Five Reasons The Broncos Beat The Patriots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five Reasons The Broncos Beat The Patriots

Jeff Legwold gives 5 reasons the Broncos beat the Patriots* ...
    The Pats aren't target rich, history, run the ball, Von Miller, turnovers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...ainst-patriots

Lots of injuries to the Pats WRs and the Broncos pass defense will make it tough for Brady. But Brady will likely still put points on scoreboard just not as many as he could with healthy WR corp... he sill has Gronk.
    I think running ball effectively is the key in this game, the Broncos play selection needs to be balanced and lean to the run. I think one of the reasons NE's run defense is ranked high is because teams get away from the run trying to keep up with NE's, we shouldn't need to do that if our defense plays up to its ability. There is only 1 team that gets ran on less per game. If the Broncos can run as well as they did against the Bears I think the Broncos will have a good shot to win.
    We have to play turnover free to beat NE, lately their wins have been helped by the other team making too many mistakes.
    sigpic

Even though there are a zillion variables at play, I am going to point out the basics that will dictate the outcome of this game.......The Trenches. I know, pretty simple, and seemingly obvious. But I do believe that if we can protect Brock to a decent level, and can create some nice holes for our backs, and our Dline pressures inside on Brady (which he hates), we will win the game.

As for those other zillion factors, I will just add that, if you give Brock time he will start to dissect The Pats dbackfield. Give Hillman and CJ room, and our O will be extremely balanced and difficult for The Pats. And give Brady pain up the middle, along with the outstanding LB corp we have, and he will get rattled. He is short of Oline talent and has lost some serious weapons to injury.

I've also mentioned elsewhere that Brock will be much harder to game plan for. He can throw darts, but he can also move. And this brings me to another key variable....our offensive and defensive play calling. Time to add some wrinkles. Time to spread their D, keep 'em guessing, work the clock. But also time to mirror some of what Buffalo did on D.

We should be underdogs, but not by much. I like our chances!

Comment

To me the big questions are: Can the Broncos score points and can they stop the Patriots from scoring points?

The Patriots are down to backups as receivers and have a good defense of their own. If the Broncos can score points, I think they win. But, that is a big IF.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
        To me the big questions are: Can the Broncos score points and can they stop the Patriots from scoring points?

The Patriots are down to backups as receivers and have a good defense of their own. If the Broncos can score points, I think they win. But, that is a big IF.
        On the road last week in Chicago the Broncos potentially could have scored at least 24 points but blew it at the goal line with Hillman being tripped, could have easily scored 20 if they had kicked the FG there - which, at the time is what I think they should have done. Osweiler's 2nd game and playing at home I think the potential is there to score at least 20; is that enough to win? Maybe. I think this game isn't so much about Osweiler's play but more about a team effort - good defense and running the ball effectively, Osweiler doing his part, no turnovers and the defense eliminating the stupid penalties.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X