No announcement yet.

Peyton Manning providing scouting report to Broncos' starting QB Brock Osweiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peyton Manning providing scouting report to Broncos' starting QB Brock Osweiler

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...os-starting-qb

Very nice to hear this.
    sigpic

Comment

I don't understand all the commotion to begin with. We don't know what is going on and speculation can be dangerous by its nature.

Peyton has under performed and he is now on the bench, regardless of reason. That is enough for me, he did a lot for us, no need to dog pile.

I hate seeing him go out like this, but he ran that risk doing this year by year stuff. Everyone knew it would happen someday, I don't understand all the hurt feelings. I find it all almost humorous, but in kind of a sad way.
      Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

I don't think it can hurt to have Manning available, when healthy. You never know what might happen in the next 6-10 games, a spark may be needed at just the right time ... time will tell.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm just waiting for him to be in the booth and be like, "what the heck was that Dennison? Get up, I'm taking over" LOL
          sigpic

Comment

It has been sad to see the detractors Jump on any and all things true or not to sully his name and game.

How many just had to say or agree with a post that said the coaches did not want him around Oz be use he was trying to sabotage his play.

Really sad that people get so invested into a player they will do or say anything to denigrate them.

This article should shut them up but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

Nice to read about Manning helping Oz out. I watched the interview where he was talking about interacting with Oz and it sounded to me like he just wanted to get out of Oz's way, to keep from becoming a distraction. Manning said that Oz was going to be getting tons of input from the coaches and he didn't want to contribute to paralysis by analysis, basically. I did read a few posts on here bagging on Manning for that and it sounded to me like the posters were engaging in Junior High School level overly dramatic bull****. All of that aside...I think now that Oz has shown that he is capable of processing the situation it would be a great time to get input from Manning. I'd like to see Manning going over those pictures on the sidelines with Oz. Helping him read the Defense and looking for mismatches. As long as Oz can handle the feedback this is a good opportunity for him to grow.
              Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                Nice to read about Manning helping Oz out. I watched the interview where he was talking about interacting with Oz and it sounded to me like he just wanted to get out of Oz's way, to keep from becoming a distraction. Manning said that Oz was going to be getting tons of input from the coaches and he didn't want to contribute to paralysis by analysis, basically. I did read a few posts on here bagging on Manning for that and it sounded to me like the posters were engaging in Junior High School level overly dramatic bull****. All of that aside...

I think now that Oz has shown that he is capable of processing the situation it would be a great time to get input from Manning. I'd like to see Manning going over those pictures on the sidelines with Oz. Helping him read the Defense and looking for mismatches. As long as Oz can handle the feedback this is a good opportunity for him to grow.
                I read somewhere in the past few days, that in the last game OZ did not audibile at all, but just went with the ply called in from Gary. So not sure what good Mannings input is for reading defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                  I read somewhere in the past few days, that in the last game OZ did not audibile at all, but just went with the ply called in from Gary. So not sure what good Mannings input is for reading defenses.
                  I'm glad to hear that. Get the play. Huddle up. Get everyone on the same play. Line up. Snap the ball. Execute the play. Next play. Brock & Co. need to concentrate on execution. Let Kubiak/Dennison/Knapp & Co. do the playcalling. They probably have the first twenty plays ready to go.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    I'm glad to hear that. Get the play. Huddle up. Get everyone on the same play. Line up. Snap the ball. Execute the play. Next play. Brock & Co. need to concentrate on execution. Let Kubiak/Dennison/Knapp & Co. do the playcalling. They probably have the first twenty plays ready to go.
                    In fact they like Shanahan script a number of plays not only to see how they work but if they do not, how the defense reacts to them.

Franky I do not like to run a play they know will not work after getting to the LOS just because it was the one called.

Taking the ability of the QB to make a change at the LOS is beyond dumb IMO. Even IF it is just to see how the defense reacts to it.

Give me the ability to score first and often to what they may be able to do later in the game.

Comment

In fact they like Shanahan script a number of plays not only to see how they work but if they do not, how the defense reacts to them.

Franky I do not like to run a play they know will not work after getting to the LOS just because it was the one called.

Taking the ability of the QB to make a change at the LOS is beyond dumb IMO. Even IF it is just to see how the defense reacts to it.

Give me the ability to score first and often to what they may be able to do later in the game.
                      Depends on the QB and the offense. When you are a pass heavy offense, that sort of thing makes sense. But a 21 personnel, run heavy offense, it's too much. Just line up, do your job, and beat the man in front of you. What's the point of an OC if the QB is just going to call what he wants?

I agree with Sam here. Base the outcome on the hard nose execution, not the cuteness of what play it is. If everybody's doing their job, it shouldn't matter what the play is. Heck, I don't care if the defense knows the exact play every call. They still have to stop it...........
                      #swapping

Comment

There were times in the Bears game where Oz froze up a little and missed open receivers. I think part of that is that the game has to "slow down" for him. That will come with time. Part of that is just being ready and anticipating the development of the play. Manning can help with that, especially by going over plays on the sidelines. Manning is great at reading Defensive weaknesses and picking up on tendencies.
                        Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                          Depends on the QB and the offense. When you are a pass heavy offense, that sort of thing makes sense. But a 21 personnel, run heavy offense, it's too much. Just line up, do your job, and beat the man in front of you. What's the point of an OC if the QB is just going to call what he wants?

I agree with Sam here. Base the outcome on the hard nose execution, not the cuteness of what play it is. If everybody's doing their job, it shouldn't matter what the play is. Heck, I don't care if the defense knows the exact play every call. They still have to stop it...........
                          That all makes the assumptions that we have the personnel to actually beat the guy in front of you.

So they have not proved they can do that consistently. For that matter even 20% of the time or so.

This is not the old Lombardi packers where they had student body left or right with Taylor and Horning or the brown s with Jimmy B.

We are the Broncos that have averaged so far 94 yards a game on the ground. And have had one game against a last tier 28th ranked run defense that we racked up a whopping 17o on.

When we huddle up and take the entire play clock up it allows the defense to swap out tired players and get their calls in.

Perhaps in another stadium that makes some sense but at mile high your trashing your 12th man on the field so to speak Mike high thin air.

IMO a really dumb idea, when the defense is still trying to suck air from the last play and can not substitute you are losing that home field advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                            There were times in the Bears game where Oz froze up a little and missed open receivers. I think part of that is that the game has to "slow down" for him. That will come with time. Part of that is just being ready and anticipating the development of the play. Manning can help with that, especially by going over plays on the sidelines. Manning is great at reading Defensive weaknesses and picking up on tendencies.
                            Manning is one of that GOATs at reading defenses but going over it after the fact with a kid the game has not slowed down yet with. Minimal impact IMO. Especially since the kid has never played in this offense before a couple of weeks ago.

His three plus years if being a backup wer predicated on another offense.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              Originally posted by flosstein View Post

Agreed on all of the above, this is the offense as Kubes and Elway imagined it from the start. Another full week of Oz being the starter all week will help a lot.
                              [sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X