Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58Miller
    replied
    The Posters who are mad that Kubiak announced it this week, remember the team we play isn't worried about Denver right now, Coming out and announcing Manning will start shows confidence in Manning to everyone. He waits tell next Wednesday to me it looks like a New England patriots move, trying to be tricky. If Gary believes we can win with Manning he doesn't need to try and trick our opponents.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 01-08-2016, 09:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Well at this point they are saying Brock has a sprained MCL....

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I am surprised Gary came out and named a starter. I think I would've kept it to myself and let the other teams wonder.
    If it leaked he and the team would look dumb. Besides, at this point ahh team will prep for both Manning and Os. Not doing so would be irresponsible.

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa
    replied
    Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I am surprised Gary came out and named a starter. I think I would've kept it to myself and let the other teams wonder.
    Same here. There's no reason (that I know of) for giving your opposition a heads-up this far in advance. Unless you WANT them to prepare for Peyton, then change your mind at game-time and start Brock just for sh**s & giggles.

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
    wait did he really say "Obviously Peyton did a great job early in the season before he went through the injury" haha what?
    People are ridiculous when it comes to Manning. Seriously

Leave a comment:

• Remedy
    replied
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    Oh, I wasn't trying to instigate anything. It was just a (sad) recognition of trends around here since... well... forever I guess.

I'm with you though.
    the trends on threads are really funny, my favorite time of year is FA... Every player thats released, especially those with some name recognition gets a few threads started each. "should we sign player X"

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Could we not and just say we did...
    Oh, I wasn't trying to instigate anything. It was just a (sad) recognition of trends around here since... well... forever I guess.

I'm with you though.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    Peyton has been announced as the starter by Kubiak.

Cue more Manning vs. Os vs. ? debate
    Could we not and just say we did...

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSynapses
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Denver's opponent in the Divisional Round won't be known until this weekend is over. It doesn't make much sense to me to name a starting QB for this week's practice. When the opponent is known, the team should be informed who will be starting at QB. It wouldn't be fair to keep them in the dark.

IDK if it is possible for the team to know and keep it a secret outside the organization. It would be cool to keep it a secret until game time, but I doubt if that is possible. Next week's injury list will be interesting as far as who is on it. Manning and Osweiler both may be. They were both on it last week. That could be used as a smoke screen.
    Given how quickly Manning could get hurt, I think teams will prepare for both dispite Manning named as the starter. So, from my point of view, it really doesn't matter.

Plus, the book is out on how to defend Manning, it seems. If our opponent follows the same script, that might give our opponent more time to prepare for both as well.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Peyton has been announced as the starter by Kubiak.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 15m
    Peyton Manning will be Broncos starting QB in playoffs, Gary Kubiak told his team today.
    Cue more Manning vs. Os vs. ? debate

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Looks like a starter has been announced

http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nf...iler/78405704/

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa
    replied
    He's obviously just playing coy to make teams prepare for both, no doubt at this point that Manning gets the nod.
    Good move then. There are only "x" amount of reps in preparing for your opponent. If your opponent has to divide that number by 2 to prepare for two different QB's, then they won't be FULLY prepared for either one. Advantage --> us.

I don't think anyone is really butt hurt. It makes sense that he's not saying right now, makes teams spend two weeks gameplanning for both.
    And two of those teams won't get anywhere near either of our QB's .... Somebody is going to lose this weekend.
    Last edited by Grandpa; 01-07-2016, 03:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ArchAngel
    replied
    Originally posted by Rancid View Post
    Why should he announce it? It is no ones damn business and he can start whoever the hell he wants.

Stop the butt-hurting about Kubiak not spilling the beans.
    Uh, who is butt hurt dude? People are just offering their opinions as to who should play, you know, like they often do on fan sports forums.

Leave a comment:

• Nuts4koi
    replied
    I think it would be great if when the offense goes on the field the first time Brock and Peyton both go out. At the last minute one runs off replaced by a WR.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X