Manning Looking To Become NFL Executive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
    Well if somebody has to teach Peyton how to evaluate athletes for certain positions, why not go out and hire that guy instead? Because that guy has the years and experience of observing and evaluating talent.

I just see Peyton's skill as the X's and O's and not the guy that can find the diamond in the rough as far as football talent goes.
    Well, Elway always said, you need to know what you don't know and then surround yourself and hire the people that do. Sounds like good advice to me.

You have no idea what his ability to do this would be and really, neither do I. But of course you have completed your lengthy observation so I guess we should all acquiesce to your wisdom on this matter.

Just once can there be one post about Manning without you poo pooing all over it. This was kind of nice story and your negativity just puts a damper on it. Jeez, it gets really old.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
      Well, Elway always said, you need to know what you don't know and then surround yourself and hire the people that do. Sounds like good advice to me.

You have no idea what his ability to do this would be and really, neither do I. But of course you have completed your lengthy observation so I guess we should all acquiesce to your wisdom on this matter.

Just once can there be one post about Manning without you poo pooing all over it. This was kind of nice story and your negativity just puts a damper on it. Jeez, it gets really old.
      What I posted is a common sense conclusion one would come to just by observing Peyton Manning through the years. I think you just get PO'ed every time I post something. Other people post the exact same things I do, but you seem to lose it because I happened to say it.

Comment

What I posted is a common sense conclusion one would come to just by observing Peyton Manning through the years. I think you just get PO'ed every time I post something. Other people post the exact same things I do, but you seem to lose it because I happened to say it.
        No it's not, it is just another post where you try to downgrade Peyton in whatever way you can find. It actually was a cool little story to read after all the negativity surrounding Peyton lately. Have fun with your "observations".

Comment

By "executive" what do they mean? Owner? Does Peyton have that kind of cash?
          He does not and would need to partner up and likely place a bid as part of a private equity consortium. Broncos are currently valued at $1.94 billion (Colts at $1.87 billion).
          Adopted Poster
          AZ Snake Fan

Comment

There was a similar story last year, during the offseason, when many thought Peyton was going to retire.

The primary story, involved the Haslam brothers, and a tie in with the Tennesse Titans. Bill Haslam is the current governor of the state of Tennessee, and Jim Haslam is the current owner of the Cleveland Browns. The Titans, formerly owned by the deceased Bud Adams, were supposedly up for sale, and the Haslam brothers were repordedly interested buyers. Manning is friends with both of the brothers, due to a tie in with the University of Tennessee.
            Also, Manning's wife is from Tennessee, and of course as mentioned, is part owner of the Memphis Grizzlies.

So....Peyton was purportedly going to be the "front man" of new ownership, probably assuming a role similar to what Magic Johnson has with the LA Dodgers. Peyton of course, does not have the capital to be a NFL owner on his own....that's a billionaires club.

More recently, Jim Haslam (Browns owner) had tried to get Peyton over there in some capacity. My gut tells me that's where this is all headed, as I don't see a change in Titans ownership in the offing anytime soon. But really, what do I know about that?
            At any rate, I think this is where Peyton's immediate future lies. He's clearly done playing for the Broncos after 2015, and he's got enough $$$ to make the part ownership (CEO type) job happen, particularly being well connected to the current Browns owner. Now.......wouldn't it be a hoot if old Peyton did a one-off sesaon in Cleveland, teaching the ropes to Johnny football? Just kidding..........

Once he's done playing for the Broncos, he's done with the Broncos. That's not a criticism, it's simply that two alpha dogs like Elway and Manning would probably not play nice together, and there's only room for one at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
              No it's not, it is just another post where you try to downgrade Peyton in whatever way you can find. It actually was a cool little story to read after all the negativity surrounding Peyton lately. Have fun with your "observations".
              Look, Mora's past history of being anti-Manning aside. What he is saying makes logical sense if you really look at it instead of just getting annoyed and defensive because it's Mora saying it. Manning is an X's and O's person, he has a very bright football mind, he's going to be best suited in a coaching capacity. He has never in his career been in a position to scout and evaluate players. The difference between Manning and Elway is Elway was in that kind of a position, his dad was a coach and Elway had scouting experience prior to his time as a player as well as after.

Could Manning eventually gain that experience? Yes, but it would take him doing something like Elway did and being an executive in a lower level like arena football first. It's highly unlikely he'd be successful just jumping into that capacity at an NFL level.

Bottom line is even when he post things that are solid logical observations, some around here get pissed off and attack him for them because they can't handle hearing it coming from him due to his past history of disliking Manning. Instead of jumping all over him, examine what he's saying and realize that despite his known dislike of Manning, he is capable of making valid points and when he does make them it's crappy to just attack him for those valid points because of who he is.
              Last edited by Freyaka; 11-17-2015, 10:56 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Here's a little speculative blurb on a Browns website, from about 1 month ago:

http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Mannin...acity-40277091

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  Look, Mora's past history of being anti-Manning aside. What he is saying makes logical sense if you really look at it instead of just getting annoyed and defensive because it's Mora saying it. Manning is an X's and O's person, he has a very bright football mind, he's going to be best suited in a coaching capacity. He has never in his career been in a position to scout and evaluate players. The difference between Manning and Elway is Elway was in that kind of a position, his dad was a coach and Elway had scouting experience prior to his time as a player as well as after.

Could Manning eventually gain that experience? Yes, but it would take him doing something like Elway did and being an executive in a lower level like arena football first. It's highly unlikely he'd be successful just jumping into that capacity at an NFL level.

Bottom line is even when he post things that are solid logical observations, some around here get pissed off and attack him for them because they can't handle hearing it coming from him due to his past history of disliking Manning. Instead of jumping all over him, examine what he's saying and realize that despite his known dislike of Manning, he is capable of making valid points and when he does make them it's crappy to just attack him for those valid points because of who he is.
                  Maybe he is capable, but this is not one of those times. BOTTOM LINE is he, nor you, or me, know what he is capable of doing in reguards to an executive position. Most of the time Jim is either playing stupid about Manning or just riding his anti-manning train. It's disresptful and uncalled for. It's cowardly is what it is. I can almost guarantee he is thriving off of Mannings decline, it's almost like it fuels him which is pathetic. Yes Manning is on the decline, just he suck? No..should he start? No..Can he handle a GM position? No one knows other the people closest to him. Has Jim "observed" him in a GM like atmosphere? No..Does Jim talk out of his ass? Most of the time. Do the Broncos still rock? Yes they do.

Comment

Manning might be the Houston Texans QB before he is in a front office. He won't want to go out like this and can probably still play at a high level if he is running the offense. Houston comes to Denver next year as well.

Comment

Manning and Luck in the same division, wouldn't that be something.

Comment

Why not commissioner?
                        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                        sigpic

Comment

I think he has a brighter future as a talking head on one of the NFL broadcasts. Not only for his in depth knowledge of the game but his great sense of humor and likable public persona. I'd rather watch him than Al Michaels (who is already 71 years old) on Sunday Night Football for instance.
                          Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

I think over time he would be a good executive in the NFL but it takes time to learn the ins and outs of the management/business side and trust me there are good executives and bad executives.

Elway did it right by getting his feet wet in business with his car dealerships and then being part owner in his arena football team. He learned the scouting from his father and learned how to run a football team. He learned to surround himself with good people because you can't do everything yourself. He learned to let his people do the job he hired them for under his direction.

With football Manning seems like he may want too much control and that may hurt him in an executive roll. I am just speculating of course but he has his routines and does not like it when things change. You have to trust the people around you and allow them to do their jobs.

No matter what direction he goes if he attacks it like he has his football career then he will succeed in any endeavor he takes on.
                            sigpic
                            Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                            2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                            2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Working...
                            X