No announcement yet.

Gary Kubiak has Denver Broncos gritting their way to perfection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Word to Kubiak: No, Gary; life is NOT fair. Anyone who ever told you it is, was lying through their tooth. If you can't recognize the basic UNfairness of life, you will never be able to overcome the garbage it throws at you, from every direction imaginable. To overcome a problem, you have to FIRST realize there *IS* a problem, SECOND be able to recognize it as a problem, and THIRD develop a plan to overcome it. Spouting off "Life is fair ..." does none of those three things.

As to our gameplay these first four games: I'm glad our defense showed up to play all 60 minutes of each game this year. I hear "Orange Crush" being tossed out by sportscasters and sports reporters; and it pleases me.
    Not everyone sees life through your perspective. Some people believe there is no such thing as good or bad. Its all perception

Comment

Originally posted by Pack Mules View Post
      Not everyone sees life through your perspective. Some people believe there is no such thing as good or bad. Its all perception
      I know. My sister was that way .... until Mom and then Dad died. Her "perception" changed dramatically. Dressing a corpse in a tuxedo only hides what's beneath, it doesn't change it. Like I said, to overcome a problem .....

I tackle problems head-on. The faster you deal with a problem, the quicker it isn't a problem anymore. PC-talking around it does nothing but delay any solution that can be brought to bear. Pep talks have their place, don't misunderstand me. But pep talks don't solve problems. Or, as the ancient Chinese proverb says, "Talk doesn't cook rice."
      --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by Pack Mules View Post
        IMO those peope have not had anything major happen then. Talk to a parent who has lost a child and then tell me how fair life is. It isn't always by any perspective, does not mean you can't move forward and keep living. I will leave it there since that is not what this thread should be about.
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
          Word to Kubiak: No, Gary; life is NOT fair. Anyone who ever told you it is, was lying through their tooth. If you can't recognize the basic UNfairness of life, you will never be able to overcome the garbage it throws at you, from every direction imaginable. To overcome a problem, you have to FIRST realize there *IS* a problem, SECOND be able to recognize it as a problem, and THIRD develop a plan to overcome it. Spouting off "Life is fair ..." does none of those three things.

As to our gameplay these first four games: I'm glad our defense showed up to play all 60 minutes of each game this year. I hear "Orange Crush" being tossed out by sportscasters and sports reporters; and it pleases me.

Life is fair huh Gary. They were your first words to a group of guys(mostly black)from some very hard upbringings and had they not found football Im sure a lot of them would be like a lot of their family members on struggle Street.

Remember a lot of these guys are very tough one simple reason for their toughness is the unfairness that life has presented them in the growth as human beings. Of course life is fair to them now as they are NFL footballers but they still remember their times growin up in ghettos etc Im sure.

All that said however I do think coach Kubes is showing them the way to win playoff football and that is with some true grit.

Comment

He's just being a good coach. The meaning behind 'Life is Fair' is that he's not giving his guys any rationale to make excuses. In other words, it IS possible, if you try hard enough. It's about effort.
            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Perfection might be too generous a word.

He's winning, that's good. He wants the team to improve. They should. Can they? We hope

Comment

Working...
              X