Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manning must start in playoffs to collect bonus?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manning must start in playoffs to collect bonus?...

Interesting.

The plot thickens, perhaps?

I actually think the whole 'Manning - Osweiler' situation is pretty simple. When Manning was starting QB, the team were winning. Peyton was misfiring, for various reasons, but the bottom line was that the team were winning. If Kubiak had benched Manning for Osweiler, and the team lost - Kubiak would have got it in the neck for changing a winning team, even allowing for Peyton's personal poor performances.

Then comes the foot injury...

No decision to make - Osweiler starts. Osweiler-led Broncos won. Then won again, and again. Is Osweiler looking like the greatest QB of all time? No. Does that matter if he and the team are winning? No, not at the end of the day it doesn't. So, unless Osweiler blows a gasket, he should stay in. If Kubiak benches Osweiler for a healthy-again Manning, and the team loses? Kubiak gets it in the neck for changing a winning team. (See above!)

Team kept winning under Manning - Manning remained starter. Team continues to win under Osweiler - Osweiler remains starter.

It should be that simple. The wins are all that matter, it's a team game, not just two individual players.
    Last edited by pozbaird; 12-12-2015, 10:06 AM.
    Renfrewshire Scotland - Colorado USA

Comment

Originally posted by pozbaird View Post
      It should be that simple. The wins are all that matter, it's a team game, not just two individual players.
      BINGO! At last someone gets it.

Comment

I don't think it's as simple as you make out. Maybe the bonus money was "promised" in a sense that Manning starts in playoffs, to be able to go after his bonus? Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by TheArtofManning View Post
          I don't think it's as simple as you make out. Maybe the bonus money was "promised" in a sense that Manning starts in playoffs, to be able to go after his bonus? Just a thought.
          No doubt it isn't as simple as I made out - but from a sporting perspective it should be. It should be a no-brainer.

You stick with the winning guy. The guy in possession of the jersey keeps it unless he gets injured or starts stinking the place out with dreadful performances which help cause losses.

Osweiler is neither injured nor stinking the place out, and the team are winning.

That's the bottom line. Look at a football club like Cleveland or Houston - certainly early this season. I'm surprised anyone knows who their starting QB is / was. You need continuity. We had it with Peyton, he got injured, Brock came in, on current form and results - he deserves to stay in.
          Last edited by pozbaird; 12-12-2015, 10:05 AM.
          Renfrewshire Scotland - Colorado USA

Comment

Manning will rise again.
            I believe.

Comment

Who cares about Manning's bonus. He hasn't played well enough to deserve to be on the field in the playoffs. He is playing like the worse QB in the league and on the bench is where he should be come playoff time.

It is not personal, it is business and he has not shown he deserves to be on the field with his play this year.
              sigpic
              Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
              2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
              2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Elway, and Kubes will do what they think is best for the Broncos. It's that simple! If the think Brock should be the starter then he will, if they think Manning should be the starter then he will. Bonus money or anything of the nature means nothing, it's all about winning football games.

Comment

I personally hope they don't put Manning back on the field. I wanted him to retire last year. I personally feel father time has caught up with Manning and he is done being QB in the NFL. It happens to all players, you can choose to except it, or you can choose to hang on to something that won't ever be the same again. Just my two cents.

Comment

Unless Os plays like.......well, Manning, his last few outings..... He should remain the starter.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                      Who cares about Manning's bonus. He hasn't played well enough to deserve to be on the field in the playoffs. He is playing like the worse QB in the league and on the bench is where he should be come playoff time.

It is not personal, it is business and he has not shown he deserves to be on the field with his play this year.
                      I would assume for the sake of argument, that Peyton cares about his bonus.
                      Not saying anyone on here should, but the bonus or lack thereof, may come into play or into consideration.
                      Just remember, what any of us on here think is not going to alter or affect what ends up happening.
                      Last edited by TheArtofManning; 12-12-2015, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheArtofManning View Post
                        I would assume for the sake of argument, that Peyton cares about his bonus.
                        Not saying anyone on here should, but the bonus or lack thereof, may come into play or into consideration.
                        Just remember, what any of us on here think is not going to alter or affect what ends up happening.

Explain how this bonus will be considered?

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                          He WAS playing like the worse QB in the league.

Fixed that for you

I might add it was initally behind a really lousy OL. Then after being injured they allowed him to play that way.

So he was unable to throw like his normal self all year.

Even mister wonderful OZ is not much of an improvement in the passing game.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                            Explain how this bonus will be considered?
                            Manning may lobby to start, and it could cause problems for Elway/Kubiak.
                            It could be a story, that they may want to avoid.

Comment

Not fair to let Manning have his bonuses!!! I'm sure Oz has bonuses too and he isn't making $16M this season. This is a football team, not friends and family trying to keep everybody happy, this is business!! Stop trying to worry about Manning, he is a professional and if he doesn't like, what can he do?
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Working...
                              X