X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Claim James Ferentz C

Could be Mean Gradkowski gone
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

And he is. I still can't believe we traded a 4th (2015)and a 5th (2016) for him...

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
      And he is. I still can't believe we traded a 4th (2015)and a 5th (2016) for him...
      We traded our 4th in 2015 for the Ravens 5th in 2015
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
        Dang, completely forgot about the traded picks... That stings.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
          We traded our 4th in 2015 for the Ravens 5th in 2015
          Thanks for the correction. I must have misread what I was looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by Hesky View Post
            Dang, completely forgot about the traded picks... That stings.
            We'll get the 4th back with the comp pick from JT or OF, but still a dumb move.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
              We'll get the 4th back with the comp pick from JT or OF, but still a dumb move.
              Well I don't like it, but hard to feel that sting when we are throbbing over the Ball/Lacy Pick. Not been a good day for our use of Draft picks.
              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                Well I don't like it, but hard to feel that sting when we are throbbing over the Ball/Lacy Pick. Not been a good day for our use of Draft picks.
                Nah. Doesn't really matter. CJ Anderson is just fine. Complaining about missed RBs in the draft is just pointless

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                  The good news is the FO wont stick with mistakes, they're willing to cut a player that's not working out regardless of what they gave up for them.

Comment

This is Ferentz draft profile:

Strengths Excellent on the move, consistently hits target on a reach block or at the second level. Very technically sounds, uses leverage and positioning advantage. Plenty of foot speed to stay in front of a running back in space. Solid first contact on slanting blocks despite lack of ideal size. Gets under pads with strong punch and not afraid to finish blocks off with aggression. Heady pass protector, head is on a swivel and can have an arm on two rushers. Has excellent footwork to accomplish responsibility. Hand use is active and continues to attack in one on one pass blocking situations. Also, lower half bend and flexibility allows him to absorb momentum. Has the anticipation and grip to sustain at the second level. Obvious fit for a heavy zone-blocking scheme.
                    Weaknesses Lacks overall size and pure bulk, which will put him at a major disadvantage when man-up against bigger, faster NFL defensive tackles. At times he gets top heavy and overextends when blocking straight ahead. Has majority of difficulties against bigger defensive linemen that line face up and look to punish on first contact. Does not get every blitz protection call right, some A-gap blitzers run free.
                    NFL Comparison Jason Kelce
                    Bottom Line Ferentz is a team leader with pletny starting experience under his belt, but his lack of size is a major detriment. However, is is mobile and plays with sound technique. While he's frequently overpowered, and will get caught lunging, he will likely be drafted late.
                    The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                      The good news is the FO wont stick with mistakes, they're willing to cut a player that's not working out regardless of what they gave up for them.
                      This is why I respect Elway and Co...
                      they are humble enough to admit they made
                      a mistake and rectify it.

That's an indication of a good/effective leader.

Comment

Sucks we let Gino go but lot of teams letting guys go whom they spent draft picks on one way or another. Take a moment and read a list of cut players....anything from recent 2nd round picks to 5th round value guys being let go by other teams. It happens and no reason to get down about it at all. It is like getting bummed because your stocks went down...it happens but unless you like depression no reason to let it get to you.

Glad we picked up a new guy that hopefully we can coach up
                        Skill + Effort = Talent. Talent + Effort = Achievement. A. Duckworth - Grit.

Comment

Even after waiving Gradkowski, the draft pick swap is really just small potatoes, in my opinion. We didn't actually lose any picks, and since I'm sure we're all expecting to finish better than the Ravens, the value lost won't even be a full round. If Gradkowski was at all helpful to have in OTAs and camp, then I think that it was well worth it.

Honestly, though, I'd be surprised if Ferentz sticks on our active roster for very long. Could be a practice squad theft, perhaps.

Comment

Working...
                          X