Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Your post raised several questions:
    Is Manning the right QB for Elway/Kubiak's system? Not at this stage in his career
    Is Oz a better fit since he's more athletic? Absolutely
    Does Elway's respect for Manning prevent him from severing ties? I think that plus the fact that it would be admitting a $14 million mistake keeping him on the team.
    Should DEN allow Manning to run his offense? No.. we know what we get with his offense. My fantasy team would probably benefit but our chances in the playoffs would not.

I'm just thankful our D is playing lights out.
    responses are highlighted above.

Comment

Originally posted by Conner13 View Post
      I had a feeling it would be a rain on Manning fest around here today.

I'll say this. People can either agree or disagree. Manning is not the problem. If the offensive line had done even a mediocre job against the Ravens, the Broncos would've won by probably 17 points. I know most everybody's wanting a change. You want to see what Brock can do. I get that. Those of you wanting Brock in the lineup might get your wish -- because Peyton is going to get killed behind the porous offensive line. And when Brock gets in there, he'll get killed, too. Anybody who doesn't see that the offensive line is sorely deficient and that they are what will ultimately hold the team back simply doesn't know football.
      4th quarter drive 1 and 2 TE sets PM under center, OL looked great. Pounded it and threw at will. Pistol formation 8-9 guys back in the box, drive stalls.

Hmmmmmm.....wonder what the problem is?
      Dr. Giggles

Comment

Originally posted by Skylan View Post
        responses are highlighted above.
        Totally agree skylan
        Dr. Giggles

Comment

I understand the arguments against the o-line. They struggled at times . But as was just pointed out they had their moments too. When they ran the ball. Overall I think they did a pretty good job against a stellar front seven. Ravens are a very good team and the o-line held their own. Far from the worst o-line I saw over the weekend. I assume they will only be more effective as they gel and face lesser competition.

My Manning concerns are still the same. Mobility and arm strength. He is able to balance it out with his ability to process the game mentally and his quick release. But lets give the o-line some credit for having to adjust to Manning's weaknesses.

Manning is not easy to protect at this point in his career. Defenses can crowd and disrupt his receivers. They can pass rush and blitz without concern of Manning escaping and running for a first or throwing on the run. Usually they have safety help to create even tighter windows for Manning to throw into. The pocket never moves. No roll-outs. Even play action is limited due to Manning preferring to not be under center. Many of those aspects of the game are foundation plays to the Kubiak offense that have to be scrapped.

Lets be fair in our appraisals, Manning has his strengths but his weaknesses are doing the o-line no favors.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
            I have to agree with the majority of the execs. Many Bronco fans are saying "we did the same thing with our offense at the end of Elway's career and won 2 super bowls"...a couple major differences:

1) John still had zip on his passes.
            2) John was still mobile and could scramble.

After today's game I hate to say it but Peyton appears to have neither of those qualities at this point in his career.
            It is the inconvenient truth! Our eyes dont lie to us!

In his defense he is constantly playing against a red zone defense. This is due to the fact that he cannot throw a pass more than 15 yards with any zip.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
              I understand the arguments against the o-line. They struggled at times . But as was just pointed out they had their moments too. When they ran the ball. Overall I think they did a pretty good job against a stellar front seven. Ravens are a very good team and the o-line held their own. Far from the worst o-line I saw over the weekend. I assume they will only be more effective as they gel and face lesser competition.

My Manning concerns are still the same. Mobility and arm strength. He is able to balance it out with his ability to process the game mentally and his quick release. But lets give the o-line some credit for having to adjust to Manning's weaknesses.

Manning is not easy to protect at this point in his career. Defenses can crowd and disrupt his receivers. They can pass rush and blitz without concern of Manning escaping and running for a first or throwing on the run. Usually they have safety help to create even tighter windows for Manning to throw into. The pocket never moves. No roll-outs. Even play action is limited due to Manning preferring to not be under center. Many of those aspects of the game are foundation plays to the Kubiak offense that have to be scrapped.

Lets be fair in our appraisals, Manning has his strengths but his weaknesses are doing the o-line no favors.
              Anything over 10 yards isn't even a quick release throw for him anymore. He's winding up like I've never seen, and when he's not winding up he's throwing up hot air balloons.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Brock would have quit football after the game if he was the starter.

Manning is still serviceable and life will be easier if the o line can make a push to establish the run game.

Yes mannings not the same but Brock would have been destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

Manning is still serviceable and life will be easier if the o line can make a push to establish the run game.

Interesting opinion. Not so sure I agree though. No arguing the o-line has to get better. IMO they will. First game together and they still had some good moments.

Curious why you think Osweiller would crumble. He does have a bit more mobility. Offense overall would be a lot less predictable. Kubiak could help him by moving the pocket instead of giving the defense a statue to pass rush. Even a couple of the sacks were close. Manning just did not have the ability to escape and gain a few yards instead of losses.

Not saying Osweiller is "better" or should be the starter. Just pointing out that Kubiak has very little he can do to protect Manning. Play calling is limited. Think two very similar plays. Rollout to the left. Osweiller launches a fifty yarder for a TD. Manning gets nothing on his pass and skips one in to DT at 15 yards.
                  Last edited by FR Tim; 09-15-2015, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

Stop it...Its hard for the o-line to to push 8-9 guys in thr box when they are in garbage pistol offense. Look how they did in 4th quarter with 1 and 2 TEs(wco)......cant be coincidence
                    Dr. Giggles

Comment

Working...
                    X