No announcement yet.

Every possible Bronco playoff scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think we took the Raiders lightly, the offense just stunk it up in the second half like they did in 2 other games..... and Schofield got killed again.

Win 2 home games, against the McCarron led Bengals and a decimated SD team, and claim the #2 seed. Most teams would kill to be in our position.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
      Yup and some didn't see the significance of this until now. I believe that Kubiak played not to lose instead of playing to win.

However, now that we are on the ropes, this team will not lose the division. We are going to win out. If we cannot beat AJ McCarron and SD in our house, then we are not the team that I thought we were. It would be the most significant collapse of one of the greatest defenses of all time.
      Your one of the greatest defenses of all time destroyed all credibility. We have a really good defense. One capable of wining a championship, but one of the greatest is waaaaayyy over the top. Appreciate the enthusiasm but Wade knows there is still a lot of effort required to get a playoff win. With the injuries to the Pats just getting in the playoffs is a great opportunity

Comment

Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
        Your one of the greatest defenses of all time destroyed all credibility. We have a really good defense. One capable of wining a championship, but one of the greatest is waaaaayyy over the top. Appreciate the enthusiasm but Wade knows there is still a lot of effort required to get a playoff win. With the injuries to the Pats just getting in the playoffs is a great opportunity
        Yeah, I got a little carried away. Can't blame a girl for trying though.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
          It's not really "waaaaayyy over the top". Statistically it has been on lists of greatest defenses, like Football Outsiders. Scroll down a ways and you will see lists of greatest and worst defensive DVOA's since '89. Broncos position changes sometimes week to week, but they are on that list with the '91 Eagles, '02 Bucs, etc. Sure you can add '85 Bears, '76 Steelers and others to the list, but the Broncos belong among them. This is a suffocating defense that produces sacks and turnovers. Sometimes they lapse and give up a big play or points, but the other great defenses did too, especially when they had key players out for a game or two, or their offenses kept them on the field or put them on short fields. Currently we miss our safeties.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Can someone please tell me who we root for today - Pats v Jets?

Comment

Can someone please tell me who we root for today - Pats v Jets?
              If you believe that the Broncos will win out, then you are rooting for the Pats to lose out so we can get the top seed.

If you believe that the Broncos may drop one more, then you are rooting for the Pats, because the Jets will beat us in the tie breakers if they win out.

The poll here is slightly in favor of rooting for the Jets:
              http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/1...roncos-bengals

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                If you believe that the Broncos will win out, then you are rooting for the Pats to lose out so we can get the top seed.

If you believe that the Broncos may drop one more, then you are rooting for the Pats, because the Jets will beat us in the tie breakers if they win out.

The poll here is slightly in favor of rooting for the Jets:
                http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/1...roncos-bengals
                Thanks!

10 char

Comment

Thanks!

10 char
                  Even if Jets should beat them, I can't see the Pats losing to Miami in final week, I personally have to go with the playoff birth and go for Pats win. But I won't be tooo awful disappointed if the Jets upset them.
                  My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                    Even if Jets should beat them, I can't see the Pats losing to Miami in final week, I personally have to go with the playoff birth and go for Pats win. But I won't be tooo awful disappointed if the Jets upset them.
                    Me too! As much as I know this, I keep rooting for NY then say, no you need to root for NE. Just so foreign.

Comment

So I'm confused again. I thought I just heard that if we lose Sunday we're out? Is that right?

Comment

So I'm confused again. I thought I just heard that if we lose Sunday we're out? Is that right?
                        Nope.We are in.

Comment

If Denver loses to the Chargers and KC beats the Raiders, KC wins the Division and Denver would be a WC team, #5 or #6 seed.

If Denver defeats San Diego, they will get a first round bye.

The coaches and players know this. They will take care of business.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                            I don't think we took the Raiders lightly, the offense just stunk it up in the second half like they did in 2 other games..... and Schofield got killed again.

Win 2 home games, against the McCarron led Bengals and a decimated SD team, and claim the #2 seed. Most teams would kill to be in our position.
                            We did take them lightly. We also took SD lightly. Why on earth did we go into and play a SD & OAk team in a slow paced tempo? They have some good defensive components and both teams (Oak more than SD) have good-great pass-rushers. We know we have a poor line protecting our QB and on top of that our Qb is still getting his footing as teams get more and more tape on him.

Part of a game plan is to prepare for some easy to envision situations which could occur in game. It is feasible that OAK would have beaten our Oline like drums. So adjusting scheme or protection or personnel should have been a no brainier and should have been planned for. On top of that we then go into SD and it seems we never bothered to move to an up-tempo despite the fact that it worked the previous week. Also in our up-tempo we should be incorporating different personnel- AKA get Norwood off the darn field. Put in VD or Latimer or Fowler. Bigger bodied guys who can win miss-matches. Better yet get Taylor on the field and cut either Norwood or Caldwell

Comment

Working...
                            X