No announcement yet.

Dear Peyton - I am sorry, we cannot seem to deserve you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh good lord give Peyton a freaking break, he was playing behind one of the worst offensive lines probably ever in Denver Bronco history..

Not to mention he is about as mobile as a log... It is not his fault that Elway brought in inferior talent and let superior talent walk and then the switching up the scheme from last year?.. Yeah brilliant moves there... That's not Peytons fault!..

Oh wait yes it is, everything is his fault..

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
      It was because of peyton he made the broncos a power house in the afc
      It was because of peyton the broncos were respectable again
      It was because of peyton the broncos owned the afc west for 4 years

With that being said im a broncos fan first and a peyton fan second and im all for whoever can help the broncos win and if thats brock then im all for it

Id trade all of the records and high scoring games for at least 2 super bowls

Here's to you PFM
      Tim Tebow won a playoff game with the team Manning inherited. The Broncos saved Manning from the gutter, not the other way around.
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
        Tim Tebow won a playoff game with the team Manning inherited. The Broncos saved Manning from the gutter, not the other way around.
        Then he got destroyed by the Patriots plus the Broncos were a laughing stock

Comment

There was noooooobody laughing at the Broncos after that Pittsburgh game.
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

There was noooooobody laughing at the Broncos after that Pittsburgh game.
            But plenty laughing after the pats game

Comment

and plenty laughing after the superbowl....

Comment

So you're throwing the Broncos under the bus, just like that huh?

Well that's your right. Agree to disagree.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

After game five in 2011, Denver changed their whole offense. After that, they ran more different run plays from more different formations than any one team in any season at any level of which I am aware. They won the division and advanced in the playoffs.

They had lost their FB and weren't able to line up in the I, so they tried to run Spread Option. Belichick had his defense in a 50 where he Aggied the 0 tech to strong side 1, Eagled the weak side 5 to a 3, brought the weak OLB to a 5, had the weak ILB over the weak A Gap at Backer depth, boxed the strong OLB, and had the strong ILB over the strong B Gap at Backer depth. There was no where to run and Tebow couldn't pass effectively.

I wasn't laughing at the Broncos in 2011. On the contrary, it was one of the most interesting seasons I can remember. That they made it that far was remarkable IMO.
                  Last edited by samparnell; 01-01-2016, 09:04 AM.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

So you're throwing the Broncos under the bus, just like that huh?

Well that's your right. Agree to disagree.
                    Just that year

Comment

I think there is hyperbole on both sides here....
                      But the Broncos did not "save Manning from the gutter", and Manning did not save the Broncos.
                      If he hadn't come to Denver he may have selected the Cardinals, the Dolphins the Titans, or a few other possibilities. Elway would have likely moved on from Tebow regardless, and none of us would be having these conversations.
                      Manning is no saint, never suggested anyone view him that way. He's been a player I have truly enjoyed watching for a lot of years. That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by TheArtofManning View Post
                        I think there is hyperbole on both sides here....
                        But the Broncos did not "save Manning from the gutter", and Manning did not save the Broncos.
                        If he hadn't come to Denver he may have selected the Cardinals, the Dolphins the Titans, or a few other possibilities. Elway would have likely moved on from Tebow regardless, and none of us would be having these conversations.
                        Manning is no saint, never suggested anyone view him that way. He's been a player I have truly enjoyed watching for a lot of years. That is all.
                        There's nothing wrong with that^

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
                          There's nothing wrong with that^
                          Nope. Imagine if he had gone to az or the 9ers.

I think most people around here are just fed up with the few fans who make excuses for everything he does, credit everyone else's work to him and defend him like he's jesus or something.

Those few fans can kind of ruin it for everybody, and we've seen it with the Tebow fans, and Cutler/Orton fans in that debate too.

I don't hate Peyton at all, and I'm glad he came here and gave us 3 fun years. It's the fanatics and trolls that ruin it.
                          Last edited by Houshmazode; 01-01-2016, 02:34 PM.
                          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                            Nope. Imagine if he had gone to az or the 9ers.

I think most people around here are just fed up with the few fans who make excuses for everything he does and defend him like he's jesus or something.

Those few fans can kind of ruin it for everybody, and we've seen it with the Tebow fans, and Cutler/Orton fans in that debate too.

I don't hate Peyton at all, and I'm glad he came here and gave us 3 fun years. It's the fanatics and trolls that ruin it.
                            I've made some excuses, but my overall impression has been:
                            1) Elway wanted to move on from Manning after 2014.
                            2) Someone representing the Bowlen's (Ellis?) didn't want him simply released (bad optics?)
                            3) Elway tried to trade Manning and then made a pretty lowball offer
                            4) Peyton was too stubborn to take the hint, and in a sense, forced himself on Elway for 2015.
                            5) The Elway/Manning relationship has become "strained" to say the least
                            6) Kubiak's offensive style is ill suited for Manning's remaining skill sets
                            7) Peyton played poorly in 2015 (duh), but didn't really hurt the team until the KC debacle
                            8) His poor play may simply be age, but I think it's more due to his mindset of no longer being "in control"
                            9) Kubiak is the unfortunate "man in the middle"
                            10) It's coming to an end to a theather near you......

Comment

2) Someone representing the Bowlen's (Ellis?) didn't want him simply released (bad optics?)
                              4) Peyton was too stubborn to take the hint, and in a sense, forced himself on Elway for 2015.
                              7) Peyton played poorly in 2015 (duh), but didn't really hurt the team until the KC debacle
                              8) His poor play may simply be age, but I think it's more due to his mindset of no longer being "in control"
                              I think there is a lot of truth in your post Art. I don't know obviously, but I'm buying it.

Comment

I agree with everything but #7. I think his play did hurt the team because of the defense being on the field more and having to work harder to make up for it. Not saying the O now is different all the time, butwe did have some injuries start to pile up on D. We were fortunate enough to win most of those games though.
                                :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X