Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward fined for hit on Hilton AND untucked jersey

http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nf...ncos/75615714/

Ward hit with two fines, combining for $23,000!
    This league is becoming ridiculous, I understand the need to protect players but everyone plainly seen Hilton lower his head into wards purposely when ward hit him.

A tucked in jersey? A shoulder to the sternum hit? What?
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Unreal, that's crazy.

Comment

Par for the course for us this year. I will continue to say it, we are a marked team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
          Par for the course for us this year. I will continue to say it, we are a marked team.
          Might just be being a "homer", but it sure seems like there have been more "one sided" calls this year, especially the last 2 or 3 games. It also seems like there is some effort to highlight Broncos penalties so as to make them look like a "dirty" team. Talib sure didn't help with his stupid penalty either.

To me it looked like Talib and crew were really upset toward the end of the game and I wonder if it was just because of the calls etc that happened in that game or is there something else going on with the players (and locker room) causing stress that sort of "boiled over". I know, and have read/heard all the same reports everybody else has about there not being any problems between the offense and defense, but it just seemed to me that several of the players sort of lost it at the end of the game and that just seems totally out of context for them. Just wondering if something has been simmering behind closed doors and it came to a boil at the end of the game.

I hope it was just that game and they all put it away, regroup, and put it together for the rest of the season.

Comment

There are plenty of articles calling us a dirty team, highlighting Miller in particular. I guess it's okay for a certain team to cheat and get away with it though.

Comment

Originally posted by HARDHIT27 View Post
              Might just be being a "homer", but it sure seems like there have been more "one sided" calls this year, especially the last 2 or 3 games. It also seems like there is some effort to highlight Broncos penalties so as to make them look like a "dirty" team. Talib sure didn't help with his stupid penalty either.

To me it looked like Talib and crew were really upset toward the end of the game and I wonder if it was just because of the calls etc that happened in that game or is there something else going on with the players (and locker room) causing stress that sort of "boiled over". I know, and have read/heard all the same reports everybody else has about there not being any problems between the offense and defense, but it just seemed to me that several of the players sort of lost it at the end of the game and that just seems totally out of context for them. Just wondering if something has been simmering behind closed doors and it came to a boil at the end of the game.

I hope it was just that game and they all put it away, regroup, and put it together for the rest of the season.
              I truly dont believe that there is any locker room drama, this team is way too good abd way too close.

They were just frustrated over the loss, indy played them hard and lets not forget that the colts are pros in the NFL too.

It is possible that they were upset over all the calls but I just dont believe there is anything happening behind the scenes!

Comment

I think that they were just really fustrated with all the calls and the no calls.

Comment

IMO there is a frustration level building. How could it not be. Broncos are at the halfway point and there are some serious issues not resolved.

Expectations are high as they should be. And the offensive struggles stand out as a weak link. Defense is feeling the pressure that they are carrying the team right now. To a ridiculous level. If they are not producing turnovers and in some cases scores then this team could easily be losing. They have to be dominant with no room for mistakes. Short fields and continued 3 and outs only crank up the pressure.

Also think there was a huge level of embarrassment at the end of the Colts game. The team had talked a lot of junk. They had the "no fly zone" , the "revenge for the playoff loss" and the "win one for Manning" themes going full tilt. They then proceeded to have their butts handed to them again by a clear underdog team.

Add to that some of the calls (or no calls) going against them. Does not excuse them for losing there cool but I can see how the emotions got the best of them.

As to this Ward fine and call. I am still a bit mystified. It was a vicious hit, but IMO legal. He led with his shoulder into the numbers. That the whiplash of the hit caused Hilton's head to make helmet to helmet contact is unavoidable unless they start playing two hand touch. As a fan I an frustrated with that call. How could a player not be.

Comment

It makes me wonder, if a Roonie lott or a John Lynch could even play in todays game. Or even Atwater for that matter, but the Seahawks hit like that and no flag?

Comment

Great teams persevere... let's see how we react going forward...
                      You should leave a Bronco game at Mile High with little to no voice...

Comment

I have two gifs for this post.

The first is the hit:

Link: http://s8.postimg.org/dnp0xl2nn/wardhit_resize.gif

The second is the most relevant for me- it is clear he drops his shoulder which to me shows intent to not hit Hilton's head. Now if the offensive player lowers his head then the hit to the helmet should be on the offensive player not the defensive player OR if this is the new norm THEN CALL every single one of these hits.

Link: http://s1.postimg.org/g9xu47ke5/ward...g_shoulder.gif

Comment

Originally posted by DavisMVP View Post
                          It makes me wonder, if a Roonie lott or a John Lynch could even play in todays game. Or even Atwater for that matter, but the Seahawks hit like that and no flag?
                          Our old wrecking ball combo of Atwater & Dennis Smith would probably be suspended half the season for the way they played the game. The NFL is really becoming the no fun league for those of us who love defense with their new "points of emphasis". Kinda like when major league baseball turned a blind eye to Sosa, McGuire, & Bonds bulking up on steroids cause home runs and more offense bring in more fans
                          Last edited by Dennis.1960; 11-12-2015, 09:53 AM.
                          "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                          PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                          LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Still no clue how that is deemed a hit that needs to be fined.

I can understand the call during the game. Refs see that and are compelled to throw the flag. But how does the league office review it and still fine him?

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
                              Our old wrecking ball combo of Atwater & Dennis Smith would probably be suspended half the season for the way they played the game. The NFL is really becoming the no fun league for those of us who love defense
                              See this is not it for me...for some reason the NFL is applying the rules much much differently to other teams and what is getting fined and what isn't. So my question is why Ward?- he had an incident when he first came to Denver could that be it?

I ask because the Seahawks have had plays like this for the last three seasons including this one and I have rarely seen flags let alone fines. For me I file this in the same category as the player discipline. You either fine everyone evenly or not at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X