• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Carter Cut

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 5m5 minutes ago
    Tony Carter cut #9news #9sports
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Not surprising to me. While I am glad our talent pool has increased enough to let Carter go, I wish him well. Although he drove me nuts with boneheaded mistakes in bad situations, he did seam to give his all and made some good plays along the way as well as being a class act and team mate. Good Luck Tony

Comment

So marsh over carter huh
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Long overdue.

Comment

no huge loss IMO, a talented guy that just could not be consistent.

Comment

Wayyyyyyyyy long overdue. To bsd he couldn't take Caldwell with him.
            Dr. Giggles

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
              no huge loss IMO, a talented guy that just could not be consistent.
              He did have that one great game when we had that fantastic comeback against SD in 2012 when we were down 24-0 so I'll give him that. IIRC, didn't he have 2 INTs and one of them for a pick 6? He also had a pick 6 against Flacco when he intercepted close to the EZ and returned it all the way for a TD. So he's had his moments for sure.

Then he and Welker muffed that punt in NE and he was dead to me.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Tony Carter is a heck of a corner and should get PT somewhere else as a sub-package cb

He's better than Chris Marsh that's for sure

Comment

He made plays but held way too much and gave costly penalties away.

I like Webster but he has that worrying grabby trait

Comment

I believe it has everything to do with special teams - Carter was a poor to bad tackler and not the size we would need for a gunner - Curtis Marsh, on the other hand, was being lauded for his ST play

In any event, he's probably just a place holder for when TJ gets back next week
                    Last edited by pzmire; 09-06-2015, 09:56 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

I hope it was entirely based on special teams, because Marsh did nothing else in the preseason but get burnt.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                        I hope it was entirely based on special teams, because Marsh did nothing else in the preseason but get burnt.
                        Marsh should be cut once Ward is back, should.

If he's not, im confused.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                          Marsh should be cut once Ward is back, should.

If he's not, im confused.
                          Yep I think they probably figure Marsh was better than Carter on special teams and not intending to use either this week at Corner so may as well keep Marsh for 1 game at ST

Comment

Releasing Carter now might give him a better chance of being picked up elsewhere, he was better than Marsh and I think Marsh is cut when Ward returns.

Comment

Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
                              Releasing Carter now might give him a better chance of being picked up elsewhere, he was better than Marsh and I think Marsh is cut when Ward returns.
                              That may happen. If it does, the D would have five Corners and five Safeties. Taurean Nixon is on the PS. I hope they sign Josh Furman.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X