Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Peyton - I am sorry, we cannot seem to deserve you

- Dear Peyton - I am sorry, we cannot seem to deserve you -

"In spite of all the exciting football drama you have brought to the NFL - and to the Broncos - we cannot seem to deny ourselves "Manning drama" that has no business being reported.

Dear Peyton -

This is an apology to you. An apology for the unfair media circus that surrounds you in spite of all the amazing good you do for football, fans, kids - and mostly for humanity in general.

You didn't deserve the multitude of rumors circulating last January about your desire to play football and whether the Broncos wanted you back (despite saying so).

You didn't deserve accusations last week that you would not be willing to be the backup quarterback should the Broncos ask you to play that role behind Brock Osweiler.

And you most certainly haven't deserved accusations that your integrity for the game should be called into question over a made-up report from an intern about giving you human growth hormone following your neck surgeries in 2011 (an intern who, oh by the way, didn't even work at the clinic until two years later)." ...

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/1...y-broncos-fans

I really wish people would stop acting like he's the Pope or he's curing cancer.

He's a damn football player.

cp for posting but the article was nothing but nonstop drivel.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

"... whether it is winning improbably, losing graciously or giving tirelessly (both in time and money) to make the lives of people hurting just a little bit better.

And you've done that without asking for attention to it. In fact, you've often tried to not get attention for it. Yet, we've paraded you as "our quarterback" and heralded all your numerous NFL records as our own.

You give and give and give - to your team, to your city, to your fans."

No, Peyton is not the Pope or some such person, and I might use a few less sappy-sounding words than this writer did, but she speaks the truth. I've seen it from Peyton, from his first game in the NFL until now. And after what I have read in numerous posts on this Board and elsewhere, on and offline, during this Broncos football season, doing nothing but knocking Peyton... I appreciate seeing something different and truthful, regardless of 'sappy' wording.

Comment

Originally posted by Emily Diana View Post
        - Dear Peyton - I am sorry, we cannot seem to deserve you -

"In spite of all the exciting football drama you have brought to the NFL - and to the Broncos - we cannot seem to deny ourselves "Manning drama" that has no business being reported.

Dear Peyton -

This is an apology to you. An apology for the unfair media circus that surrounds you in spite of all the amazing good you do for football, fans, kids - and mostly for humanity in general.

You didn't deserve the multitude of rumors circulating last January about your desire to play football and whether the Broncos wanted you back (despite saying so).

You didn't deserve accusations last week that you would not be willing to be the backup quarterback should the Broncos ask you to play that role behind Brock Osweiler.

And you most certainly haven't deserved accusations that your integrity for the game should be called into question over a made-up report from an intern about giving you human growth hormone following your neck surgeries in 2011 (an intern who, oh by the way, didn't even work at the clinic until two years later)." ...

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/1...y-broncos-fans
        Charlie Sly did work at the clinic in 2011. Dr. Guyer is lying for Peyton.

https://twitter.com/ajam/status/681643165875441664

Comment

Emily Diana, Peyton is not a perfect human being. Nobody is. He's got a ton of flaws like you and I. There is an image that we are presented with and then there is real life.

Peyton has done lots of good for people. And he's done some bad things too. We all have. Bottom line, he is human like us. No harm in being his fan, praying for him and yes he needs it now more than ever. His family is maybe on the line right now.

Celeb athletes need support and people who care. Sometimes celebrities need people to have the guts to tell them the hard truth and humble them too. If you are his fan, I would say pray for the guy right now and his life outside of football. It could get bad.

Comment

"Bless your heart" for caring about a multi-millionaire/professional
            athlete's feelings.

Peyton is definitely a great person both on and off the field.

Comment

..."we cannot seem to deserve you"...

That's a horrible headline/title for an article. I am not entirely certain if that is considered proper English, nor do I claim to be a master of the language myself, but what an odd way to word it. Not sure if this is the OP's article, but that should probably be revised to make it a bit more clear. Sorry to nitpick, it just made my brain hurt trying to process it.

Comment

in a way its a little disrespectful to other players when peyton is treated this way. So many of his fans act like he is above any criticism, and only he deserves that. Hes a quarterback so people care more about him, that doesnt mean he deserves more respect or special treatment. Not many people cared when champ bailey left and he didnt exactly leave on a high note...and im sorry but champ means so much more to this franchise than manning does.

There are plenty of players out there than fade away when they get older but nobody cares about most of them, no sobbing articles for any of them. I just find it disrespectful to all the other players who have played their heart out to freak out over manning like this.

Comment

Funny how many of us want to find heroes in life. But when they become super stars all we want to do is bash them back down to earth. Is there anyone out there who has actually has had a personal encounter with him that wants to bash him ? I doubt it... Ok, so he's a super star and has tons of money, most of us wish we were so fortunate. But unless you know the man personally, or he has been part of your life, none of us have the right to judge him based on jealousy.

Comment

Originally posted by Playsmart View Post
                    Funny how many of us want to find heroes in life. But when they become super stars all we want to do is bash them back down to earth. Is there anyone out there who has actually has had a personal encounter with him that wants to bash him ? I doubt it... Ok, so he's a super star and has tons of money, most of us wish we were so fortunate. But unless you know the man personally, or he has been part of your life, none of us have the right to judge him based on jealousy.
                    I find it funny that we as a society especially our youth
                    select professional athletes as heroes.

I remember when I taught middle school I asked my students
                    who was their hero? Why?

Many of them named soccer players or singers.
                    They all gave the same reason, "because they are good at
                    soccer or can sing 'good.'" At the end of the the exercise I had
                    them pick someone who was not popular or famous and most
                    of them selected their parents or someone from their family
                    because they either immigrated to the states or "work hard to
                    provide them with things they need in life."

As a first generation American I can honestly say my
                    parents are my heroes.

I am not bashing a person who selects Manning as their hero,
                    but I just think there are other more worthy options...but I guess
                    some things are subjective.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                      I really wish people would stop acting like he's the Pope or he's curing cancer.

He's a damn football player.

cp for posting but the article was nothing but nonstop drivel.
                      Ding ding ding... Winner!

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                        I find it funny that we as a society especially our youth
                        select professional athletes as heroes.

I remember when I taught middle school I asked my students
                        who was their hero? Why?

Many of them named soccer players or singers.
                        They all gave the same reason, "because they are good at
                        soccer or can sing 'good.'" At the end of the the exercise I had
                        them pick someone who was not popular or famous and most
                        of them selected their parents or someone from their family
                        because they either immigrated to the states or "work hard to
                        provide them with things they need in life."

As a first generation American I can honestly say my
                        parents are my heroes.

I am not bashing a person who selects Manning as their hero,
                        but I just think there are other more worthy options...but I guess
                        some things are subjective.

Very interesting. Thanks for posting this.

Comment

Originally posted by Playsmart View Post
                          I didn't see anyone bashing him from envy.
                          sigpic

Comment

It was because of peyton he made the broncos a power house in the afc
                            It was because of peyton the broncos were respectable again
                            It was because of peyton the broncos owned the afc west for 4 years

With that being said im a broncos fan first and a peyton fan second and im all for whoever can help the broncos win and if thats brock then im all for it

Id trade all of the records and high scoring games for at least 2 super bowls

Here's to you PFM

Comment

Many of us select our heroes based on whom we would most like to be. I realize could never be a great doctor,or some great world saving peace activist, but at one time, log ago I was sure I could become a pro football player. Growing up my hero was Merlin Olson, a great football player and a great man. He inspired me and I am grateful for that. We all have heroes, and hopefully the heroes we choose for whatever reason inspire us to be the best we can be. Not just for ourselves but for others as well. As for people bashing Payton out of envy and not just performance, look at the posts over the last few months. A lot of haters out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X