No announcement yet.

Peyton Manning's Passing Records Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Records should be important cause they are a milestone of an achievement for both the player and the team(s). I am happy for both. But as has already been mentioned I believe they should be 2ndary to other concerns such as winning games and getting into the playoffs and winning SB. If they get close and the more important concerns that can be met already have been, then I'm all for it. But it is a fine line and I don't think game plans should change based on records unless the more important concerns have already been met. Terrell Davis was a good example. The year he broke 2000 yds, he sat out 8 qtrs cause we took him out of games. We obviously were more worried about health, rest and the playoffs then we were about his numbers and he was on pace. Then when we had our place in the playoffs locked up and everything we could do on our superbowl was done to that point, we ran the krapt out of him in the last game to get him (and our line), that achievement. I would hope we would treat this the same way.

As for Mannings last game that we lost, the interceptions have got to stop, but other than that I thought he played a lot better than he did the first 6 games for the second game in a row. I would love to know why the big difference in the last 2 weeks as opposed to the first 6 and there is know way I buy it is just timing watching his throws throughout.But regardless his throws definitely looked better and our main problem getting going was drops in crucial situations by multiple recieving targets that killed drives and momentum imo. Our recievers have got to get their heads in the game before we are down by 3 scores. But that game should be a good learning game for both O and D that Im glad happened now so we can adjust by the playoffs.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

As for HOF and PM, I don't know who he will or won't retire with. But regardless, players may retire as a member of a team but they go into the hall as a player not as a member of a particular team. I have never been to the hall, but I would imagine they probably have pics of the players at their record breaking moments times and memorabilia from the games in there for those players. If that is true, PFM will have broke a bunch of his records with the Broncos so I would think their would be pics/memorabilia of Manning in Orange and Blue in there.

Here is Marcus Allens

https://www.google.com/search?q=marc...jZNgE0wuiGQ%3D
      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Working...
      X