Report: Peyton Manning not expected to be healthy 'anytime soon'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    Not a surprise at all. A majority of the sporting world must be geniuses because this was an easy one to call.

Osweiller as an unknown left room for argument. Osweiller playing well ends the argument.

I agree this could get awkward in the final weeks of the season but unless Oweiller starts playing very poorly or gets injured I do not see Manning on the field again this season. Hopefully he can get fully healthy and accept a back-up role. Even if that is an ego crusher for him.

If Osweiller were to get injured in the playoffs perhaps Manning can get one final chance to regain some on-field glory on a limited basis. At that point system goes out the window and you just do what it takes to win. Manning just coming in and making it up as he goes is not a bad option.

I believe Osweiller is the better option for the team, but Manning coming off the bench to save the day is a hell of an option to have if Osweiller takes that "one hit" that takes him out of a game. Seeing some of the hits he has taken in the last two games it might actually be smarter for Manning to wait patiently on the sideline until it happens. Perhaps the Hollywood ending is not such a ridiculous idea now that I think about it.
    Well reports from the game were that he was providing Os with valuable information at halftime. I'm confident he's going to be a team player. He's one of the smartest to ever play the game, no doubt he sees the writing on the wall and understands why this is happening. I don't think he's going to cause any kind of a stink.
    sigpic

Comment

its kinda a no brainer right

I mean we have seen manning struggle in all but 1-2 games, throwing pick after pick, the run game had no traction, the offense stagnate, trying to design a offense around manning's limited physical ability

in comes OZ...the run game improves, the Tes are more involved, the ball is being spread around better, the offense is installing the kubiak offense as he wants it played

and even if manning comes back...he cant run that offense healthy or not, so why would we go thru all this, see a improvement just to go back to the pistal cause that's all manning can do?
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        Well reports from the game were that he was providing Os with valuable information at halftime. I'm confident he's going to be a team player. He's one of the smartest to ever play the game, no doubt he sees the writing on the wall and understands why this is happening. I don't think he's going to cause any kind of a stink.
        I can see Peyton being a team player now. If Brock is saying it now, that Peyton gave him some halftime advice, it's probably true. I still believe there was a reason other than injury that they kept Peyton out of team meetings for a while. I think this was hard to swallow for him. Now that Brock has excelled and Peyton has this injury report, it lessens the hit on Peyton's pride. Time can also do that.

I have felt that Kubiak was being a little fishy with press conferences after Peyton's last loss at home with 4 INT's. I don't want to say he was lying. I felt like he was really trying to walk on eggshells and fall on the sword for Peyton. And not only that, when Brock played well, it was weird that he wouldn't come out and say that they are making a change. It just seemed like they had to get with the PR department before they said certain things.
        Last edited by Jim Mora; 12-01-2015, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
          I can see Peyton being a team player now. If Brock is saying it now, that Peyton gave him some halftime advice, it's probably true. I still believe there was a reason other than injury that they kept Peyton out of team meetings for a while. I think this was hard to swallow for him. Now that Brock has excelled and Peyton has this injury report, it lessens the hit on Peyton's pride. Time can also do that.

I have felt that Kubiak was being a little fishy with press conferences after Peyton's last loss at home with 4 INT's. I don't want to say he was lying. I felt like he was really trying to walk on eggshells and fall on the sword for Peyton. And not only that, when Brock played well, it was weird that he wouldn't come out and say that they are making a change. It just seemed like they had to get with the PR department before they said certain things.
          It seems like they are walking on eggshells because they are walking on eggshells. The idea of a conspiracy here is laughable to me but - BUT, no one can ignore a transition from Manning to Os for any reason, purely injury related, purely performance related, or a combination of the two, is difficult because of who Manning is and his accomplishments. If it were anybody else it would be easy. It isn't, so, people are tiptoeing hoping time will let the picture reveal itself when the dust settles.

Nobody is the bad guy here, as I see it. It's just sensitive and the team is trying to navigate it while remaining focused throughout the week during game preparation and then during game time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
            It seems like they are walking on eggshells because they are walking on eggshells. The idea of a conspiracy here is laughable to me but - BUT, no one can ignore a transition from Manning to Os for any reason, purely injury related, purely performance related, or a combination of the two, is difficult because of who Manning is and his accomplishments. If it were anybody else it would be easy. It isn't, so, people are tiptoeing hoping time will let the picture reveal itself when the dust settles.

Nobody is the bad guy here, as I see it. It's just sensitive and the team is trying to navigate it while remaining focused throughout the week during game preparation and then during game time.
            Your the bad guy, I know it, its a conspiracy and your behind it

Manning could end up being the most expensive back up ever, and what an option to have as a backup. I'm sure Manning had a rough bit adjusting and I'm sure its still not easy. But, this is his team and his teamates and I'm sure he will be with them all the way. I'm also sure he'd still like to go out with a Lombardi however it may happen.
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

One of the few voices of reason posts here.

Comment

It seems like Elway, Kubiak and Manning are doing a good job of handling a delicate situation. Delicate for the locker room, that is, because its atmosphere is all that matters right now.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  It seems like Elway, Kubiak and Manning are doing a good job of handling a delicate situation. Delicate for the locker room, that is, because its atmosphere is all that matters right now.
                  I agree, and that's why Manning needs to continue to be a consummate teammate. A lot of these guys looked to you for your preparation habits and you changed the culture around here by teaching by doing that while you may "outphysical me" you'll never "outprepare me". Now reward their faith in you by being there for whatever the team needs.

Be a Bronco.
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I know there is no comparison, but in contrast you have Belichick waiving a player for muffing a punt in the snow.

Any Vet wanting to join a contender and considering joining either the Broncos or Patriots next year will have to take notice of how Manning was handled verses the poor guy that gets fired for muffing a punt in the snow-- edge Broncos!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                      I know there is no comparison, but in contrast you have Belichick waiving a player for muffing a punt in the snow.

Any Vet wanting to join a contender and considering joining either the Broncos or Patriots next year will have to take notice of how Manning was handled verses the poor guy that gets fired for muffing a punt in the snow-- edge Broncos!
                      Box seats versus bus ticket... hmm tough choice.

Comment

Working...
                      X