Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bad does Peyton Manning have to be get to be benched by the Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    Oh yeah cause that shotgun spread is why he can't throw the ball 10 yards.

We need to realize that week 1-3 is the best we will see out of Manning this year. Soon the physical toll, the weather, and injuries will come and Manning will be in the Brett Favre final year.

week 1-3 when he faces three of the toughest defenses in the league...great example
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
      week 1-3 when he faces three of the toughest defenses in the league...great example
      So you haven't watched Manning play recently then? It's September, it only gets colder from here and Manning is playing as fresh as he will ever be. He's only going to get worse from here on out. It helps to read the entire comment before you snap back.
      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

The real question to me is, if Peyton gets injured, how is Elway going to handle it? Will an injury that isn't serious enough to miss any games end up being a 2-3 week injury with games missed?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
          The real question to me is, if Peyton gets injured, how is Elway going to handle it? Will an injury that isn't serious enough to miss any games end up being a 2-3 week injury with games missed?
          depends on the injury I think. If the injury is one that affects Manning throwing the ball I see him going to the bench. If it's an injury that Manning can try to play through you have to play him so that you can provide plenty of evidence to the fan base when you bench him.

Comment

That will depend on how Osweiller plays, doesn't it?

If he leads the team to TDs. Can run the entire playbook, including rollouts and long throws (Think Osweiller to Caldwell 2x in the pre-season) and wins games it will be awkward to say the least.

If he doesn't then the decision is easy to go back to Manning.

Since Manning is still currently the Broncos QB, I am going to hope my concerns are overblown and Manning shows up Thursday and plays well for the win. He has to play better. FGs are not winning the game in KC.

No matter how incredible the defense plays they need some help from the offense. They were incredible against the Ravens and still just barely escaped. If Roby does not get a fingertip on the ball to Smith in the end zone the criticisms about how ineffective Manning has been would be much worse then it is now.

Comment

OMG the SKY is FALLING!!

OMG the SKY is FALLING!!

OMG the SKY is FALLING!!

Do we need 12 threads for the same topic?

Comment

I'm tired of the PM vs whomever train, so I won't be getting on.

This thought is worth entertaining based on how last year's injury was handled both by PM and by the coaching and medical staff. In hind sight (yeah, I know) Manning should have been benched and we should have taken our lumps with Osweiller.

By then Anderson had already proven himself so we could easily lean on the running game just as already had been and were doing. Fox, for some of his stranger decisions and seeming fondness of not starting younger talent, was pretty freaking brilliant at game planning with Tebow. I expect he could have been just as creative, if not more creative, with Osweiller.

So that brings us to now.

We already know the plan is for Manning to have days off like Elway did in his final seasons so the team is already trying to stretch his season by working him less during practices. In his absence Osweiller will be running the offense and should only be improving.

Assuming health and endurance are already a concern and the fact Osweiller will / is getting more and more first team reps I cannot for a moment imagine the coaching staff and FO not having Manning benched should he get significantly injured like he was after the San Diego game late last year. (FYI, PM is on this week's injury report listed as an injury to the back, he fully participated in this week's practice).

It goes against everything this team has prepared for this year to expect them to go with PM hurt, especially if they believe he can still play at a high level but needs rest to maintain his health and endurance throughout the year. I actually think they are keeping a close eye on him.
                Last edited by Rastic; 09-15-2015, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                  Peyton will not get benched this season as long as the Broncos have a chance for the playoffs. The decision had to have been made when he passed his physical back in March and they negotiated the details of his remaining contract $. At that point his contract was guaranteed.
                  I wonder how bad Joe Flacco has to play before they bench him? Manning still had better stats than Flacco ... by far, and Flacco has a decent OL that has experience with each other and has the same head coach but maybe a different offensive scheme.
                  Joe Flacco had his best season in Gary Kubiak's offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                    OMG the SKY is FALLING!!

OMG the SKY is FALLING!!

OMG the SKY is FALLING!!

Do we need 12 threads for the same topic?
                    Then don't comment and don't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post

This thought is worth entertaining based on how last year's injury was handled both by PM and by the coaching and medical staff. In hind sight (yeah, I know) Manning should have been benched and we should have taken our lumps with Osweiller.

By then Anderson had already proven himself so we could easily lean on the running game just as already had been and were doing. Fox, for some of his stranger decisions and seeming fondness of not starting younger talent, was pretty freaking brilliant at game planning with Tebow. I expect he could have been just as creative, if not more creative, with Osweiller.

We already know the plan is for Manning to have days off like Elway did in his final seasons so the team is already trying to stretch his season by working him less during practices. In his absence Osweiller will be running the offense and should only be improving.

Assuming health and endurance are already a concern and the fact Osweiller will / is getting more and more first team reps I cannot for a moment imagine the coaching staff and FO not having Manning benched should he get significantly injured like he was after the San Diego game late last year. (FYI, PM is on this week's injury report listed as an injury to the back, he fully participated in this week's practice).

It goes against everything this team has prepared for this year to expect them to go with PM hurt, especially if they believe he can still play at a high level but needs rest to maintain his health and endurance throughout the year. I actually think they are keeping a close eye on him.
                      I wonder if there are more rollouts called on the days when Oz runs the O? I would have loved to see that DT play with Brock throwing on the run.
                      [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                        I wonder if there are more rollouts called on the days when Oz runs the O? I would have loved to see that DT play with Brock throwing on the run.
                        We basically did see the same play, Brock threw a 79 yard TD pass

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                          We basically did see the same play, Brock threw a 79 yard TD pass
                          That was a beautiful play Brock Osweiler to Andre Caldwell. However in this game something tells me Brock would've thrown the ball way too hard.

LOL the pressure was there but it's funny that nobody chased down Peyton Manning on this play, they didn't see him as a threat. It's almost insulting to see teams dhow such disrespect to a legend!

I'm sure they would've chased down Brock though, not bashing anyone just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post

But you did fail to mention that he was surprised, to say the least that he was listed on it ...

"I was kind of surprised I was on it to tell you the truth," he said. "I think like a lot of guys, it's a pretty physical game on Sunday, so in many ways maybe I'm honored."

Earlier, Manning turned on the media for their incessant prodding.

"You know what my thoughts are on the injury report," Manning continued. "I think the media should have to do an injury report as well, all of you guys. I'd like to create it myself."
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
                              Joe Flacco had his best season in Gary Kubiak's offense.
                              Yes, I am aware of that. And?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
                                That was a beautiful play Brock Osweiler to Andre Caldwell. However in this game something tells me Brock would've thrown the ball way too hard.

LOL the pressure was there but it's funny that nobody chased down Peyton Manning on this play, they didn't see him as a threat. It's almost insulting to see teams dhow such disrespect to a legend!

I'm sure they would've chased down Brock though, not bashing anyone just saying.
                                See that's the problem, we don't know what Brock would've done but we have seen what he is capable of in s short sample. We've also seen what Manning has done and it would be hard to do worse then that at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X