X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C.J. Anderson AFC Offensive Player of the Week

Way to go CJ! Welcome back

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 2h2 hours ago
    With his 113 yards rushing, including 48-yard TD run in overtime for the win, #Broncos RB C.J. Anderson is AFC Offensive Player of the Week
    Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2h2 hours ago
    C.J. Anderson named AFC's Offensive Player of the Week

Congrats CJ. So proud of your performance. :clap:

http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nf...rson/76656180/

ENGLEWOOD - Neither snow nor cold nor New England Patriot could stop Denver Broncos running back C.J. Anderson on Sunday night.

After his walk-off, 48-yard touchdown run in overtime gave the Broncos a thrilling 30-24 victory against the then-unbeaten Patriots and amassing 153 yards overall rushing and receiving, Anderson was named the AFC's Offensive Player of the Week.

It's the Broncos' second consecutive honor as quarterback Brock Osweiler was the AFC's top player the previous week.

It's also the second time Anderson received the award. He was the top conference offensive player in the final week of last season thanks to an 87-yard rushing, 20-yard receiving, three-touchdown performance in a win against the Oakland Raiders.

Anderson's top competitors for the AFC award this time were:

Oakland Raiders quarterback Derek Carr (330 yards, 3 touchdowns, 0 interceptions)
    Kansas City receiver Jeremy Maclin (9 catches, 160 yards, 1 TD).

Although Anderson and the Broncos' running game started slowly this year, his 496 yards rushing through 11 games puts him ahead of last year's pace. He had 368 yards rushing through 11 games last year as he didn't emerge until game nine.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Congrats to CJ...but I was wondering if Oz was going to go 2 for 2
      "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
      PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
      LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

I think the offense is turning the corner and at a good time of the season ... It's the Broncos' second consecutive honor as quarterback Brock Osweiler was the AFC's top player the previous week.
        San Diego up next isn't very good against the run, I think both RBs have a decent game again.

sigpic

Comment

This is great. The more we can establish we are a running team...the better chances Brock and our WR's have too.
          sigpic

Comment

Very well earned

Top notch performance that came at the perfect time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
              Congrats to CJ...but I was wondering if Oz was going to go 2 for 2
              Hey Denver's 2 for 2 that's important I think. It shows that we are turning a corner. I'd have loved to see Oz pick it up two weeks in a row, but it's great that we're keeping the award in-house.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                I think the offense is turning the corner and at a good time of the season ... It's the Broncos' second consecutive honor as quarterback Brock Osweiler was the AFC's top player the previous week.
                San Diego up next isn't very good against the run, I think both RBs have a decent game again.

I've always said it isn't about how you play the season or even how you finish. It's about getting hot as a team at the right time and not peaking too early.

We're getting hot at the right time and I'm so excited for the playoffs right now. Hopefully we can sustain this through the rest of the season and not peak too early.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  Hey Denver's 2 for 2 that's important I think. It shows that we are turning a corner. I'd have loved to see Oz pick it up two weeks in a row, but it's great that we're keeping the award in-house.
                  Definitely, maybe DT wakes up or Sanders rips the Chargers and we make it 3 straight weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
                    Definitely, maybe DT wakes up or Sanders rips the Chargers and we make it 3 straight weeks
                    I'd really like it to be DT...That poor kid needs this fanbase to cut him a little slack and having a dominating game would go a long way to earning him a reprieve from the fanbase's ire.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                      I'd really like it to be DT...That poor kid needs this fanbase to cut him a little slack and having a dominating game would go a long way to earning him a reprieve from the fanbase's ire.
                      Ya, he really had a poor game Sunday night (other than his late game catch which was the usual DT we know) and I'd love to see him get back on track. I gotta wonder though if his lack of concentration/drops has anything to do with scoring the big contract? Living near Seattle that seems to be the local consensus for the serious crash in the Seahawks fortunes this season

Comment

Wow...Oz takes over and two offensive players
                        win this award!

Hopefully the trend continues going forward!

Comment

He caught a lot of flack, early, when he was clearly slowed by a "turf toe" injury. And Hillman did a good job while CJ was healing. A much deserved reward, and a clear indication that the patience shown by Kubiak in getting our running game going is now paying off.

A lot of people on this Board had been calling for a return to more of a "Zone" Alex Gibbs-style blocking scheme, and it appears to fit our OL talent. It would have been so easy to throw up your hands and go back to the old offense that came up short in the Super Bowl. Let's hope CJ and Hillman stay healthy!!!

And there will be more setbacks and growing pains with the offensive line, but it looks like we are on the right track!

Comment

No one wanted to tackle him in the snow, definitely not that safety on the walk off TD

Comment

Working...
                            X