TD Finalist for HoF....again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD Finalist for HoF....again

The competition doesn't look as tough as last time. Let's hope he makes it this year

Morten Andersen, Kicker -- 1982-1994 New Orleans Saints, 1995-2000, 2006-07 Atlanta Falcons, 2001 New York Giants, 2002-03 Kansas City Chiefs, 2004 Minnesota Vikings

Steve Atwater, Safety -- 1989-1998 Denver Broncos, 1999 New York Jets

Don Coryell, Coach -- 1973-77 St. Louis Cardinals, 1978-1986 San Diego Chargers

Terrell Davis, Running Back -- 1995-2001 Denver Broncos

Tony Dungy, Coach -- 1996-2001 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 2002-08 Indianapolis Colts

Alan Faneca, Guard -- 1998-2007 Pittsburgh Steelers, 2008-09 New York Jets, 2010 Arizona Cardinals

Brett Favre, Quarterback -- 1991 Atlanta Falcons, 1992-2007 Green Bay Packers, 2008 New York Jets, 2009-2010 Minnesota Vikings

Kevin Greene, Linebacker/Defensive End -- 1985-1992 Los Angeles Rams, 1993-95 Pittsburgh Steelers, 1996, 1998-99 Carolina Panthers, 1997 San Francisco 49ers

Marvin Harrison, Wide Receiver -- 1996-2008 Indianapolis Colts

Joe Jacoby, Tackle -- 1981-1993 Washington Redskins

Edgerrin James, Running Back -- 1999-2005 Indianapolis Colts, 2006-08 Arizona Cardinals, 2009 Seattle Seahawks

John Lynch, Free Safety -- 1993-2003 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 2004-07 Denver Broncos

Terrell Owens, Wide Receiver -- 1996-2003 San Francisco 49ers, 2004-05 Philadelphia Eagles, 2006-08 Dallas Cowboys, 2009 Buffalo Bills, 2010 Cincinnati Bengals

Orlando Pace, Tackle -- 1997-2008 St. Louis Rams, 2009 Chicago Bears

Kurt Warner, Quarterback -- 1998-2003 St. Louis Rams, 2004 New York Giants, 2005-09 Arizona Cardinals

The 15 Modern-Era Finalists join three other finalists to comprise 18 finalists under consideration for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2016.

Two Senior Finalists were announced in August 2015 by the Seniors Committee that reviews the qualifications of those players whose careers ended more than 25 years ago.

Ken Stabler, Quarterback -- 1970-1979 Oakland Raiders, 1980-1981 Houston Oilers, 1982-1984 New Orleans Saints

Dick Stanfel, Guard -- 1952-55 Detroit Lions, 1956-58 Washington Redskins

A Contributor Finalist announced in September was selected by the Hall of Fame's Contributor Committee that considers persons who made outstanding contributions to professional football other than players and coaches.

Edward DeBartolo, Jr., Owner -- 1977-2000 San Francisco 49ers

To be elected, a finalist must receive a minimum positive vote of 80 percent during annual selection meeting.

The Annual Pro Football Hall of Fame Selection Committee Meeting will be held on Saturday, February 6, 2016, in San Francisco when the 46-person Selection Committee meets to elect the Class of 2016.

The selectors will thoroughly discuss the careers of each finalist. Although there is no set number for any class of enshrinees, the Pro Football Hall of Fame's current ground rules stipulate that between four and eight new members will be selected each year. No more than five Modern-Era Finalists can be elected in a given year and thus a class of six, seven, or eight can only be achieved if the Contributor Finalist and/or one or both of the Senior Finalists are elected. Representatives of the accounting firm Deloitte & Touche will tabulate all votes during the meeting.

The Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2016 will be announced during "NFL Honors," a two-hour primetime awards special to air nationally on the eve of the Super Bowl from 9-11 p.m. (ET and PT) on CBS. "NFL Honors" will be taped earlier that evening at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco from 8-10 p.m. (ET) when the 2016 Hall of Fame Class will be introduced for the first time. In addition, the NFL and The Associated Press will announce their annual accolades in this awards show with the winners on hand to accept their awards.
    sigpic

Unfortunately people like Peter King value length of career over accomplishments. So TD with all of his accomplishments can't get in but Jerome Bettis, who accomplished less than TD, does because he was mediocre for lots and lots of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      Unfortunately people like Peter King value length of career over accomplishments. So TD with all of his accomplishments can't get in but Jerome Bettis, who accomplished less than TD, does because he was mediocre for lots and lots of years.
      yep. Couldn't believe both Bettis and Curtis Martin got in ahead of TD. If Edgerrin James gets in ahead of him too there needs to be an investigation/evaluation into the selection process, imo.
      sigpic

Comment

My picks from this list are:

Favre
        TD
        Don Coryall
        Pace
        TO
        sigpic

Comment

Crossing my fingers for TD but realistically, not expecting it.

Comment

He can make it this year. His bid is gaining ground. Even has a billboard in Canton.

The fact that Bettis made it makes me sick to my stomach
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
              He can make it this year. His bid is gaining ground. Even has a billboard in Canton.

The fact that Bettis made it makes me sick to my stomach
              Bettis and Martin in the Hall before TD is a travesty. Forget everything in the regular season. The 2008 yards... The MVP... 60 TDs in 7 seasons...

His 8 games in the playoffs are unmatched. Those numbers, for some, are career best seasons!

Comment

I too am holding out hope for TD .... lots and lots of hope. What disturbs me about that complete list, however, is DeBartolo. I guess Pete Rose should have played football instead of baseball; then he could be in the Hall of Fame. As far as I'm concerned, DeBartolo threw away his chance at the HoF when he got mixed up with gambling interests in Louisiana.
                --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post

Favre
                  TD
                  Don Coryall
                  Pace
                  TO
                  Maybe someone knows something I don't, but if TO never officially retired, and as recently as last season was lobbying to be back in the NFL, how is he eligible? I suppose he hasn't played in 5 years, I just thought you had to retire officially.

Good list by the way.
                  Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

Don Coryell for sure. He was a true innovator.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Not getting my hopes up for TD. Been too disappointed each year. Probably not as much as he, but I feel so bummed each time he doesn't make it.

I hold so much resentment over Bettis that every time I see him I get mad. Not his fault but there is no way he should have been selected over TD.

How many times has Atwater been nominated?
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Watched the NFL network show last last

Seems the two guys there think these guys are going in

Favre (slam dunk)
                        Green
                        Harrison

That leaves two spots left.

They talked about trying to get a safety in....hope Atwater gets in because Reed and others are coming up soon which will probably push Atwater back even more.

They also talk about TD having a real good case but what happens is every year people get left out because other people have better cases. After listening to them talk I do not think TD will ever get in.

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        Don Coryell for sure. He was a true innovator.
                        I was surpised he was not already in. You do not hear it much from TV people but just about every coach you hear talk about Coryell talks about how much of a innovator he was.

His peers definately thinks he is HoF worthy.
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                          Not getting my hopes up for TD. Been too disappointed each year. Probably not as much as he, but I feel so bummed each time he doesn't make it.

I hold so much resentment over Bettis that every time I see him I get mad. Not his fault but there is no way he should have been selected over TD.

How many times has Atwater been nominated?
                          I feel the same way. I like Bettis but other than longevity, in no way was Bettis or Curtis Martin HOF RBs. They were both average to above average at best and nowhere near HOF-worthy. Nothing about their careers were great and nothing about their careers stands out other than longevity.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post

Favre
                            TD
                            Don Coryall
                            Pace
                            TO
                            I like that list. Aside from TD, Coryall is definitely deserving of spot in Canton.
                            #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                              I like that list. Aside from TD, Coryall is definitely deserving of spot in Canton.
                              yep, i thought Coryall deserved it last year. I just hope they don't put Dungy in over him. Dungy was a decent coach but I don't think he deserves HoF. He might just get it because he is on tv everyday and the exposure alone might swing the vote.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X