Clear All

• Kansas Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I believe Manning is average at best.

I believe we can do better.

I want us to do better.

That is my agenda.
    If this is true, the Ravens ought to cut Joe Flacco today! He looked worse than Manning did Sunday, had a lower rating and threw more INT's than Manning! Flacco's arm must be wore out and he has always had a slower release than Manning, IMO!
    Manning is getting use to a different system, coached rested him a lot in preseason, two of his favorite receivers are gone and he has a new, untested front line. All I heard Sunday was Sims saying how the Ravens OL was young but very experienced and I think all his WR was back. When was Manning ever able to complete a pass laying down??? lol
    Manning is older but I still think he is a quality QB and better than most of the QB's in the NFL!
    Manning haters, suck it up, unless his OL gets him hurt, he is still far and away the best QB on our roster!

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    At his salary, if hes playin not to his salary, Elway gets rid of him.

He got rid of Champ, lets not act like Peyton's any different here.
    What is playing to his salary?

Considering we have a totally new OL in front of him. With not a single player on the line that has had the same guy next to him for ANY regular season games and the right side for part of each game in the preseason. The left side for zero actual game time so far.

Let add in that they have a new playbook. For those few that have played together last season.
    IMO the first 5-6 games are going to be a Chinese fire drill for the O.

While Kubes is going to accommodate Manning in allowing him some of his OWN play calling. Only Vasquez in front of him has played a down at his regular spot before.

We got Matthis at the last second and while he is a pro bowler he has no clue on what TY or Paradis will due In any given situation. Same thing applies to pro bowl Vasquez.
    Great OLs take time to build, sometimes years. By the time we get decent Matthis will be gone and perhaps clady will be back (my bet is he is cut) but none the less we start to build trust again next fall.

Now all of that said. DT has looked like crap so far, Saunders has been hurt and Lattimore has been a no show.

We have a new TE and Norwood and the only guy that Manning has thrown to before was Green all 5 times last year.

So how about calling a spade a spade, odds are this offense is going to be all screwed up for while and it will not be Mannings fault

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

I suggest you get used to the likely possibility that Peyton plays not only this year, but next as well.
    At his salary, if hes playin not to his salary, Elway gets rid of him.

He got rid of Champ, lets not act like Peyton's any different here.

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Originally posted by Garfield View Post
    Thanks, I would have not seen it.

Some folks have an agenda and you nailed this.

Great rebuttal.
    I believe Manning is average at best.

I believe we can do better.

I want us to do better.

That is my agenda.

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Not really. Flawed reasoning is hoping this will be Peyton's last year, instead of hoping he plays well this year and beyond.
    What? lol that is completely irrelevant, but regardless..If I believe a player has to deteriorated and is not helping the franchise, how is it flawed reasoning to hop that player does not stick around?

Would it be sound reasoning for me to hope someone who I bridled will be great for this team(Oz) continue to rise the bench? No. So yeah, no. Not flawed reasoning. Maybe flawed understanding on your part.

I simply want what I deem best for the Broncos' long term success. The coaching staff has to play Manning until he proves himself incapable. Several of us believe we has seen the beginning of the end for him and that he will only get worse. If we believe that, then that is perfectly fine reasoning to hope he retires.

And Garfield is correct. Manning's strengths has always been studying, getting rid of the ball quickly, football IQ, etc, and those things never go away. And it isn't arm strength that goes first, it's the legs. QBs and pitchers keep their arm strength into their 40s. Elway didn't quit because of arm strength. He quit because of his legs. Manning doesn't have this issue.
    I never disagreed with him on that. Manning is great at all those mentioned. All I said is that the weak part of him game is only getting weaker. It is very obviously getting weaker. We saw this the second half of last year, and it continued into this preseason.

I don't know what your qualifications are to say that no matter what arms don't lose anything until the legs do. That's kind of an odd statement to make. Manning's arm, entire body in all likelihood, has obviously weakened.

Elway quit for the same reason all aging players do. The toll on their body has reached a point to where they are rapidly losing. The ability to compete at a high level. We've seen it with many players league wide, we saw it with Champ first hand, and I believe that is what we're watching unfold with Manning.

I suggest you get used to the likely possibility that Peyton plays not only this year, but next as well.
    I really think the odds of that are too poor to fathom, to be honest. He will play this year, that was certain when he didn't retire, trade talks with the Texans didn't get far, and Elway asked to cut his pay to $10 million. How well he plays and how healthy he stays will determine how much he plays this year, however.

As far as next year, after what happened this offseason I find it almost impossible that Elway retains him should he not retire. Elway is too good of a GM to settle for mediocrity and I believe that that is Peyton's ceiling at this point in his career.

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied
    Not really. Flawed reasoning is hoping this will be Peyton's last year, instead of hoping he plays well this year and beyond.

And Garfield is correct. Manning's strengths has always been studying, getting rid of the ball quickly, football IQ, etc, and those things never go away. And it isn't arm strength that goes first, it's the legs. QBs and pitchers keep their arm strength into their 40s. Elway didn't quit because of arm strength. He quit because of his legs. Manning doesn't have this issue.

Thanks, I would have not seen it.

Some folks have an agenda and you nailed this.

Great rebuttal.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I think that's flawed reasoning. If his physical game was already average at best, then it deteriorating even further below that does not bode well. It doesn't matter if he knows exactly what throw to make and when if he can't physically do it.

Leave a comment:

• Rancid
    replied
    The Broncos are not dummies; let's see how things go before making a prediction based on a couple preseason quarters.

If the preseason showed us anything it was that Osweiler is ready to step in if Manning cannot get it done.

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Since his "game " is more between his ears than physically. As long as he is not injured I can see him play well into his 40's.

Let's see if he has fun this coming year instead of being a bunch of chicken littles.
    I think that's flawed reasoning. If his physical game was already average at best, then it deteriorating even further below that does not bode well. It doesn't matter if he knows exactly what throw to make and when if he can't physically do it.

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Honestly, Peyton Manning never looks like he is having fun playing football. I think he actually has more fun learning and practicing than actually playing the game itself.
    Well, we could always try and get Kyle Orton back haha. No i agree with you on Manning. He needs to lighten up a bit sometimes

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Since his "game " is more between his ears than physically. As long as he is not injured I can see him play well into his 40's.

Let's see if he has fun this coming year instead of being a bunch of chicken littles.
    Honestly, Peyton Manning never looks like he is having fun playing football. I think he actually has more fun learning and practicing than actually playing the game itself.

Leave a comment:

• Garfield
    replied

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    He needs to announce it so the NFL can rig him a sunset championship run like they did for Ray Lewis.
    And with all the things that have been coming to light in New England, the NFL would definitely make it happen.

Leave a comment:

• broncolassiter
    replied
    I think whether or not this is his final run will depend on how he performs in the new offense. I don't think that even Peyton himself can tell you how it is all going to work. Peyton may have an idea of when he will retire but does not want it to become another Brett Favre type thing (retiring then unretirement).

Leave a comment:

• drgiggles
    replied
    Honestly, if this year looks anything like last year or the playoffs (which in my opinion the preseason has), it's time. Wish him and us fans the best though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X