Peyton+Manning+Denver+Broncos+v+Oakland+Raiders+ke UduXFiwELl
    Oct. 10, 2015 - Source: Ezra Shaw/Getty Images North America via Zimbio.com
    It’s Official: Peyton Manning Is Now A Complete Liability
    Shawn Ferris
    October 11, 2015
    AFC, AFC West, Denver Broncos, NFL
    1 Comment

I think we’ve seen enough.

Last year on Christmas Eve, I wrote a piece on Peyton Manning where I expressed concern that the future first ballot hall of famer was done as an elite NFL quarterback as he struggled down the stretch of 2014 season.

Now–five weeks into the NFL season–concern has turned into a downright panic. Manning has been a bottom barrel NFL quarterback in 2015, and has looked every bit the part.

His feet look slower, and his arm looks downright pathetic. It’s painful to say, but it’s true. Not only is Manning no longer an elite NFL quarterback nearing his 40th birthday, he’s no longer a passable one.

He’s now a liability.

Apparently when Tebow was with us we have a better offense

WOW

Comment

dude there's like sixteen threads about mannings "doneness"
      fumpa.mybrute.com

Comment

I like to watch the Denver Broncos play football.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Wow! Done, huh? Well, I guess that means Tannehill (Dolphins), Stafford (Lions), Kaepernick (49'ers), Luck (Colts), and Mallett (Texans) are OVERdone. They all have a lower QB rating than Manning, and none of them are 5-0; the best after Denver is Luck and the Colts at 3-2. Manning done for? I don't think so .... not yet, anyway.

Perspective, people; perspective. It's an old joke: "How's your wife?" "Compared to what?" Same thing with sportscasters and sports reporters: "Manning's done." "Compared to who?" Remember, these are the same clowns who, in January 1960, predicted that Denver's AFL franchise didn't have a chance of winning a game against another AFL team, and DAMN SURE wasn't ever going to beat an NFL team. We didn't have an owner yet, we didn't have a stadium to play in, we didn't have a coaching staff, we didn't have any players; but all the clowns KNEW we were done before we even started.

Pfffft. I'm torn between sports reporters, journalists in general, used car salesmen, lawyers, or politicians as to which group is the least deserving of respect.
          --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
            Wow! Done, huh? Well, I guess that means Tannehill (Dolphins), Stafford (Lions), Kaepernick (49'ers), Luck (Colts), and Mallett (Texans) are OVERdone. They all have a lower QB rating than Manning, and none of them are 5-0; the best after Denver is Luck and the Colts at 3-2. Manning done for? I don't think so .... not yet, anyway.
            The problem with this is that all of those QB's you named above are still "young" in terms of Football age and can still turn things around if needed. Manning on the other hand, as noted above is nearing age 40 and nearing the end of his career and if you cannot accept nor agree with the fact that his play has dramatically decreased over the past 2 seasons then you are blind. The ONLY reason Denver is 5-0 right now is because the Defense won those games, not Manning! In fact it could be argued that if it weren't for the Defense, Denver might be 0-5 right now because of Manning.
            sigpic

Comment

Shouldn't these incessant anti-Manning threads be in the "Smack" section?

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                Shouldn't these incessant anti-Manning threads be in the "Smack" section?
                The thread isn't intended as smack, and the article has some truth to it.
                :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
                  The problem with this is that all of those QB's you named above are still "young" in terms of Football age and can still turn things around if needed. Manning on the other hand, as noted above is nearing age 40 and nearing the end of his career and if you cannot accept nor agree with the fact that his play has dramatically decreased over the past 2 seasons then you are blind. The ONLY reason Denver is 5-0 right now is because the Defense won those games, not Manning! In fact it could be argued that if it weren't for the Defense, Denver might be 0-5 right now because of Manning.
                  Preach the truth friend, into one ear and out the other I am afraid lol
                  Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

I'm gonna go ahead and slam on the brakes of the "Manning is done hype train" courtesy of the anti-Manning media. As I have stated over and over, Manning isn't done unless he and he alone says he's done. Besides, we have plenty of football left to play and our offense, as I said before, could turn into a well-oiled machine after our bye week. Or it could be during the Browns game, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Pack Mules View Post
                      Apparently when Tebow was with us we have a better offense

WOW
                      Wow indeed. That is quite a scary statistic to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by DwhitetheGamer View Post
                        I'm gonna go ahead and slam on the brakes of the "Manning is done hype train" courtesy of the anti-Manning media. As I have stated over and over, Manning isn't done unless he and he alone says he's done. Besides, we have plenty of football left to play and our offense, as I said before, could turn into a well-oiled machine after our bye week. Or it could be during the Browns game, who knows?
                        This is why there are problems with sports today. You are enabling a professional to determine a teams fate even when the are becoming a problem in the big picture, because they are entitled. I dont disagree that he has earned the right to come back this year, but it is the owners and coaches responsibility to make the decision whether the players play warrants playing time or not. To this point they have stuck with him, but as seen by the general media and a lot of loyal fans (to include myself) it is painfully obvious he and the pistol aren't going to beat the big boys and it will be one and done. Not sure the JE or Kubes can pull the plug now for several reasons i syated elsewhere, but it is the problem they created witb the same line of thinking you stated.

He is not entitled to say when he is done.
                        Dr. Giggles

Comment

Doesn't matter just win

Comment

He's definitely not worth his salary up to
                            this point.

IMO OZ could probably match Manning's
                            6 TD's to 7 INT's, not to mention it would
                            allow DEN to fully run Kubiak's Offense.

I am not a Peyton Manning fan, I am a
                            Denver Broncos fan and we are winning
                            in spite of him, this year.

I should state, I like Manning because he's
                            part of our team, but to me the team comes
                            before any player.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                              He's definitely not worth his salary up to
                              this point.

IMO OZ could probably match Manning's
                              6 TD's to 7 INT's, not to mention it would
                              allow DEN to fully run Kubiak's Offense.

I am not a Peyton Manning fan, I am a
                              Denver Broncos fan and we are winning
                              in spite of him, this year.

I should state, I like Manning because he's
                              part of our team, but to me the team comes
                              before any player.
                              This....mostly the last part of your post. Seems like people are defending Manning because he's a Bronco, and are putting one player over the rest of the team, because his name is Peyton Manning.

Said it in another thread that our fanbase is split. Got some people that are in denial and some people who see that main is the fault of our lack of success on offense.

Those in denial are blaming ever single player on offense but won't fault Manning. There is threads saying its Kubes fault, its Owen Daniels fault, its Thomas fault, its the OL fault, etc. But if you fault Manning there is a plethora of posters in denial waiting to tell you why you're wrong about Manning.

We're all Broncos fans, we all want this team to succeed, some of us(including myself) believe this since we could get better production out of Os than we have and can with Manning. And others believe Manning will be better as the season goes on.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                              X