Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Klee: Ready for Brady-Osweiler? Broncos must start Brock vs. Patriots

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    If we can get to Brady... and this is a very large IF, I think we'll have a chance. But if we don't, and let him sit and pick all day against our defense - it will be over.

    Also, don't discredit the Patriots defense. Our pass/run blocking is anemic at best, and I could see them putting major pressure against both the run and the pass. Our tackles have played poorly all season... Let's hope they can step up in a big way.
    We may see a lot of tight formations with 12 personnel.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
      We'll likely see a lot of 3rd and longs in this game. We won't be able to run on the Patriots.
      I agree

      Pats are not going to let us run.

      We still need to try tho.

      The moment we stop running the ball....the Pats are going to know that drive or next and game will be over
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Hadez View Post
        I agree

        Pats are not going to let us run.

        We still need to try tho.

        The moment we stop running the ball....the Pats are going to know that drive or next and game will be over
        Before yesterday we've had significant inconsistency with our run game. We've had some highs with one back, while the other couldn't get it done.

        Vs. the Bears both backs averaged well over 4 YPC. The Bears manhandled our OL, especially with the pass rush but for runs and PAP the backs managed to BOTH do really well.

        Our running game is not on life support... yet...

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Rastic View Post
          Before yesterday we've had significant inconsistency with our run game. We've had some highs with one back, while the other couldn't get it done.

          Vs. the Bears both backs averaged well over 4 YPC. The Bears manhandled our OL, especially with the pass rush but for runs and PAP the backs managed to BOTH do really well.

          Our running game is not on life support... yet...
          Actually, closer to 5 ypa. Hillman and Anderson were both 4.9 ypa.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Hadez View Post
            I agree

            Pats are not going to let us run.

            We still need to try tho.

            The moment we stop running the ball....the Pats are going to know that drive or next and game will be over
            Patriots aren't great against the run, their numbers are skewed because they were trying to run up the score earlier in the season so teams couldn't run on them due to the score

            Comment


            • #51
              We havent had much luck with #17s. Matt Robinson, Steve DeBerg. I hope he breaks that trend. I hate that number.
              Last edited by ArchAngel; 11-23-2015, 10:56 PM.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                We havent had much luck with #17s. Matt Robinson, Steve DeBerg. I hope he breaks that trend. I hate that number.
                Brock wore #17 at ASU, but wore #6 in 2012 for the Broncos while Andre Caldwell wore #17 that year. In 2013, Brock switched to #17 and Caldwell started wearing #12.

                ROF QB numbers are: Frank Tripucka #18; Charley Johnson #12; Craig Morton and John Elway #7.

                There have been fourteen Broncos to wear #17. Maybe Brock will be the best. :thumb:
                Last edited by samparnell; 11-24-2015, 12:29 PM. Reason: redundancy
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                  I'm not comparing him to Manning. I'm just watching the game we saw from Brock. And I don't see a season altering player. People are acting like he some sort of savor, and to me he is a player. Again he had a nice game, but a game IMO that was well game planned to protect its young QB. I will wait to jump on the bandwagon until the training wheels come off.
                  im guessing because what we really need is a quarterback playing at least at an average level and no turnovers. 20/27 250 2 tds and 0 ints is extremely efficient. With the defense that we have we can be very successful with those type of numbers, especially if we continue to be able to run the ball as well as we did

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                    We havent had much luck with #17s. Matt Robinson, Steve DeBerg. I hope he breaks that trend. I hate that number.
                    Since #7 is retired, this was the only way to get that "lucky" number on his chest.

                    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
                    2021 Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                      Patriots aren't great against the run, their numbers are skewed because they were trying to run up the score earlier in the season so teams couldn't run on them due to the score
                      I told this to someone earlier in the week. They've faced the 2nd lowest amount of rushing attempts in the league. They're 12th in yards per carry allowed.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X