picked up elsewhere within the next few days (he's a little short for a tight end and not really a fullback, and I don't know of any other teams that use FB/TE/H-backs the way we are); the optimist in me is hoping that, believing him to be safe on the street for a few days, we cut him early to alleviate the number crunch with the intention of bringing him back to the PS.

Pretty unlikely, I know, but if that's not what happens, we're going to need somebody on hand and versed in the offense to replace Casey in the event of serious injury.
    IIRC Duncan has been in several other teams and been cut by all.

I was impressed with his play when he was on the field. For someone to short or ruff around the edges he played with heart.

Perhaps we will see him on the PS. At least one can hope.

Leave a comment:

• GrizzlyB
    replied
    Originally posted by Den615 View Post
    Good chance he will, but you would think that if they wanted him on the practice squad they would have waited until final cuts to release him. I was definitely most surprised by his release.
    Duncan's early release surprised me the most, too. I actually thought he'd be on the final roster, both because he's been a good special teamer and because I'm not super-thrilled with the idea of not having a backup should Casey get hurt. But as you said, it's unlikely he gets picked up elsewhere within the next few days (he's a little short for a tight end and not really a fullback, and I don't know of any other teams that use FB/TE/H-backs the way we are); the optimist in me is hoping that, believing him to be safe on the street for a few days, we cut him early to alleviate the number crunch with the intention of bringing him back to the PS.

Pretty unlikely, I know, but if that's not what happens, we're going to need somebody on hand and versed in the offense to replace Casey in the event of serious injury.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X