Practice Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
    Areas the injury bug has hit us hard before. Let's hope we can stay healthy.
    Me, too.

McCray and Anunike probably won't be active on game day due to their recent injuries. I hope Emmanuel Sanders is ready to go. As far as I can tell, everyone is OK.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      Me, too.

McCray and Anunike probably won't be active on game day due to their recent injuries. I hope Emmanuel Sanders is ready to go. As far as I can tell, everyone is OK.
      Everyone is practicing today except Anunike as of this moment.

Gonna need him Sunday with Wolfe out.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
        Everyone is practicing today except Anunike as of this moment.

Gonna need him Sunday with Wolfe out.
        Well, that's good to hear. IDK if he'll suit up this Sunday. He just had his knee scoped a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Well, that's good to hear. IDK if he'll suit up this Sunday. He just had his knee scoped a couple of weeks ago.
          It got scoped 3-4 weeks ago, and it was only a 2-4 week procedure.

Comment

From what I've read, He is just waiting for medical clearance and hopes to play. We will see.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 9m9 minutes ago
            #broncos Kenny Anunike said hopeful that will be ready for opener. Had scope on right knee. He's waiting clearance from training staff
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
              From what I've read, He is just waiting for medical clearance and hopes to play. We will see.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 9m9 minutes ago
              #broncos Kenny Anunike said hopeful that will be ready for opener. Had scope on right knee. He's waiting clearance from training staff
              Tape it up ... real good.

Comment

Kenny Anunike's knee was scoped on 20 August, or two weeks and four days ago. From that day to this Sunday's game is three weeks and three days. We'll see if he is active on game day.

Comment

Kenny Anunike's knee was scoped on 20 August, or two weeks and four days ago. From that day to this Sunday's game is three weeks and three days. We'll see if he is active on game day.
                  Had my knee scoped in college and tried to play 10 days later. That was one of the worst decisions I ever made. Medically I was cleared, but that first hit, I saw stars. I'm excited for next Sunday!!!!
                  sigpic
                  The Bronco fan pledge;
                  I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                  I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                  I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                  I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                  Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
                    Had my knee scoped in college and tried to play 10 days later. That was one of the worst decisions I ever made. Medically I was cleared, but that first hit, I saw stars. I'm excited for next Sunday!!!!
                    Was that back when they gave you a videotape of the scope, so you could re-experience the procedure while sitting on the couch with a cryocuff on your knee?

Comment

Ball cleared waivers...is he eligible for the PS?
                      Skill + Effort = Talent. Talent + Effort = Achievement. A. Duckworth - Grit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                        Ball cleared waivers...is he eligible for the PS?
                        Yes, he should be. Though I can't imagine that we'll bring him back here, at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzlyB View Post
                          Yes, he should be. Though I can't imagine that we'll bring him back here, at this point.
                          I don't think he is cause he played in all 16 games in 2013. That means he is veteran status cause he was on roster for more than 6 games and since he played in all 16, he also was on the active roster for over nine. I may be wrong but I believe that means he is not eligible. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                            I don't think he is cause he played in all 16 games in 2013. That means he is veteran status cause he was on roster for more than 6 games and since he played in all 16, he also was on the active roster for over nine. I may be wrong but I believe that means he is not eligible. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please
                            As with all of its rules, the NFL has written the practice squad eligibility requirements to be as difficult as possible for a layman to interpret. Still, one quote on the new rules I found was this:

"And each team now can sign a maximum of two practice squad players who have earned no more than two NFL seasons toward free agency. Aside from that exception, a player with one or more accrued seasons can't go on a practice squad unless he spent fewer than nine games on a club's 46-player active list in each of his pro seasons."

Since Montee Ball has two accrued seasons (and no more), I believe that qualifies as, "no more than two," in NFL-speak. So as long as a practice squad doesn't already have two members who meet that designation, he should be eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzlyB View Post
                              As with all of its rules, the NFL has written the practice squad eligibility requirements to be as difficult as possible for a layman to interpret. Still, one quote on the new rules I found was this:

"And each team now can sign a maximum of two practice squad players who have earned no more than two NFL seasons toward free agency. Aside from that exception, a player with one or more accrued seasons can't go on a practice squad unless he spent fewer than nine games on a club's 46-player active list in each of his pro seasons."

Since Montee Ball has two accrued seasons (and no more), I believe that qualifies as, "no more than two," in NFL-speak. So as long as a practice squad doesn't already have two members who meet that designation, he should be eligible.
                              Thanks for the lesson Griz, gotta spread it

Comment

Working...
                              X