Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every possible Bronco playoff scenario

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Every possible Bronco playoff scenario

    as the title reads...some are less likely but here it is.

    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/12/denv...-jets-steelers

  • #2
    Essentially, we can't lose. We lose and our fate is in the hands of another team.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      All of this is because we took the Raiders lightly.

      Comment


      • #4
        ^ What Freyaka said. Piss poor coaching and poor play have put us in a situation we should have never been in.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
          All of this is because we took the Raiders lightly.
          Yes and we made the same mistakes against the Steelers as we did against the Raiders.

          Comment


          • #6
            In a way, our playoff run is playing out just like our early season games. We had a lead, then had to hang on for dear life to get a last-drive stop for the win. Then again, it could be like our late season losses when we sat on a lead, our offense stalled, and we ended up losing.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
              In a way, our playoff run is playing out just like our early season games. We had a lead, then had to hang on for dear life to get a last-drive stop for the win. Then again, it could be like our late season losses when we sat on a lead, our offense stalled, and we ended up losing.
              Good observation. In a way this is probably where we should be. I'm sure one could say 10-4 is pretty good for a team with a bad Oline and a change at QB. Just looking at it from a few steps back.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                All of this is because we took the Raiders lightly.
                Yup and some didn't see the significance of this until now. I believe that Kubiak played not to lose instead of playing to win.

                However, now that we are on the ropes, this team will not lose the division. We are going to win out. If we cannot beat AJ McCarron and SD in our house, then we are not the team that I thought we were. It would be the most significant collapse of one of the greatest defenses of all time.

                It's not gonna happen. Our team is going to rally and be who "we thought they were." Our receivers, especially DT is gonna get his head out of his butt and catch the ball. Vernon Davis is gonna get his head out of his butt and catch the ball. Our running backs are gonna run the dame ball when they are supposed to. Our Oline will be decent. Hopefully.

                And hopefully Kubiak and Dennison will come up with new and creative plays. I know Kubiak can do this. Why? Because I've seen him do it. He called one of the most beautiful offensive games I've ever seen against the Pats last year in the divisional game last year. The Ravens should have won that game, but for a late INT by Flacco.

                So Kubiak, get your head out of your butt too and design some creative plays once and for all for our team. I know you can do it. SO DO IT DAMN YOU.

                But if we don't win the division, I believe that Kubiak so should go because this would be one of the most squandered waste of one of the best rosters and talented teams of all time.
                Last edited by broncoslover115; 12-23-2015, 07:42 AM.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post

                  But if we don't win the division, I believe that Kubiak so should go because this would be one of the most squandered waste of one of the best rosters and talented teams of all time.
                  The offensive roster does not qualify as stacked with talent or best of all time, IMO. That's the weak link of this team and it is very weak. I don't think Fox and Gase or any other HC/OC would be doing much better with it.

                  Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                    Yup and some didn't see the significance of this until now. I believe that Kubiak played not to lose instead of playing to win.

                    However, now that we are on the ropes, this team will not lose the division. We are going to win out. If we cannot beat AJ McCarron and SD in our house, then we are not the team that I thought we were. It would be the most significant collapse of one of the greatest defenses of all time.

                    It's not gonna happen. Our team is going to rally and be who "we thought they were." Our receivers, especially DT is gonna get his head out of his butt and catch the ball. Vernon Davis is gonna get his head out of his butt and catch the ball. Our running backs are gonna run the dame ball when they are supposed to. Our Oline will be decent. Hopefully.

                    And hopefully Kubiak and Dennison will come up with new and creative plays. I know Kubiak can do this. Why? Because I've seen him do it. He called one of the most beautiful offensive games I've ever seen against the Pats last year in the divisional game last year. The Ravens should have won that game, but for a late INT by Flacco.

                    So Kubiak, get your head out of your butt too and design some creative plays once and for all for our team. I know you can do it. SO DO IT DAMN YOU.

                    But if we don't win the division, I believe that Kubiak so should go because this would be one of the most squandered waste of one of the best rosters and talented teams of all time.
                    You are actually attributing the Raven's performance in the Divisional round to Kubiak's play calling?

                    What about the QB they had (who had all his weapons last year) who has a great playoff record and who has shown the ability to win in Foxboro?

                    Meanwhile, one of your QBs is afraid of playing in Foxboro and has failed there numerous times, and the other did absolutely nothing against NE until one of our top 2 defenders went down with injury and your team was able to establish the run as a result (check the stats - Denver had 0 points and averaged 2.9 yards per carry AT HOME, when Hightower was in the game.) Not to mention one of our other top 2 defenders was out for the entire game (Collins) and so was our #3 CB.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Maybe I am being overly optimistic, but I think the Broncos win out. And earn the 2nd seed.

                      As was mentioned, the team is too talented overall to lose both games.

                      The improvement has to be consistent execution! Way too many mistakes both mental and physical. Stop making them and play hard for the win the entire 60mins. Sounds simple, doesn't it?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by HouseOfCards View Post
                        You are actually attributing the Raven's performance in the Divisional round to Kubiak's play calling?

                        What about the QB they had (who had all his weapons last year) who has a great playoff record and who has shown the ability to win in Foxboro?

                        Meanwhile, one of your QBs is afraid of playing in Foxboro and has failed there numerous times, and the other did absolutely nothing against NE until one of our top 2 defenders went down with injury and your team was able to establish the run as a result (check the stats - Denver had 0 points and averaged 2.9 yards per carry AT HOME, when Hightower was in the game.) Not to mention one of our other top 2 defenders was out for the entire game (Collins.)
                        Um. I can see where this is going so I'm not going to turn this thread into a Pats are great thread. Therefore, I'm not going to answer this because that is exactly what will happen if I do.
                        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                          The offensive roster does not qualify as stacked with talent or best of all time, IMO. That's the weak link of this team and it is very weak. I don't think Fox and Gase or any other HC/OC would be doing much better with it.
                          OK, maybe I got a little carried away there with the "of all time" thing.

                          However, I am talking about the talent on the ENTIRE roster, not just on offense. If we do not win the division, it will be an absolute travesty and a waste of talent all around.
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                            OK, maybe I got a little carried away there with the "of all time" thing.

                            However, I am talking about the talent on the ENTIRE roster, not just on offense. If we do not win the division, it will be an absolute travesty and a waste of talent all around.
                            Yeah I would hate to waste this defense and I agree that the approach and attitude of the coach and team vs. Oakland was terrible -came out totally flat. I don't think it was the same vs. PITT though; we did overcome prior RZ issues and scored TD's. Now if we can do that for 60 min vs. Cin I would call that steady progress.

                            Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Saddle up and ride boys! If they had lost 2 of the games they probably should have we would be relishing in the opportunity to earn the 2 seed with 2 home games left instead of jumping ship. They are not great right now. There is still time, fortunately, to become better, all around.

                              I'm gonna grab a 30 pack of PBR and hopefully I don't hit cardboard until the clock reads 0:00 on February 7 and the Duke is handing that trophy to the team!!

                              Go Broncos!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X