Center Matt Paradis has been the Broncos best offensive lineman this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    no idea why so many are so willing to trust LT to Sambrailo when he has proven nothing
    If he just suits up and stands there he is an upgrade over Harris.

That was the plan when they drafted him get him some playing time at ORT and then Make the move.

But then as USUAL clady did his thing and moved to IR.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
      Schofield has rebounded nicely in the playoffs. He's shown enough to at least be competing for the Right Tackle job next season. Harris has performed admirably given the circumstance. He is a decent swing tackle, but nothing more. You take away the disaster versus Kalil Mack and Schofield has performed better than Harris this season. Particularly in the run game. If he can play consistently he would be an adequate NFL right tackle. With Schofield there is potential for growth. With Harris you know exactly what you are getting.

Also, please note that this is my ideal line up going into the draft. I fully expect us to take an offensive tackle high. Likely with our first pick.
      It was brutal not getting him some help with Mack, I'd say almost criminal.

I understand there is a learning curve but that was IMO stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
        I tend to agree. Althoug hI have heard he is not 100% I really haven't seen him on the injury report...

I do not see Ty being a stellar RT just coming off of surgery. Also for this who are pounding the table for Harris to move to RT Harris played VERY poorly at RT and while he has not been great at LT he has played much better on the left side. Polumbous (SP?) stepped in and played quite well for us at RT in place of Schofield.

With this whole talk from Clady about re-structuring his contract-- the issue is re-structure implies that he is still going to make what his contract states he is gonna make but the dollars are moved forward or backwards....MY issue is that I don't think he is worth half of his contract $$ left anyways. So for me I'd say we try and trade him as part of a deal with say the Browns for Thomas or to another team similar to them. Ideally we'd want to go into the draft in '16 with a LT in place so we can focus our attention on a stud RT to bolster our team.
        Other than the TY info that would be a solid idea.
        But as bad as the Browns are even they are not that stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
          I tend to agree. Althoug hI have heard he is not 100% I really haven't seen him on the injury report...

I do not see Ty being a stellar RT just coming off of surgery. Also for this who are pounding the table for Harris to move to RT Harris played VERY poorly at RT and while he has not been great at LT he has played much better on the left side. Polumbous (SP?) stepped in and played quite well for us at RT in place of Schofield.

With this whole talk from Clady about re-structuring his contract-- the issue is re-structure implies that he is still going to make what his contract states he is gonna make but the dollars are moved forward or backwards....MY issue is that I don't think he is worth half of his contract $$ left anyways. So for me I'd say we try and trade him as part of a deal with say the Browns for Thomas or to another team similar to them. Ideally we'd want to go into the draft in '16 with a LT in place so we can focus our attention on a stud RT to bolster our team.
          The problem with your plan to trade Clady for another LT is....why would another team want to swap LT?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
            If he just suits up and stands there he is an upgrade over Harris.

That was the plan when they drafted him get him some playing time at ORT and then Make the move.

But then as USUAL clady did his thing and moved to IR.
            based on what? Ty showed nothing in his limited reps and got abused by everyone at the senior bowl months before OTAs started. Ty may end up being ok but to claim he is right now is a reach, imo.
            sigpic

Comment

Oddly enough Sambo played his best after the injury and they wouldn't take him out of the game....
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                based on what? Ty showed nothing in his limited reps and got abused by everyone at the senior bowl months before OTAs started. Ty may end up being ok but to claim he is right now is a reach, imo.
                I know your the expert on this forum.

But John who has no allegiance to CSU as well as all of his scouting Staff and coaching staff seem to think he does and can handle OLT.

So pardon me if I go with their opine.

It is not always coach speak with Kubes and John like it was with shanahan where it got to be nothing could be believed

Let me add Harris was home watching TV when he got the call he was most literally last man standing.

He was crappy before he left the first time and the wear and tear on him since did Jim no favors.

Why do you think John was trying to trade for Joe T from Cleveland mid season. They were desparate for an OLT in hindsight a first this year and a second next would have been a Steal.

I stand by my comment a warm body standing on the field would be better than Harris.
                Last edited by Garfield; 02-01-2016, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                  I know your the expert on this forum.

But John who has no allegiance to CSU as well as all of his scouting Staff and coaching staff seem to think he does and can handle OLT.

So pardon me if I go with their opine.

It is not always coach speak with Kubes and John like it was with shanahan where it got to be nothing could be believed

Let me add Harris was home watching TV when he got the call he was most literally last man standing.

He was crappy before he left the first time and the wear and tear on him since did Jim no favors.

Why do you think John was trying to trade for Joe T from Cleveland mid season. They were desparate for an OLT in hindsight a first this year and a second next would have been a Steal.

I stand by my comment a warm body standing on the field would be better than Harris.
                  I'm not saying Harris is good. I am debating whether Ty is any better. he has proven nothing and after watching him at the senior bowl...he is a developmental player who may, or may not, ever develop. That is is even further compounded by is 2nd injury to the same shoulder and now he has lost a full year of development and may not be 100% for the upcoming offseason activities.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X