Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Understanding the Broncos' offense - and why it isn't working (yet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding the Broncos' offense - and why it isn't working (yet)

I really enjoyed this article and thought I would post it. It explains a lot about the offense's challenges.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/1...ning-explainer
    sigpic

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
    I really enjoyed this article and thought I would post it. It explains a lot about the offense's challenges.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/1...ning-explainer
    I had just read it myself and came over here to see if any one had posted it. It does appear to explain some of the offensive issues we are seeing with maybe hope that they can be easily addressed.

Maybe they can fix it.

It is a good read. CP to ya for posting it.
    sigpic
    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Thanks for this post!
      It helped me understand some of the issues that are going on in the offense.

Comment

That is a great article and explains a lot of what I believe has been missing from our offense.

Identifying the problem is not enough. What is the team going to do about it? I think if you want to get everybody's heads back on the game throw in (pun intended) a better mix of what that know. Let them get comfortable moving the chains. Let them trust each other to make plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
          That is a great article and explains a lot of what I believe has been missing from our offense.

Identifying the problem is not enough. What is the team going to do about it? I think if you want to get everybody's heads back on the game throw in (pun intended) a better mix of what that know. Let them get comfortable moving the chains. Let them trust each other to make plays.
          ..or they could just stick with what they are doing and hopefully they get better at it before the end of the season.
          sigpic

Comment

Such an awesome article. Really gave a ton of insight. Hopefully the coaches utilize this common sense from the player/coach that reviewed it. Give Manning his route combination back and watch the offense start marching on people while the defense crushes their will.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
              ..or they could just stick with what they are doing and hopefully they get better at it before the end of the season.
              I'm all for improvement where ever they can get it and, gasp, that even includes getting Os more involved. Team sport and all.

The concern is that we are 7 games in and have not really shown much in the way of improvement.

Maybe I could have been clearer. My feeling is that if sticking it out will give us rewards to reap down the road, then I expect the coaches are looking for indication that tell them to keep going in that direction. I would hate for the coaches to be stubborn for stubbornness sake.

Comment

Really great article. It demonstrates that our issues are due to several factors and are not just as simple as Manning just sucks as several folks want to continue to say.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                  I'm all for improvement where ever they can get it and, gasp, that even includes getting Os more involved. Team sport and all.

The concern is that we are 7 games in and have not really shown much in the way of improvement.

Maybe I could have been clearer. My feeling is that if sticking it out will give us rewards to reap down the road, then I expect the coaches are looking for indication that tell them to keep going in that direction. I would hate for the coaches to be stubborn for stubbornness sake.
                  I don't think they are being stubborn. I think they believe in this offense and sticking with it is the best thing for the long term goals. It may be rough this year but if they switch back to the old offense, everyone will be a year behind next year when manning is gone (most likely). That doesn't do much for saving this year but they are still 6-0 and have some time to work things out before the playoffs get here.
                  sigpic

Comment

I hope, and think, we will improve a little.... but as I've said before there is just a lack of talent on this offense. Over the last couple of years we have lost JT, Franklin, Welker, and Clady with injury.

DT and Sanders are studs, but the D's are focusing on them more then ever. We have no presence over the middle of the field, OD cannot get seperation and looks really slow. Norwood and Fowler are doing OK but are learning the game and are role players.

The RB's have talent but won't scare anyone, and the OL is full of rookies and back-ups...... barring Vasquez who was better in a power blocking scheme.

We should get better, but don't expect miracles...... and if Oz came in he would have the same problems PM does, lack of playmakers

Comment

Interesting article. Seems rather complicated to me. Going back to familiar country might be a boon to the O!

I doubt that some will enjoy this article. More excuses for Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                        I hope, and think, we will improve a little.... but as I've said before there is just a lack of talent on this offense. Over the last couple of years we have lost JT, Franklin, Welker, and Clady with injury.

DT and Sanders are studs, but the D's are focusing on them more then ever. We have no presence over the middle of the field, OD cannot get seperation and looks really slow. Norwood and Fowler are doing OK but are learning the game and are role players.

The RB's have talent but won't scare anyone, and the OL is full of rookies and back-ups...... barring Vasquez who was better in a power blocking scheme.

We should get better, but don't expect miracles...... and if Oz came in he would have the same problems PM does, lack of playmakers
                        This is so true. I have heard some in the Denver media say that the Broncos don't have the talent in place to run either the MOORE/Manning or the Kubiak system. Perhaps the best way forward it to keep plugging away with what Kubiak is doing and hope Manning can find some level of comfort enough to stop the INT's. They really need to fix the RZ issues as well.

Comment

Just went and read that article for a second time. It is funny as so many of the so called "Manning homers" have been saying a lot of this stuff for two weeks now but constantly getting fierce opposition.

Comment

The article does a good job of explaining some of the differences between the two offenses.

However, Kubiak is a smart guy. I think that he already figured out that Manning wasn't capable of running his offense. So we truly have no idea what his offense looks like at this point in time or what concessions have been made.
                            sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
                              The article does a good job of explaining some of the differences between the two offenses.

However, Kubiak is a smart guy. I think that he already figured out that Manning wasn't capable of running his offense. So we truly have no idea what his offense looks like at this point in time or what concessions have been made.
                              It may be true that Manning could never run the Kubiak offense the way Kubiak really wants it but I think it is worth remembering that the early days of the Broncos 2015 offense from the 49ers preseason game all the way until 0-14 down vs KC was fully loaded with A gap blitzes and complete break downs from the OL. I am really not sure any QB could have succeeded in the same predicament. I really have no idea which direction this offense will go but if the OL can improve and play well against better fronts than just CLE then anything is possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X