Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peyton Manning isn't the only reason the Broncos offense is struggling

- Peyton Manning isn't the only reason the Broncos offense is struggling -

"...While Manning's skills are deteriorating and he deserves his share criticism for the Broncos' struggles on offense, he is just one cog that is not working correctly in the larger machine. To be fair, he's had some flashes of brilliance (his 75-yard strike to Emmanuel Sanders against Cleveland, for one) and some huge drops in key situations, especially by Demaryius Thomas. It's not all been Manning's fault, and if the Broncos finished off more drives with touchdowns rather than field goals, there would be less reason for Denver fans to worry." ...

Here are the five key reasons the Broncos offense resembles a 5-year-old's finger painting rather than the work of art we've seen the past three years:

-Mismatched offensive philosophies
    -Lack of a third receiver
    -No tight end threat
    -Ineffective running game
    -Shaky offensive line

Manning deserves his share of the blame for Denver's offensive struggles, but there's more than enough to go around.

Not the only problem, I agree. However he is without a doubt the weakest link on the team.

Comment

Some could also say that Mannings performance is part of the reason those other parts are struggling.
      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
        Some could also say that Mannings performance is part of the reason those other parts are struggling.
        I don't disagree with that, but be careful how loudly you say that...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
          So it's Manning's fault that the line has been less than stellar at, you know, that thing they're supposed to do called blocking?

Manning suddenly has the power to determine whether or not receivers catch passes?

Manning has somehow transferred himself into the body of Owen Daniels and runs routes for him?

I think not. Gripe about the interceptions all you want. That's a viable complaint to have. But blaming him for the other deficiencies is just ludicrous. Let's face it -- our offense is not as talented as everyone would like to think it is. And Manning shoulders all the blame for it because he's the QB -- just like he'd get all the credit if the offense happened to be scoring touchdowns.

Comment

Originally posted by Conner13 View Post
            So it's Manning's fault that the line has been less than stellar at, you know, that thing they're supposed to do called blocking?

Manning suddenly has the power to determine whether or not receivers catch passes?

Manning has somehow transferred himself into the body of Owen Daniels and runs routes for him?

I think not. Gripe about the interceptions all you want. That's a viable complaint to have. But blaming him for the other deficiencies is just ludicrous. Let's face it -- our offense is not as talented as everyone would like to think it is. And Manning shoulders all the blame for it because he's the QB -- just like he'd get all the credit if the offense happened to be scoring touchdowns.
            Actually when compared against other Qbs yes

You look at other Qbs and when they come under pressure they either straight make a athletic play and avoid the rush. More pocket qbs like Brady will just make minor moves to avoid the rush. PM has taken quite a few sacks without making any effort at all to avoid them.

He makes very inaccurate passes many times this season. Maybe our TEs would have better numbers if the ball was delivered on target more often. Maybe we would have more 2nd/3rd and shorts if PM completed the 1st down or 2nd down pass instead of making a horribly inaccurate throw.

It maybe the worst QB play I have seen in quite some time...only way it is obviously better than Tebow is if you take away Tebow's ability to make plays like a "good NFL RB" (per All Pro NFL LB) and only look at Tebow's passing.

Look I think it is more likely than not that PM will get better as the season moves a long....but be honest....he has been absolutely aweful these first six games.

In a way it is a good thing. We are 6-0 and it is very reasonable to think our QB play will get better

but yea I also reconize it is not automatic it will get better as well.
            Last edited by Hadez; 10-30-2015, 10:17 AM.
            Skill + Effort = Talent. Talent + Effort = Achievement. A. Duckworth - Grit.

Comment

I keep hearing this tossed around but the line has been better every week and the games where they have blocked the best Manning's numbers continue to decline...The "let's blame the o-line" defense holds no water sorry...

As of right now we're sitting at 12th in sacks (so better than half the league) and 11th in QB hits...

I'll give you the dropped passes argument to a very small extent, DT is currently 3rd in the league in drop percentage...guy has stone hands. But even at that, DT's drop rate is only 8% Julian Edleman has dropped 9.3% of his passes, Brady isn't suffering like we are for it. Could it be better? Absolutely, but it doesn't negate the fact that even beyond that Manning has been playing poorly.

sigpic

Comment

I'll keep saying this. Manning is un-pressured and has a clean pocket on over 70% of his pass attempts the last three games. In two of those games (Cleveland and Minnesota) Hillman rushed for over 100 yards and our running backs collectively averaged 5.6 yards per cary.

Despite the rushing threat and stellar pass blocking... those two outings were Manning's worst statistical passing games of the season.

Someone explain that to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                  I'll keep saying this. Manning is un-pressured and has a clean pocket on over 70% of his pass attempts the last three games. In two of those games (Cleveland and Minnesota) Hillman rushed for over 100 yards and our running backs collectively averaged 5.6 yards per cary.

Despite the rushing threat and stellar pass blocking... those two outings were Manning's worst statistical passing games of the season.

Someone explain that to me.
                  Clearly Manning was trying too hard to make them look and play better and didn't have enough energy to better his own play as well

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                    Not the only problem, I agree. However he is without a doubt the weakest link on the team.
                    I disagree about him being the weakest link, I would say the Tackles are but he is close.. very close...

Comment

Originally posted by SammyWinder View Post
                      I disagree about him being the weakest link, I would say the Tackles are but he is close.. very close...
                      Our tightends may actually be. Owen Daniels and Virgil Green have a combined 138 yards receiving this year. Even that combined total is pretty much dead last in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                      X