Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bad does Peyton Manning have to be get to be benched by the Broncos?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How bad does Peyton Manning have to be get to be benched by the Broncos?

    http://sportsshow.denverpost.com/201...y-the-broncos/
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

  • #2
    I dont think they will ever bench him but let him return back to his shotgun spread offense. Evnetually if this is the way the offense keeps playing, they will have no choice but to let him go back to doing his audible everywhere spread. This team will win enough games to always be in the playoff race, so as long as thats the case Peyton, no matter how bad will be the starter.

    Comment


    • #3
      As bad as Kyle Orton was when we switched to Tebow
      "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
      PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
      LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

      Comment


      • #4
        Peyton will not get benched this season as long as the Broncos have a chance for the playoffs. The decision had to have been made when he passed his physical back in March and they negotiated the details of his remaining contract $. At that point his contract was guaranteed.
        I wonder how bad Joe Flacco has to play before they bench him? Manning still had better stats than Flacco ... by far, and Flacco has a decent OL that has experience with each other and has the same head coach but maybe a different offensive scheme.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ChampPik4Six View Post
          I dont think they will ever bench him but let him return back to his shotgun spread offense. Evnetually if this is the way the offense keeps playing, they will have no choice but to let him go back to doing his audible everywhere spread. This team will win enough games to always be in the playoff race, so as long as thats the case Peyton, no matter how bad will be the starter.
          Oh yeah cause that shotgun spread is why he can't throw the ball 10 yards.

          We need to realize that week 1-3 is the best we will see out of Manning this year. Soon the physical toll, the weather, and injuries will come and Manning will be in the Brett Favre final year.
          A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
            As bad as Kyle Orton was when we switched to Tebow
            That was week 1
            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

            Comment


            • #7
              If he plays against the Chiefs that same way he played against the Ravens, talks will heat up. Then if he continues that against the lions he may pop up with another random injury and be questionable for the next. If he strings together 4 poor games, to make for a total of 14, he will for sure be benched.

              Elway is too good of a business man to settle for that. The boo birds already started this week, and calls for Brock were audible at the stadium. If he continues to show like he did, Elway will make the right move.

              It is also possible, since the Chiefs' D is much better than the Ravens', that he has an even worse game than Sunday. Be that the case, 2 or 3 picks Thursday will get him pulled. Then depending on how Brock shows will decide if Peyton returns to start against the Lions.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                That was week 1
                Wasn't it later on in the season? 4 weeks in I believe, halfway through the SD game that we almost came back to win.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ChampPik4Six View Post
                  I dont think they will ever bench him but let him return back to his shotgun spread offense. Evnetually if this is the way the offense keeps playing, they will have no choice but to let him go back to doing his audible everywhere spread. This team will win enough games to always be in the playoff race, so as long as thats the case Peyton, no matter how bad will be the starter.
                  No. No. No.

                  We ran Peyton's offense primarily on Sunday. It was terrible. Only when we switched full time to Kubiak's WCO did we have that awesome 4th quarter killing drive.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                    Peyton will not get benched this season as long as the Broncos have a chance for the playoffs. The decision had to have been made when he passed his physical back in March and they negotiated the details of his remaining contract $. At that point his contract was guaranteed.
                    I wonder how bad Joe Flacco has to play before they bench him? Manning still had better stats than Flacco ... by far, and Flacco has a decent OL that has experience with each other and has the same head coach but maybe a different offensive scheme.
                    See that just doesn't make sense. Do you have that little faith in Elway? I happen to trust him, and believe that if Manning continues to suck he will do what he must to help our football team.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                      Peyton will not get benched this season as long as the Broncos have a chance for the playoffs. The decision had to have been made when he passed his physical back in March and they negotiated the details of his remaining contract $. At that point his contract was guaranteed.
                      I wonder how bad Joe Flacco has to play before they bench him? Manning still had better stats than Flacco ... by far, and Flacco has a decent OL that has experience with each other and has the same head coach but maybe a different offensive scheme.
                      Flacco is a franchise QB, Manning is a 39 year old QB who used to be a franchise QB with a 24 year old 2nd round pick sitting behind him who has looked better this season. Manning isn't the future and would be the perfect backup for Osweiler after he takes over.
                      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                        Wasn't it later on in the season? 4 weeks in I believe, halfway through the SD game that we almost came back to win.
                        I meant Manning already has played like Orton in week 1.
                        A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                          If he plays against the Chiefs that same way he played against the Ravens, talks will heat up. Then if he continues that against the lions he may pop up with another random injury and be questionable for the next. If he strings together 4 poor games, to make for a total of 14, he will for sure be benched.

                          Elway is too good of a business man to settle for that. The boo birds already started this week, and calls for Brock were audible at the stadium. If he continues to show like he did, Elway will make the right move.

                          It is also possible, since the Chiefs' D is much better than the Ravens', that he has an even worse game than Sunday. Be that the case, 2 or 3 picks Thursday will get him pulled. Then depending on how Brock shows will decide if Peyton returns to start against the Lions.
                          He is already being reported with an "injury" which could be a laid in excuse to pull Manning at any point so they don't have to say he was benched.
                          A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ChampPik4Six View Post
                            I dont think they will ever bench him but let him return back to his shotgun spread offense. Evnetually if this is the way the offense keeps playing, they will have no choice but to let him go back to doing his audible everywhere spread. This team will win enough games to always be in the playoff race, so as long as thats the case Peyton, no matter how bad will be the starter.
                            No, horrible idea. The spread/pistol=garbage. Either run the WCO the way its supposed to be run or you "should" get the hook. No disrespect to PM, but football is a business, and with Elway's proven track record....another few games and we may see the hook. Go Broncos!
                            Dr. Giggles

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              This is a serious question, why on earth do fans want to just ignore the bad play and stay with Manning? Nothing of what he has done in the past means anything because he isn't that QB anymore and won't ever be again.
                              A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X